Author Topic: pcsx4all 2.4 UPDATE 2017-01-05  (Read 62894 times)

TimeDevouncer

Re: pcsx4all 2.3
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2016, 04:14:17 pm »
Well, Resident Evil 2 finished (perfect!), Chrono Cross very near of the second cd (playable, with slowdowns), Policenauts with 1 hour (very well), Final Fantasy IX in CD 4 (playable with slowdowns), bufff, I love this emulator :-*

Valkyrie Profile and Echo Night doesn't works, and we need a remap options to put L2-R2 buttons (maybe in analog?) for games like Vagrant Story, but in general, excellent emulator and excellent work ;D, I'm very happy.
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

care16la20

« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »
I should expect so, Its a full 3D emulator and id imagine the hardest emulator the Zero has right now to drive
It doesn't utilize GCW Zero's GPU though, so there should be no extra battery drain.

@care16la20
Maybe it's something else draining the battery, like the wi-fi being on?

Nope, wifi is off and as a said, its weird because psx4all had the same behavior with hours of battery as the other emulators

Senor Quack

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2016, 05:16:15 pm »

Nope, wifi is off and as a said, its weird because psx4all had the same behavior with hours of battery as the other emulators

With psx4all, did you have sound enabled, along with XA and CDDA audio? If a game is streaming music from CD, as most do, it will read a lot of data from SD, which contributes to power drain. Depending on the game, one might read a lot more from 'CD' than another. However, once the data has been read once and, let's say, the music loops, it will be reading it from disk cache.

One thing I'm going to be working on that might help is adding a volume-setting to the frontend. The new SPU plugin we use has an overall volume setting that's set at 75% volume by default (PCSX Rearmed's default setting), but allowing it to be set to 100% would allow a lower volume setting on the GCW Zero's master mixer (what you control with power slider up/down).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:03:04 pm by Senor Quack »

care16la20

« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2016, 07:40:51 pm »

With psx4all, did you have sound enabled, along with XA and CDDA audio? If a game is streaming music from CD, as most do, it will read a lot of data from SD, which contributes to power drain. Depending on the game, one might read a lot more from 'CD' than another. However, once the data has been read once and, let's say, the music loops, it will be reading it from disk cache.

One thing I'm going to be working on that might help is adding a volume-setting to the frontend. The new SPU plugin we use has an overall volume setting that's set at 75% volume by default (PCSX Rearmed's default setting), but allowing it to be set to 100% would allow a lower volume setting on the GCW Zero's master mixer (what you control with power slider up/down).

Hi,

Humm, makes sense but its still strange because with psx4all the battery used to last much longer... I played FF7 and Breath of fire on it and the power lasted the same as playin an Genesis title for ex.... In PCSX4ALL m playin RoadRash that doesnt stream audio during the races.....

Quickman

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2016, 04:10:11 am »
 This is unreal! Thank you so much for your hard work guys! I finally got my bios in the correct area and started up mega Man X 4 & 5.   Looks so incredible! The best part is, I never got into PlayStation or had a chance to own one, so I have a whole new library to discover ;)

thanks again!

Jompa89

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2016, 10:40:18 pm »
Thank you so much for this release! This has revitalised my interest in the GCW Zero. I thought we would not see Playstation emulation on GCW but now it has become real.

Senor Quack

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2016, 09:37:48 pm »
Valkyrie Profile and Echo Night doesn't works

Can you describe your problem with Echo Night? I am able to play it (am using NTSC USA version of a PSP Eboot), but I don't have time to test much and I don't see any issues like crashing. Is it a controls problem?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:40:01 pm by Senor Quack »

Senor Quack

« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2016, 09:43:46 pm »
WARNING ABOUT SAVESTATES:

Save state compatibility might be broken in the next release because of large changes in GPU-plugin system. There is no guarantee I can make old savestates compatible with new changes, so I am giving everyone fair warning before any upcoming releases. Use memcards to save! I know there's only support for just two memcards, and hopefully that will improve in the future. But you should really only use savestates to get past a tough boss or to provide debug info to devs. Compatibility could break at any time.

The good news is the GPU plugin changes should fix quite a few games.

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2016, 07:51:32 am »
Valkyrie Profile and Echo Night doesn't works

Can you describe your problem with Echo Night? I am able to play it (am using NTSC USA version of a PSP Eboot), but I don't have time to test much and I don't see any issues like crashing. Is it a controls problem?

Yes, you're right, I try with another iso and now works. Thanks and sorry for my mistake ;)

The good news is the GPU plugin changes should fix quite a few games.

Amazing!!! Thanks, I can't wait to test the new release :). Maybe Xenogears works with it?  :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:54:19 am by TimeDevouncer »
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

ruffnutts

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2016, 05:39:37 pm »
Hope the next release we see Jackie Chan Stunt Master work would be awesome  ;D

Mar8

« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2016, 06:00:55 pm »
@ruffnutts  me too! Game looks so fun

@Senor Quack  when you say that the save states will be broken in the next release, do you mean just previously made save states?? Or do you mean save states are no longer A thing whatsoever in the new release?

Sorry I couldn't exactly figure out the wording. Thank you!

Senor Quack

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2016, 07:06:23 pm »
Hope the next release we see Jackie Chan Stunt Master work would be awesome  ;D

I'll keep trying, but I actually haven't had any luck yet with fixing that game. Maybe Dmitry will have some time to look at it if I can't figure anything out. I was able to fix main menu of THPS1, however.

@Senor Quack  when you say that the save states will be broken in the next release, do you mean just previously made save states?? Or do you mean save states are no longer A thing whatsoever in the new release?

I meant old savestates might not work with a new release.. Savestates will still be a feature. I think it will be possible to not break compatibility. I just wanted to post a warning that people shouldn't rely on savestates too much in general.  And, yes, Xenogears seems to be fixed but it has lingering issues with corruption of dialog-box borders. I'll have to look into that further.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:24:22 pm by Senor Quack »

Mar8

« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2016, 07:39:10 pm »
 Thank you for the clarification! That's great news!? Sad to say, I'm a sucker for save states. 😝

ruffnutts

« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2016, 07:45:47 pm »
I was able to fix main menu of THPS1

That's awesome news :)

Jackie Chan Stunt Master works on PCSX ReARMed  8)

Keep up the good work peeps ;)

Mar8

« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2016, 07:57:36 pm »
 I didn't see "Crash team racing" on the Google Drive list. I tested it and it seems to get stuck on the first screen. I'm going to try to get another version and retest before reporting back. Thanks for the awesome work!

Edit:
    Also,  has anyone tested any of the 007 games?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 12:34:53 am by Mar8 »

Mar8

« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2016, 01:33:40 am »
 OK so I can't get crash team racing to work, but I'm trying to find a bin +cue file not just bin.? Oddly enough though I will say happily that  "007 the world is not enough" DOES work as just a bin file without a cue file! Weird.
 One glitch I noticed though, is that the audio clips of information throughout the game so far  Cut off right before the last word being said: example. ? "The names bond? James ( cuts off )"

Everything else about it though looked awesome and it worked perfect

EDIT:

-007  The world is not enough : WORKS with slight audio bugs listed above
-007  tomorrow never dies : works.. until first mission, then game graphically bugs out like crazy. First person view of your feet running
-crash team racing :  couldn't get it to run past the "all rights reserved" screen.

I hope someone can get crash team racing to work! Such a fun game!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:12:31 pm by Mar8 »

Senor Quack

« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2016, 02:52:23 am »
-007  tomorrow never dies : works.. until first mission, then game graphically bugs out like crazy. First person view of your feet running

I don't have this problem. Try a US NTSC version of the game, or if you are already using one, a different CD image/version.

-crash team racing :  couldn't get it to run past the "all rights reserved" screen.

Are you sure you're using a US NTSC version? The European PAL version has subchannel copy-protection, just like many later European versions of games.. Also: are you sure you're using the Sony BIOS, not HLE?  Always use a US NTSC version unless you have a very good reason not to (i.e. you absolutely need a specific language translation). US NTSC versions usually have (U) in the CD image filename. European PAL versions (AVOID!) typically have (E) in the filename.

CTR runs fine for me, it's just that the player/cart models randomly disappear, showing just the cart's 4 wheels. One more thing on my TODO list I guess.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:58:31 am by Senor Quack »

Mar8

« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2016, 03:49:16 am »
@Senor Quack   First of all, thank you for the response! Secondly, I'm glad the game works, it's awesome!
Ok, so I tried many different ROMs/files. None seemed to go past that same screen I just described. Have you updated the OPK a few times recently?  Honestly, it might just be that. I'll revamp the emu and see what happens. Also, I always aim to use the United States/NTSC versions before anything else. So I have a feeling that it really is just the OPK since I have not re-updated. I'll try again tomorrow, but again thank you for your help/replies. I was honestly trying to report helpful information! Haha, fail. Sorry.

AtariHERO

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2016, 02:18:39 pm »

CTR runs fine for me, it's just that the player/cart models randomly disappear, showing just the cart's 4 wheels. One more thing on my TODO list I guess.
[/quote]

crash on water levels disappears too

Durrsly

« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2016, 03:49:43 pm »
Tried a few games, all with BIOs:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (USA) - Loading screens don't appear, but otherwise works perfectly.
Vib-Ribon (European) - Game works, but there is no music when using included songs. Haven't tried custom music
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 (USA) - Works, but lighting in the stages seem to be a bit off.

Post a new topic