• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OhBoy  (Read 84763 times)

hi-ban (OP)

Re: OhBoy
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »
I found a bug: when you have scaling previously set to Scale3x+Sample.75x, quit the emulator, then reopen it and start a game, the colors are distorted.
If you go into settings, then hit "apply", the correct colors will be displayed again. I've found it only happens when you already have the scaler set when you start OhBoy and affects both gb and gbc games.

Which version of the emulator are you using? I recall fixing that bug in version 20140421...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:49:32 pm by hi-ban »

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »
Ok, i updated Ohboy. Links etc are in the first post.

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2014, 09:01:33 pm »
Bug is fixed, thanks!
I was using OhBoy_20130917.opk, I must have picked up an older version from the Google drive opk repo or something.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:25 pm »
Ok, i updated Ohboy. Links etc are in the first post.

thanks but this new update, its required to use the power slider to go to the options menu?  not a good choice i would say.  also,  so far the screen froze when switched to the options menu a handful of times

Xaijiqq

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:23 pm »
on a side note the High Contrast palette looks slick imo.  there was six additional palettes, was this just uploaded today?  either way, those are nice additions!  nice work :)

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2014, 12:28:54 am »
thanks but this new update, its required to use the power slider to go to the options menu?  not a good choice i would say.  also,  so far the screen froze when switched to the options menu a handful of times

The power slider is the new standard. Also, now the L/R buttons are now free for binding them to other things.
Never had such a screen freeze problem. Is there any specific way of reproducing that bug?

on a side note the High Contrast palette looks slick imo.  there was six additional palettes, was this just uploaded today?  either way, those are nice additions!  nice work :)

Yes, i updated the palette pack today.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:31:16 am by hi-ban »

Gab1975

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2014, 06:35:49 am »
The power slider is the new standard. Also, now the L/R buttons are now free for binding them to other things.

Thanks for the update! :)

I agree with Xaijiqq... I would prevent an "overuse" of the powerslide... you could set two methods to go into menu: the first with the powerslide, the second with a buttons combo (maybe this second method could be activated/deactivated with a specific option in the menu).

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2014, 10:10:26 am »
Cheers mate!

Love the new 1.66x scale :D

Xaijiqq

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:56 am »
it is nice!  didn't notice it before

Never had such a screen freeze problem. Is there any specific way of reproducing that bug?
wasn't the new standard: Start + Select?  i know the unified button thing hasn't been talked about in a while but i thought it was leaning to that, there was even votes on it.  as for the screen freeze problem it happened maybe 4 times but since then its been working.  a couple times when switching to menu the selection bar would move in the opposite direction and also skip on its own.  it could be that i inadvertently added thumb pressure to the dpad when using the power slider

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:30 am »
it is nice!  didn't notice it before

wasn't the new standard: Start + Select?  i know the unified button thing hasn't been talked about in a while but i thought it was leaning to that, there was even votes on it.  as for the screen freeze problem it happened maybe 4 times but since then its been working.  a couple times when switching to menu the selection bar would move in the opposite direction and also skip on its own.  it could be that i inadvertently added thumb pressure to the dpad when using the power slider
Start + Select triggers in-game events, so no.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2014, 11:52:26 am »
ah yes, i did overlook that fact.  there has to be a better alternative

Gab1975

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2014, 11:57:35 am »
ah yes, i did overlook that fact.  there has to be a better alternative

IMHO a combo of three buttons (e.g. L+R+start, like in FBA) shouldn't be bad... ;)

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2014, 12:37:32 pm »
Or maybe analog in a direction could work

Xaijiqq

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2014, 01:53:16 pm »
IMHO a combo of three buttons (e.g. L+R+start, like in FBA) shouldn't be bad... ;)

well there we go :P i certainly don't mind using this combination.  any objections?  so it will also be the same just like on mame which is what i'm on half the time anyways

finalmix

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2014, 06:28:46 pm »
Download link said that: "This shared file or folder link has been removed." :(

Gab1975

« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2014, 07:28:46 pm »
Download link said that: "This shared file or folder link has been removed." :(

The link in the first post is fully operative ( https://app.box.com/s/rd1s7034t2sqxdosfwyd ) ... I tried to download the opk a moment ago.

gustavolatil

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2014, 12:42:05 am »
is it possible to bind to the L and R the load/save state buttons?

Moolligan

« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2014, 12:03:29 am »

Pushing the power slider in any direction won't bring any menu up. Someone else has this problem? I cannot access my savegames.

I agree that it would be great to be able to customize the menu button in the options.

In any case, thanks for this wonderful emu!

gustavolatil

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2014, 01:08:21 am »
dude, update your firmware
http://www.gcw-zero.com/updates

Moolligan

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2014, 07:57:50 am »