• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OhBoy  (Read 81412 times)

hi-ban (OP)

Re: OhBoy
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 07:44:10 am »
Where can I get more border images? Can't seem to find any through Google. Is there a good website for them? And would it be possible to program Ohboy to recognize the roms and auto display the appropriate Super GameBoy border?

You must make the borders yourself. I already made 23 "sample" borders, enough for taking a look at them and understanding how they are made.

Note: in the next release i will support borders in PNG format aswell as BMP.

This emulator does not support Super Gameboy mode. Only DMG (monochrome) and GBC. If you want a Super Gameboy border you will have to make the border as a BMP or PNG image and load it.

Pliskron

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »
Why GBC BIOS? The emu already runs GBC games...
You're kidding right? The GBC BIOS has all the color palates for the Game Boy monochrome games. With the BIOS you can play great games like Donkey Kong, Trip World, and Kid Dracula with the real color palates and they look a lot better. The GB emulator for the DSi gameyob implemented the GBC BIOS and it's pretty awesome. I recommend checking it out.   

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »
You can do the color palettes yourself. The current version allows you to create your own custom color palettes.
I still have the color codes of the GBC palettes, i will make those palettes and add them to the palette pack soon.

I will also post a tutorial on how to make your own palettes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:17:37 pm by hi-ban »

Burb

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 11:27:49 pm »
This is a lovely GB emulator hi-ban, really love the borders and palettes and the menu is nice. brings back those memories of playing on the real thing. :)

Just played through mega man v from start to finish with one of the blue palettes. Awesome.

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 01:53:53 am »
New version available (20130825), and new border pack. Links in first post.

SuperMarcoVer

OhBoy
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 11:41:40 am »
Thank you! Having lots of fun with this emulator.
What is changed compaired to the other build?

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 11:45:16 am »
Thank you! Having lots of fun with this emulator.
What is changed compaired to the other build?

In first post, under "New Features". Those are the changes from the previous build.

SuperMarcoVer

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 11:46:46 am »
Ah sorry, i didn't look at the first post. Thank you.

iames85

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »
Hi guys. I am having some problems trying to get the palettes and borders to work. I am using FlashFXP and I have tried storing the files under e.g.  /data/local/home/.config/ohboy/palettes don't know if this is right as I cant seem to find them on my GCW 0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Hylian

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »
I have one folder for the palettes and one folder for the borders stored under /data/local/home/.ohboy and they are working just fine for me.

iames85

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 09:36:02 pm »
Worked out the problem, I forgot to restart my handheld...  :-[

segakiki

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 04:28:48 pm »
Does anyone else have an issue with the sound in Gameboy games?
I get slight crackling sound in a few games like adventure island 2 for example.
I only really noticed it the other day when using headphones.

zephyrus

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 06:15:22 pm »
Same problem here. Also sometimes the dpad goes crazy like there's a sticky button though there isn't.

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 07:34:33 pm »
maybe it can be some problem with audio sync?

Try setting the frameskip to Auto or Off and see if one of those options fixes the sound problem.

segakiki

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »
I have just tested adventure island 2 with frameskip set to auto and off, the crackling sound is still there.

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »
Sound in gnuboy is not the most accurate one. Plus, my programming skills are not good enough to be able to fix that.
For accuracy in GB emulation, i recommend using Gambatte. I've tried it and the sound quality is awesome.

segakiki

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 08:24:48 pm »
Sound in gnuboy is not the most accurate one. Plus, my programming skills are not good enough to be able to fix that.
For accuracy in GB emulation, i recommend using Gambatte. I've tried it and the sound quality is awesome.
Don't put yourself down, your an amazing programmer!!
The sound is not even that much of an issue!
I've been using OhBoy for a couple of weeks now and only noticed it  when using my headphones the other night.

segakiki

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »
I've just tried Gambatte and the sound is good, is there any way to change the palettes like ohBoy?

opt2not

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 08:34:27 pm »
I haven't had any issues with Ohboy. I've only played a handful of titles though, but so far so good!

Could the audio sync be something to do with the external microSD access time?  I haven't used the external drive yet, everything is on the internal one for me.

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »
I've tried one of those games, and i think it's not a sync problem. For the way the cracks sound, it seems to be more like a sound quality issue.

So until someone with enough skills fixes it in the gnuboy code, i'm afraid we will have to live with that issue.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic