• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OhBoy  (Read 86121 times)

Prot0man

Re: OhBoy
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2014, 12:47:50 am »
Greetings, I have a quick question about this emulator.

Is it possible to set a shortcut for increasing speed/fast-forwarding in-game?

shawnrob

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2014, 05:50:26 pm »
Pushing the power slider in any direction won't bring any menu up. Someone else has this problem? I cannot access my savegames.

I agree that it would be great to be able to customize the menu button in the options.

In any case, thanks for this wonderful emu!

Yes. I can't get the power slider to bring up the menu either. I had to set up the quick quit option to exit out of the emulator.

Gab1975

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2014, 06:04:32 pm »
@shawnrob: if you have installed a firmware version older than "2014-05-05" you can't use the powerslider as a "specific button"... you can find the firmwares here ! ;)

PS: In any case, an alternative combo/button to enter in the menu it would be very appreciated ! :P :)

bahsura

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2014, 10:41:30 pm »
PS: In any case, an alternative combo/button to enter in the menu it would be very appreciated ! :P :)

Agree, I save and load states like ten times per minute in some games (I?m that bad) and I?m worried about destroying the power slider in the process. The L + R buttons to bring out the menu were excellent!

Nevertheless, thanks for the amazing work. This emulator is awesome and it just keeps getting better and better!

Btw, I wonder about these features too:

is it possible to bind to the L and R the load/save state buttons?

Is it possible to set a shortcut for increasing speed/fast-forwarding in-game?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:01:58 pm by bahsura »

CSX

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2014, 06:23:06 pm »
Please see this thread: http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/adding-rom-shortcuts-to-the-homescreen

Would it be possible to add support of path to ROM in command line, so we can create shortcuts to certain games?

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2014, 09:37:56 am »
I was wondering if we was going to see hardware image scaling added to OhBoy

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2014, 10:11:57 pm »
I was wondering if we was going to see hardware image scaling added to OhBoy

I would like to implement that, but i'm not really sure if border images can be used along with hardware scaling.
I may look into that in the future anyway.

Nebuleon

« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2014, 05:33:56 am »
ReGBA deals with hardware scaling by requesting the resolution of the screen and nothing more, disabling its border.

PocketSNES, as you know (since you coded part of that!), can re-request 256x224 or 256x239 during a game. But nothing more.

In the case of the Game Boy, you could request 160x144, let the user stretch or unstretch that with Power+A, and re-request the Super Game Boy resolution if the game submits a SGB border packet. If there is no OnSGBBorder hook in the emulator or the port files, you can just request 160x144, or higher if the user has selected a border.

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »
Here is a test build, the main changes are the following:

-Added support for hardware scaling. There are three different hardware scalers, in addition of the ones which already existed.
-Added the option to bind keys to "Quick Save" and "Quick Load" actions. Note that quick save/load will always use state slot 0 for now.

https://app.box.com/s/6gkehrve9so3ungmtodo

The opk has "TEST" labels in its gmenu2x description, so you can have both versions of ohboy at the same time and still be able to differentiate both.

Note that there is still some bug with menu inputs which in some situations will make the menu unresponsive. I have yet to see if i can fix that. It probably has something to do with the analog, but i'm not sure.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:46:03 pm by hi-ban »

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2014, 02:25:41 pm »
Will grab and try this out now!

Gab1975

« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2014, 02:37:47 pm »
Note that there is still some bug with menu inputs which in some situations will make the menu unresponsive. I have yet to see if i can fix that. It probably has something to do with the analog, but i'm not sure.

Thanks for the update! :)
Yes, sometimes, when you enter in the OhBoy menu, it remains unresponsive for about 5-6 seconds...

PS: I'm sorry if I'm insistent, but can you add an alternative combo/button to enter in the OhBoy menu? You could add it as an optional function in the controls sub-menu; e.g. > select+start to open the menu: enable/disable

ker

« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

Thanks for the update! :)
Yes, sometimes, when you enter in the OhBoy menu, it remains unresponsive for about 5-6 seconds...

PS: I'm sorry if I'm insistent, but can you add an alternative combo/button to enter in the OhBoy menu? You could add it as an optional function in the controls sub-menu; e.g. > select+start to open the menu: enable/disable

I've been playing OhBoy roms last weeks. I've just experienced menu unresponsive menu the 2nd time you access menu. On first launch, menu is always responsive. You select a rom and everything is ok, but if you try to enter menu again it remains unresponsive for 2 or 3 seconds (even if you don't touch analog stick). If you return to game and try to enter menu again everything works fine (for me)

It would be very very nice to have an alternative menu combo as Gab1975 requests +1

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2014, 07:45:28 pm »
New test build:

- Added an option to enable an alternate menu combo (Select + Start). You can find it under the "Controls" menu.

"Power Flick" menu key will always be available, no matter what you set this option to.
I made it optional because some games might use select+start to perform some actions, so that way it can be disabled if it interferes with the game. The option is disabled by default, so you must enable it if you want to use it.

https://app.box.com/s/22t7o6vyhfi16wbib7me

Still no fix for the menu responsiveness issue, that's why this releases are not official.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:53:39 pm by hi-ban »

Gab1975

« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2014, 08:23:39 pm »
- Added an option to enable an alternate menu combo (Select + Start). You can find it under the "Controls" menu.

Thanks a lot for the update! :)

PS: I enabled the "alt menu combo" and I noticed that OhBoy menu was no more unresponsive (I tried to enter in the menu several times)... it's perhaps a "happy coincidence"...

ker

« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »

Thanks a lot for the update! :)

PS: I enabled the "alt menu combo" and I noticed that OhBoy menu was no more unresponsive (I tried to enter in the menu several times)... it's perhaps a "happy coincidence"...

I can confirm it. Menu is totally responsive when opened with alternate menu combo. In this build it's still unresponsive first time you enter to menu with power slider.

Thank very much for this update!!

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2014, 10:39:10 pm »
New test version:

- Fixed the unresponsiveness issue (Thanks Nebuleon)
- Added an option to disable the analog input. (could be handy if your analog breaks or starts acting weird)

https://app.box.com/s/71jm3bscsbghke2q644l

If no one reports any issues with the new features, i will make an official release from this one.

alyinsanfran

« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2014, 04:26:20 am »
I've been away from my Zero for several weeks, so I've got a day of updating to look forward to, but I'd like to say a giant thank you for making the analog nub disableable (is that a word - disableable? Should be...). Considering I've never used the bloody thing it sure does annoy me .

Gab1975

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2014, 07:11:22 am »
New test version:

- Fixed the unresponsiveness issue (Thanks Nebuleon)
- Added an option to disable the analog input. (could be handy if your analog breaks or starts acting weird)

https://app.box.com/s/71jm3bscsbghke2q644l

If no one reports any issues with the new features, i will make an official release from this one.

I made a test... now only the first time that you go back in the menu from a game (only for the first game/ROM loaded) there is a little initial latency in the controls (just one second)*... and this "little issue" appears only if you use the powerslider (with select+start combo it's all right)... for everything else your release works very well! :)

* I tried with analog input "enabled" and "disabled"...

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2014, 08:44:37 am »
Yea personally speaking I much preferred the Start+Select combo

Otherwise im having a blast on it, so far I have not seen any regressions in performance or usage

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2014, 11:09:37 am »
Pressing the power button calls exactly the same instructions as pressing select+start, so i think that split-second delay which seems to be there sometimes, "might" be caused by the power daemon. I will investigate this, anyway.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:01:32 pm by hi-ban »