• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OhBoy  (Read 80571 times)

GuyInDogSuit

Re: OhBoy
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 10:06:06 pm »
Does not happen to me. Where do you have it installed? Which build are you using? i already fixed a similar problem two builds ago. Which are the steps to reproduce that problem?

It's installed in the default place on the internal storage. I'm using the latest build, 20130917. All I did was press A on "default ROM path," scroll to usr/local/home/roms (it's already in usr/local/home when I press A) and press A, and it crashes.
"We are all searching for others whose demons play well with ours."

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2014, 10:17:12 pm »
It's installed in the default place on the internal storage. I'm using the latest build, 20130917. All I did was press A on "default ROM path," scroll to usr/local/home/roms (it's already in usr/local/home when I press A) and press A, and it crashes.

looks like Ohboy crashes if you select a directory which does not exist.
The "usr/local/home"directory does not seem to exist as a "true" directory (if you browse back to "usr", you will realise that it there is no "local" folder).

But meanwhile, you can browse to your "real" rom dir by going all way back to the root directory and browsing into /media/data/local/home/roms.

GuyInDogSuit

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2014, 10:21:21 pm »
looks like Ohboy crashes if you select a directory which does not exist.
The "usr/local/home"directory does not seem to exist as a "true" directory (if you browse back to "usr", you will realise that it there is no "local" folder).

But meanwhile, you can browse to your "real" rom dir by going all way back to the root directory and browsing into /media/data/local/home/roms.

Thank you, that worked.
"We are all searching for others whose demons play well with ours."

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »
So I don't know if this is related to the most recent OD update, but I can't seem to select any directory without OhBoy crashing.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2014, 06:36:26 pm »
Don't blame OD for everything  ;D
OhBoy was broken before.

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2014, 06:58:41 pm »
Don't blame OD for everything  ;D
OhBoy was broken before.

Gotcha...   :)  I must have just not noticed.

DPA09

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2014, 07:43:28 pm »
Great work on the pallettes Hi-Ban -  I think they look great!

surfi80

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2014, 09:35:30 pm »
you will get a next update?
play with the best? die like the rest!

http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/PS_VITA_Usuarios_EoL

Eliwood_san

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2014, 07:09:32 am »
On the next update Oh-boy can we have:

*Remap buttons and analog joystick support

*Add cheat support to the emulator

*2 player using two gcwzero,playing via WIFI

*Add Preview for the roms

*Add favorites roms or last used rom

*Emulate the cable link to use those games: Pokemon,Zelda etc

To emulate cable link i now its a bit complicated but can you please view the souce code for the TGB Dual emulator...only want to know its viable to implement on your emulator:

https://github.com/libretro/tgbdual-libretro

Nebuleon

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2014, 07:43:09 am »
On the next update Oh-boy can we have:

a) Remap buttons and b) analog joystick support

c) cheat support to the emulator

d) 2 player using two gcwzero,playing via WIFI

e) Add Preview for the roms

f) Add favorites roms or last used rom

g) Emulate the cable link to use those games: Pokemon,Zelda etc
'a' and 'b' are already there. I actually notice analog input being "supported" because my analog stick always goes up, down or left at random and it makes everything unplayable for me in OhBoy.

'd' is equivalent to 'g', because two-player play was done with the link cable, and that link cable would be emulated with WiFi.

Nebuleon

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2014, 03:38:58 am »
I want to implement the unified menu button proposal for OhBoy, but as it currently is, Makefile.gcwzero fails to build OhBoy with the following errors, using the GCW Zero toolchain, 2014-05-05, for Linux:
Code: [Select]
mipsel-linux-gcc -O3 `/usr/bin/sdl-config --cflags` -I/usr/include/ -DDINGOO_BUILD -DDINGOO_OPENDINGUX -DGCWZERO -I./gnuboy -I./gnuboy/sys/sdl  -DIS_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DALT_PATH_SEP -DOHBOY_USE_SDL_IMAGE -DGNUBOY_NO_SCREENSHOT -c gnuboy/lcd.c -o gnuboy/lcd.o
mipsel-linux-gcc -O3 `/usr/bin/sdl-config --cflags` -I/usr/include/ -DDINGOO_BUILD -DDINGOO_OPENDINGUX -DGCWZERO -I./gnuboy -I./gnuboy/sys/sdl  -DIS_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DALT_PATH_SEP -DOHBOY_USE_SDL_IMAGE -DGNUBOY_NO_SCREENSHOT -c gnuboy/refresh.c -o gnuboy/refresh.o
mipsel-linux-gcc -O3 `/usr/bin/sdl-config --cflags` -I/usr/include/ -DDINGOO_BUILD -DDINGOO_OPENDINGUX -DGCWZERO -I./gnuboy -I./gnuboy/sys/sdl  -DIS_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DALT_PATH_SEP -DOHBOY_USE_SDL_IMAGE -DGNUBOY_NO_SCREENSHOT -c gnuboy/lcdc.c -o gnuboy/lcdc.o
mipsel-linux-gcc -O3 `/usr/bin/sdl-config --cflags` -I/usr/include/ -DDINGOO_BUILD -DDINGOO_OPENDINGUX -DGCWZERO -I./gnuboy -I./gnuboy/sys/sdl  -DIS_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DALT_PATH_SEP -DOHBOY_USE_SDL_IMAGE -DGNUBOY_NO_SCREENSHOT -c gnuboy/palette.c -o gnuboy/palette.o
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:24:0,
                 from gnuboy/lcdc.c:1:
/usr/include/features.h:398:23: fatal error: gnu/stubs.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gnu/stubs.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
In file included from /usr/include/string.h:25:0,
                 from gnuboy/lcd.c:1:
/usr/include/features.h:398:23: fatal error: gnu/stubs.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gnu/stubs.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [gnuboy/lcdc.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:27:0,
                 from gnuboy/gnuboy.h:76,
                 from gnuboy/refresh.c:1:
 #include <gnu/stubs.h>
                       ^
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:24:0,
                 from gnuboy/palette.c:1:
 #include <gnu/stubs.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
compilation terminated.
make: *** [gnuboy/lcd.o] Error 1
make: *** [gnuboy/refresh.o] Error 1
make: *** [gnuboy/palette.o] Error 1

Eliwood_san

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 05:00:25 am »
Thanks nebuleon to understand my bad english language xDDD so ok never tought the OhBoy has a remap button implemented but the others things... well only in my dreams can see this feature to multiplayer games on any emulator :(

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2014, 10:45:02 am »
Nebuleon, the Makefile.gcwzero works for the Cygwin toolchain (for windows). However, never tried in linux.

Maybe you have to change the lines 13-19 in makefile.gcwzero to your convenience?

By the way, i added two more commits to https://github.com/hi-ban/ohboy

Yes, there seems to be some analog input happening, i don't know how it has ended up there, i dont remember it being there previously. Maybe it has something to do with the new firmwares?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:48:02 am by hi-ban »

Awakened

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2014, 06:41:08 pm »
Wouldn't the Start+Select combo to open the menu conflict with Link's Awakening's method of battery saving (Start+Select+A+B to get to the save screen)?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »
Yes.... Same problem with the Oracle games.

Nebuleon

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2014, 07:51:18 pm »
Uh oh. I suppose you could keep Power then. Start+Select breaking games is a very good reason not to use Start+Select in addition to Power.

edit: We should probably continue the unified menu button thread, after #32.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:11:44 pm by Nebuleon »

Game Dude

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2014, 02:14:48 am »
I have a problem with running Metal Gear Solid for GBC on OhBoy. The game crashes if I try to use an elevator. I am able to go inside the first elevator in the game, but the game crashes when I try to make the elevator go up.
I am using the US version of the game.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2014, 04:25:21 am »
i've tried a few different rom versions of metal gear gbc and it always crashes at the elevator.  forget what the explanation was over the issue.  someone here knows :D

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:51 pm »
Since we're discussing updates, I'd like to second Pliskron's request for GBC BIOS support.

Yes, I know OhBoy lets you use custom palettes, but the GBC BIOS recognizes 90 or so monochrome GB games and automatically loads built-in custom palettes for them.

I think it would be a nice feature, having a custom palette automatically load without having to fiddle with the menu, even if it only affects around 15% of games for the original GameBoy.  :D
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Xaijiqq

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:38 pm »
would something like bios support allow for gb/gbc boot logo screens when starting games?  bgb has something similar when adding the GBbootrom.gb and I think GBCbios.bin files.  it'd be a nice option to have especially the gb logo screen  :)