Author Topic: pcsx4all 2.4 UPDATE 2017-01-05  (Read 62894 times)

care16la20

Re: pcsx4all 2.3
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2016, 09:17:53 pm »

Found that audio is a little out of sync on the fmv's ... this is clear with Command Conquer Red Alert fmvs

Mar8

« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2016, 02:41:13 am »
 Hey!
 If anybody uses Filezilla for their FTP client on Mac OS X, can you please private message me?
  I've been savvy with the GCW zero for a long time,  but PSX is a little screwy using this client.
  I don't want to muddy up this thread with troubleshooting, so if anybody can hit me up directly for a quick minute it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

EDIT:
Still haven't been private messaged by anyone for help.  If someone could at least please recommend a different/better FTP client for Mac OS X, that would be greatly appreciated too. thank you
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:48:41 am by Mar8 »

Mar8

« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2016, 01:54:07 am »
Anyone? ^^^^^^^^^^^

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2016, 04:07:24 am »
Anyone? ^^^^^^^^^^^
Join IRC so people can help you troubleshoot. Also - when using Filezilla - don't forget to change the transfer type to binary.

Mar8

« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2016, 05:57:32 pm »
Anyone? ^^^^^^^^^^^
Join IRC so people can help you troubleshoot. Also - when using Filezilla - don't forget to change the transfer type to binary.
Honestly, I thought that binary was a default setting with the newest fileZilla (especially since I was able to get 5 different PSX games up and running)? But today I will go on and make sure.
Thank you @Surkow

The only thing I could think is that maybe some of these file transfers are timing out, causing corrupt files. I'm really hoping it's something simple like that and that this solves it. It's very confusing to get some games working and others not at all. Thank you again.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »
Mar,

I believe your issue has to do with internet settings via OpenDingux. One of the apps on the newest firmware should be present, allowing you to input 'host' and 'password'... i recall you had to input both of those pieces of information via Filezilla. I used to do it all the time when I had the zero & a mac at the time.

Google the issue, im sure you will find your answer.

Mar8

« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2016, 12:52:41 am »
Mar,

I believe your issue has to do with internet settings via OpenDingux. One of the apps on the newest firmware should be present, allowing you to input 'host' and 'password'... i recall you had to input both of those pieces of information via Filezilla. I used to do it all the time when I had the zero & a mac at the time.

Google the issue, im sure you will find your answer.
Thank you for the reply. I have the newest firmware update on my GCW zero.  I'm able to input the host as 10.1.1.2 leaving the rest anonymous and blank, this allows me to connect. Like I mentioned, I've been able to get five psx games transferred and working, but some just not at all...One's that people say work fine. Which is very confusing/Frustrating.

Games working for me:
-SOTN
-THPS2
-MegaManX 4 & 5
-007 world is not enough

Games NOT working for me:
-007  tomorrow never dies: major graphical errors upon first mission
-THPS:  this one actually works, but still has the issues mentioned before from someone else, stating no words or characters show up in the main first menus. I erased my old OPK, rebooted, retransfer the new OPK, rebooted? And still have these problems with this game. Very confusing.

- crash team racing: tried about 1 million different ROMs/file types, double check my bios are correct as well as in the correct folders, still can't get it to load past the "all rights reserved" screen, Music starts/"start your engines!"? Music stops, game hangs up on "all rights reserved".

Checked my FTP, made sure it's default was set to binary, still have these problems. That's all.  Same problems for days, it doesn't matter how many different ROMs I try/file types/ISOs/etc.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:15:11 am by Mar8 »

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2016, 01:59:58 am »
I believe the issue may still be the 'password' part. I realize that you input the host... but you must generate a password & input that next. simply inputting host without a password is not sufficient and may cause transfer issues, etc.

try generating a password, then input the password supplied by the zero underneath the host that you mentioned. that may be the answer your looking for.

;D

Nebuleon

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2016, 02:07:11 am »
I believe the issue may still be the 'password' part. I realize that you input the host... but you must generate a password & input that next. simply inputting host without a password is not sufficient and may cause transfer issues, etc.

try generating a password, then input the password supplied by the zero underneath the host that you mentioned. that may be the answer your looking for.

;D
The password is simply for security; it doesn't affect the contents of files you transfer. If the password mismatched, it would simply not allow access to transfer any files.

If FileZilla's Server (menu) / Transfer Mode is set to Binary instead of Auto or ASCII, that should in theory be all that's needed for the files to be flawless. Of course, that still leaves the possibility that a .bin or .cue file in a pair is being opened when the other should be opened, or that the BIOS is incorrect, or other things that are PCSX-related.
The Cloud is nice, but not if it decides to rain on your parade.

Mar8

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2016, 02:08:21 am »
@Nebuleon thank you Neb.  I'm in troubleshooting hell right now.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 02:09:58 am by Mar8 »

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2016, 02:11:19 am »
never hurts to try what i mentioned... thats how i used to connect to Filezilla from Macintosh and never had issues.

Senor Quack

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2016, 02:57:26 am »
THPS1 main menu doesn't work for end-users yet.. when I say the problem has been fixed, I mean that I finally got it working on my end, but no new release is ready. Crash Team Racing, even if you did have it running, has major graphical flaws (player/cart sprites disappear randomly), so what is the point? I have no idea what corruption in '007 Tomorrow Never Dies' you are experiencing, it works fine for me (only tested using NTSC USA version, and pretty briefly at that, I just ran around in the level shooting people and didn't notice any problems).

Perhaps you should focus on games that actually do work for now, and wait until a new release comes out and then maybe someone will have time to look at other things. There is already a TODO list a mile long.

Mar8

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2016, 03:20:01 am »
THPS1 main menu doesn't work for end-users yet.. when I say the problem has been fixed, I mean that I finally got it working on my end, but no new release is ready. Crash Team Racing, even if you did have it running, has major graphical flaws (player/cart sprites disappear randomly), so what is the point? I have no idea what corruption in '007 Tomorrow Never Dies' you are experiencing, it works fine for me (only tested using NTSC USA version, and pretty briefly at that, I just ran around in the level shooting people and didn't notice any problems).

Perhaps you should focus on games that actually do work for now, and wait until a new release comes out and then maybe someone will have time to look at other things. There is already a TODO list a mile long.

I'm sorry @Senor Quack ... I was under the impression that the THPS menu problem was fixed and an OPK update was already made.   The 007 thing is very confusing to me as well, and the crash team racing situation is also very frustrating. Also I was under the impression that the crash team racing game was still playable and fun, not as you just described "having major graphical flaws, so what's the point?"... I wasn't trying to wear on you or anyone else... Nor cause/create more problems.  Thank you for the reply. I will keep trouble shooting in private and patiently await your update. Thank you for all of your hard work.

@vetran  thank you for your posts/contributing words.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 03:22:26 am by Mar8 »

Reds

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2016, 05:34:15 am »
Possibly a stupid question, but will the next update reduce slowdown and performance on games suffering from it, or is it prioritising  increasing compatibility and ironing out issues in known problems for games?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:38:23 am by Reds »

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2016, 07:19:32 am »
Possibly a stupid question, but will the next update reduce slowdown and performance on games suffering from it, or is it prioritising  increasing compatibility and ironing out issues in known problems for games?
There's some work being done on gfx and compatibility fixes and that's it. What could be done for speed has been done already, no radical changes are possible.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Reds

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2016, 07:36:41 am »
There's some work being done on gfx and compatibility fixes and that's it. What could be done for speed has been done already, no radical changes are possible.

I see. A slight disappointment for some games, but overall nothing to really worry about given the emulator's otherwise impressive functionality. Is it possible to add frameskip in the future to mitigate slowdown?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:08:34 am by Reds »

Mar8

« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2016, 07:36:59 pm »
 Can anyone confirm or deny that there might be a glitch causing some games to work and others to not when transferred onto the internal SD versus external SD and/or vice versa?

Senor Quack

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2016, 09:13:36 pm »
Can anyone confirm or deny that there might be a glitch causing some games to work and others to not when transferred onto the internal SD versus external SD and/or vice versa?

One thing to watch out for is that, in my experience, writing files to internal SD is slower than writing to external SD. This increases the likelihood of an FTP transfer timing out. Be sure your FTP client's timeout setting is set higher or disabled. What I usually do is upload to the external SD and then copy the file to its final destination on the internal SD. It certainly takes longer this way, however. You can use DinguxCmdr to do the final copy from external to internal SD. I do everything from the command line, so things like this are very easy for me. It also allows me to manually call 'sync' command to make sure the write to SD has completed before going on to my next task.

Mar8

« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2016, 12:18:27 am »
@Senor Quack THANK YOU!!!
will apply this knowledge.

Unfortunately at the moment I do not have an external SD. Been meaning to order one. So this is very helpful thank you. Will continue troubleshooting.

Edit: Wipeout XL  looks and runs fantastic on the zero. In case anyone is looking for another fun racer :)

Still no luck for me with CTR :(
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 12:52:10 am by Mar8 »

Mar8

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2016, 01:19:00 am »
 Just for the heck of it I finally decided to try the Japanese version of crash team racing called crash bandicoot racing? And of course, it works.  I could barely navigate or figure out the menus since they're all in Japanese, but managed to make it to one race and it looks awesome. My type of luck.

Am I the owner of the world's only most rare prototype Japanese region locked GCW zero? 😂😂😂

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:57:35 pm by Mar8 »