Author Topic: pcsx4all 2.4 UPDATE 2017-01-05  (Read 62852 times)

Greetdeath

Re: pcsx4all 2.3
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 04:39:37 pm »
runs like a dream, really impressive work guys

btw, i don't know if it's just me but the select button isn't working

zear

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 05:31:08 pm »
btw, i don't know if it's just me but the select button isn't working

You haven't read the release post, have you?
In-game key mappings
PSX button - GCW Zero button(s)
Select      Select + B

8-Brit Generation

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 05:42:21 pm »
Having some issues with the games that previously worked!

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190313114134/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGpbiSvb96E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGpbiSvb96E</a>

Needs to have the analog support or in place of the D Pad and a way to save settings.

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »
@wingedmerchantgaming

Just tested Crash Bandicoot (U) SCUS-94900 and it works both with HLE and scph1001.bin (have you placed it in /media/home/.pcsx4all/bios ?)
However, Driver (U) SLUS-00842 works with scph1001.bin only

I updated opk several times today, please redownload.

EDIT:
Ok, re-uploaded opk again. Just to be clear with changes so far in comparison with initial update:
- improved HLE, many games started working (GTA2, Einhander, Strider 2 etc)
- G. Darius is now working (mips recompiler)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:03:18 pm by dmitry_smagin »
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

zear

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 07:14:44 pm »
and a way to save settings.
It does save settings. I worked on that feature personally.

Watching your video and your issues mentioned there, it's possible you have a corrupted filesystem that prevents you from reading/writing certain files.
Are any other games/emulators able to store data?

Edit:
Also, a protip for everyone trying the emulator. If the game is having bad framerate, try disabling the "Audio sync" option. This speeds up the framerate, but if the game ran ok already it might make it run actually too fast.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:28:05 pm by zear »

Quickman

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 08:19:04 pm »
 Thanks for the video @wingedmerchantgaming !  It's insane how well Castlevania runs!  :o
 Hopefully we can figure out how to load those other roms and get them running just as fast/smooth :)
 The music sounded amazing

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

8-Brit Generation

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 09:11:17 pm »
@zear @dmitry_smagin

Hi Guys, I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work you have put into this emulator. I have another update video coming tomorrow. It seems that I had to remove the original opk. (I tried to install the updated opk by overwriting and it didn't overwrite the original install)

I have now managed to install the opk that has been updated several times today by dimtry and all is well. I have even tried games like Dino Crisis 2 which work flawlessly.

I will upload another video tomorrow to explain what happened and will show off more games!

Settings are seeming to save too.

DRIVER still hangs on checking memory card

Any planned incrementation of the analog stick and rumble? Would be great for rally games and for my ears  ;)

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 10:03:12 pm »
@zear @dmitry_smagin
Settings are seeming to save too.

DRIVER still hangs on checking memory card
This is true if HLE is used. When using scph1001.bin, the game runs fine. Please, read first post and copy bios file to proper place (Use DinguxCommander for simplicity). If emulator doesn't find bios file, it reverts to bios HLE emulation.

kaio

• All about GCW-Zero on Russian + Repo
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 07:55:54 am »
Add a build numder or build date string in main menu please.  ;)
GCW-Zero | JXD S602

thefifthgiant

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:44 pm »
Add a build numder or build date string in main menu please.  ;)
I second this

This release is really impressive, good job everyone. I got a chance to try it very briefly last night, just to test some games, but everything I tried ran pretty well on the first try with the default settings. This weekend I will actually get further into playing some games.  ;)

Oh, and I can confirm that driver is working with the bios as well.

toto

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »
Guy, so far, wich game is running fine?

t-link

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »
i played with FF7  & Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

perfect and smooth !!!

THX  dmitry_smagin !!!

great job !!!

Aeter

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 05:53:43 pm »
Guy, so far, wich game is running fine?
I'm gonna go out and say a boatload.
Try it out and see for yourself.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Quickman

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2016, 12:41:55 am »
 Just saw this, thanks for the update  @wingedmerchantgaming

https://youtu.be/nMMJnjaRSSo

Senor Quack

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 02:28:51 am »
This is to address the issues I observed in the new video posted by @wingedmerchantgaming.

First off, get yourself to a car parts store and get a cheap little packet of silicone grease, they sell them at the counter and usually are called 'Spark Plug Boot Grease' here in the US, or also it can be called 'Dielectric Grease'. One packet is more than enough for 1000+ applications to your DPAD/buttons. Use a toothpick to dab a small amount around all the edges of the DPAD, work the DPAD to get it in there and wipe off the excess. Your DPAD will loosen up with time and not squeak as much. Reapply occasionally.

The game Driver (E) [SLES-01816] should work fine, it loads and seems to work just fine for me, using the scph1001.bin ROM. If you use HLE emulated BIOS, it will hang on initial screen but this does not seem to be your issue.  I suspect that either @wingedmerchantgaming has a corrupted .BIN of Driver, or that his memcards in ~/.pcsx4all/memcards/ got corrupted somehow, as your game seems to hang when accessing memcards. You could try removing or renaming the files in ~/.pcsx4all/memcards/ so new memcard images will be created, but all saves will be lost if you delete them.  The md5sum for my .BIN of Driver is 9d77cf2610e29c4ada694784275cef5e  if you want to compare the integrity of your binary against mine.

If you own them, and are a native English speaker, I would suggest you use NTSC (U) versions of games, as their framerate and vertical resolution exactly matches that of our device. An additional benefit is more games will work without needing to provide .SBI/.sub subchannel files to bypass the copy protection of many later European PAL games.

As for your issues you had after swapping the SD card, I cannot help you as much as I do not use the OpkManager program. The problem seems to be that you initially installed the .OPK to your external SD card, so of course it no longer can be used once you swap the SD for another. Then, I believe you never inserted the first SD card back into the device while attempting to correct the issue. You should focus on sorting this out and I recommend you do not install emulator OPKs to external SD cards to avoid these issues. Insert the SD card you originally installed the OPK to, and uninstall it through OpkManager. Then reboot, and once you are sure it is uninstalled from any and all memory devices, install the pcsx4all OPK to your internal NAND memory and keep it there.

If you want to improve sound fidelity, referring to your mention of sound in Dino Crisis, you could try setting Interpolation to 'simple', as that has minimal impact on performance and actually sounds the best to me. Or, play with a decent set of headphones when doing personal gaming as the speakers aren't exactly hi-fidelity.

For issue of settings not being saved, the emu does not save the settings until the emulator is exited through main menu. This is not ideal, because if a game hangs like Driver did and you use Power+Select to exit you will not see the settings have been saved next time around. So, that is a real issue.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:34:32 am by Senor Quack »

finalmix

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2016, 04:53:11 am »
Thanks !

通过我的 SM-G9300 上的 Tapatalk发言

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2016, 07:08:56 am »
UPDATE 2016-06-03:
- Build date and time are now displayed in menu
- [HLE] Fixed malloc(), Burning Road doesn't crash and works fine;
- [HLE] More checks for errors in malloc(); Need for Speed 2 doesn't crash but gets stuck on loading screen

kaio

• All about GCW-Zero on Russian + Repo
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 07:30:57 am »
Perfect!
Add also a manual inside the opk with info about: Quick start, Settings menu, In-game key mappings, In-game menu, File types supported from the first post, please.
GCW-Zero | JXD S602

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 01:31:30 pm »
Whaaat? Really? Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming :-* :'(

Thanks guys, thank you so much!!!!
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

care16la20

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »
Great release !!

Few considerations:

- There is a flickering bar on the bottom sometimes on some games that seems to show part of the menu
- In Need For Speed 1 none of the controls respond... Still have to try Euro version to see if there is any difference
- Euro compatibility is different... For ex. FadeToBlack USA dont work but EURO works
- High advise to use Impaler to make the eboot images since they are smaller in space... Around 50% less depending on the game..
- The memcard manager can be acessed by simply loading an bios file and thats great

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:03:11 pm by care16la20 »