Author Topic: pcsx4all 2.4 UPDATE 2017-01-05  (Read 62894 times)

Senor Quack

Re: pcsx4all 2.3
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2016, 09:26:34 pm »
PAGE 9 let's maybe stop filling the thread with almost an entire page of off-topic stuff. It makes it hard for people to read through the thread and find relevant information.

In other news, good progress has been made on solving the input issues Qubits had pointed out. As far as I can tell, the problem has been 100% solved. However, I don't believe he has gotten back to me when I asked whether there were any other games that exhibited input problems (stuck directionals) as severe as Cotton does. As a result, I haven't done any testing beyond just two games: Cotton & Metal Slug X.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:28:19 pm by Senor Quack »

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »
UPDATE 2016-06-15:

- Fixed root counters code (taken from pcsx_rearmed), this improved timings and made the whole emulation more accurate. As a result, input is no more getting stuck occasionally in Cotton and Metal Slug X. (senquack)

ATTENTION These changes demanded some modifications for SPU code and this may affect loading/saving state, more tests needed. Fixed at last minute by senquack. :)

Download link updated in starting post.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:56:25 pm by dmitry_smagin »
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Qubits

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2016, 10:28:13 pm »
Thanks for fixing Cotton !

Qubits

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2016, 10:49:05 pm »
PAGE 9 let's maybe stop filling the thread with almost an entire page of off-topic stuff. It makes it hard for people to read through the thread and find relevant information.

In other news, good progress has been made on solving the input issues Qubits had pointed out. As far as I can tell, the problem has been 100% solved. However, I don't believe he has gotten back to me when I asked whether there were any other games that exhibited input problems (stuck directionals) as severe as Cotton does. As a result, I haven't done any testing beyond just two games: Cotton & Metal Slug X.

You can be sure i will speak about any pcsx4all bugs just because i know it will help you guys to make it a better emulator. Compliments are ok, they make you feel good for a few seconds but then they lead you to nowhere, while objective critics helps you to improve your work.

Quickman

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2016, 01:41:07 am »
@Qubits  please refer to the "final thought" in my last post, in regards to the comment you just made. Thank you

Glad to be back on PSX! :) :)

bear

« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2016, 05:52:50 am »
thank you for update

suggestions for next updates

1.add cheatpops.db for cheat
2.change select to select botton(select+b now)
3.add more memcards and memcard manager(select which card to use)
4.fix load state bug(ie parasite eve some graphic glitches)
5.some game video playing then voice cut before conversation finished(ie super robot war alpha 's battle video)

ruffnutts

« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2016, 08:51:40 pm »
Thanks for the update Guys.... shame Jackie Chain Stuntmaster still don't work :(

Quickman

« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2016, 11:55:38 pm »
Thanks for the update Guys.... shame Jackie Chain Stuntmaster still don't work :(

I've never seen that game before! I'm not familiar with PlayStation at all, but that game looks so much fun! Excited to find more hidden gems :)

ruffnutts

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2016, 08:32:56 am »

I've never seen that game before! I'm not familiar with PlayStation at all, but that game looks so much fun! Excited to find more hidden gems :)

Yeah its a cool little game that :)

Quickman

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2016, 06:05:18 pm »
@ruffnutts  does it just not load on this emulator?
or does it not run well enough to enjoy playing?

RupeeClock

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2016, 03:29:30 am »
Got around to trying this out, and it does work very nicely!

Qubits already pointed this out, there's a little oddity to loading savestates in Castlevania Symphony of the Night.
It load it with the correct resolution output, SotN likes to switch the resolution a lot, like 640x480 for video clips, 256x240 for the actual gameplay, and some weird widescreen/letterbox resolution for the pause menu.
So you load a savestate for normal gameplay after loading the game, and you get a tiny image in the top left corner with graphical problems, but is immediately fixed by opening the pause menu because that switches the resolution.

Fixing this should be straightforward, savestates just need to capture that resolution mode and enforce it when you load the savestate.

I'd also like to request a display option. Can hardware fullscreen be implemented like in PocketSNES?
It's my understanding that this can take advantage of the GCW Zero's GPU to draw the image to fit the screen with smoothing, which would be good for all the non-4:3 resolutions.
Things like the pause menu for SotN can't display text properly because the image is reduced without anti-aliasing.
Alternatively, display options that do not stretch a smaller image to fill the screen, so SotN's main gameplay can be displayed 1:1 rather than being stretched wide non-uniform.

Thanks again, love the work you've done.

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2016, 01:53:28 pm »
This emu is amazing ;D. Thanks!!!

I'm playing Resident Evil 2 and works perfect! Now i'm with Final Fantasy IX & Vagrant Story and runs well too, amazing :o :-*

Anyone can run Policenauts? I can't play this and Valkyrie Profile (Policenauts black screen, and VP freezes afer few minutes).

EDIT

I try with another ISO and now Policenauts works, this is a dream, psx in my Zero :-*.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:37:18 pm by TimeDevouncer »
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Reds

« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2016, 03:47:34 am »
Despite it being on the list of compatible games, I've been having trouble running Medievil. It crashes on the first screen with the spider on it.

Any advice?

Also tried Legend of Mana, it crashes right after you place the first house on the map.

Senor Quack

« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2016, 10:47:57 am »
Despite it being on the list of compatible games, I've been having trouble running Medievil. It crashes on the first screen with the spider on it.

Are you sure you're using a scph1001.bin BIOS and not HLE emulated BIOS? HLE only works on a few games, you should always use scph1001.bin BIOS. If it still doesn't work, try another CD image, preferrably a NTSC US one. Perhaps your CD image is corrupted?

Also tried Legend of Mana, it crashes right after you place the first house on the map.

I haven't tried Legend of Mana yet, but if it still doesn't work with scph1001.bin BIOS, it'll have to wait until one of us has time to check it. I'm busy improving GPU compatibility at the moment.

Reds

« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2016, 11:29:13 am »

Are you sure you're using a scph1001.bin BIOS and not HLE emulated BIOS? HLE only works on a few games, you should always use scph1001.bin BIOS. If it still doesn't work, try another CD image, preferrably a NTSC US one. Perhaps your CD image is corrupted?

I haven't tried Legend of Mana yet, but if it still doesn't work with scph1001.bin BIOS, it'll have to wait until one of us has time to check it. I'm busy improving GPU compatibility at the moment.

As it turns out, I didn't put scph1001.bin in like I thought I had because I'm a moron. Legend of Mana and Medievil work fine now that I fixed that, sorry for falsely reporting a problem.

I'm really impressed with how the emulator has come along, I'm really looking forward to further optimisation to smooth out the slowdown in 3d games. Is remapping controls planned for the near future, or is that a low priority? Being able to map L2/R2 to the analog nub would be very useful for playing games like Armoured Core.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:35:16 am by Reds »

iball

« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2016, 02:15:11 am »
Add Jumping Flash 2! (U) to the list of works but not with HLE, only with scph1001.bin.

A game I played the heck out of in the barracks years ago until I beat it.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2016, 03:44:04 am »
Add Jumping Flash 2! (U) to the list of works but not with HLE, only with scph1001.bin.

A game I played the heck out of in the barracks years ago until I beat it.
Feel free to edit the google docs file! It's not read only. Mistakes can be reverted.

care16la20

« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2016, 01:39:45 pm »
Hi

Its just me or did somebody noticed that this emu drains battery real fast? Im pretty sure its not like this with other emus/stuff and wasnt with psx4all

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2016, 03:05:05 pm »
I should expect so, Its a full 3D emulator and id imagine the hardest emulator the Zero has right now to drive

zear

« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »
I should expect so, Its a full 3D emulator and id imagine the hardest emulator the Zero has right now to drive
It doesn't utilize GCW Zero's GPU though, so there should be no extra battery drain.

@care16la20
Maybe it's something else draining the battery, like the wi-fi being on?

Post a new topic