• RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OhBoy  (Read 84043 times)

hi-ban (OP)

Re: OhBoy
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:14 am »
Downloaded the newest version but it doesn't work. It keeps crashing every time I try to load a game.  :(

could you describe your problem better? does it crash when executing the emulator? when opening the rom browser? when selecting a rom to load? after selecting a rom? does it happen with all games? did you try to reset the rom dir in the options? did you try deleting the config files in $home/.ohboy/?

Gab1975

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2014, 06:50:08 am »
Yes the firmware is up to date with the 2014-08-20 release. And I've read that if you load the games from the internal memory instead of the SD card it will work correctly. Unfortunately, this did not work.

As hi-ban wrote, you can try to delete the config files... in any case, hereunder a link to the previous version (september 2014):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/sgzke4

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:09 am »
Anyway, as i'm seeing that the rom browser causes too many problems, i will disable it in the next release and use gmenu2x browser instead.

Anubis

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2014, 02:44:04 pm »
Anyway, as i'm seeing that the rom browser causes too many problems, i will disable it in the next release and use gmenu2x browser instead.

Could you please also include an argument with the ROM path to the entry point so we use shortcuts since you're changing it to the gmenu2x browser? I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love that (I know I would).

Nebuleon

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »

Could you please also include an argument with the ROM path to the entry point so we use shortcuts since you're changing it to the gmenu2x browser? I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love that (I know I would).
If hi-ban changes his port of OhBoy to use gmenu2x's file browser, then that means it will need to work with file names provided as arguments. It will then necessarily work as described in the ROM shortcut thread. ;)

AskaLangly

« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2014, 02:21:35 am »
How is it that I can get OhBoy's browser to work 100% of the time? My ROMs are on the external, and is saved there.
If internal, try /media/data/local/home.

shawnrob

« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2014, 01:12:57 pm »
Downloaded the newest version but it doesn't work. It keeps crashing every time I try to load a game.  :(

could you describe your problem better? does it crash when executing the emulator? when opening the rom browser? when selecting a rom to load? after selecting a rom? does it happen with all games? did you try to reset the rom dir in the options? did you try deleting the config files in $home/.ohboy/?

Yes it crashes after I select a ROM to load and it's happened with every game. I reset the ROM directory to both the internal memory and my SD card and both crash. I also tried to delete the config files... still doesn't work.

Thanks Gab for the previous version. 

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2014, 03:08:32 pm »
Yes it crashes after I select a ROM to load and it's happened with every game. I reset the ROM directory to both the internal memory and my SD card and both crash. I also tried to delete the config files... still doesn't work.

wait, so you are saying you hit "Load ROM", you successfully browse to your desired rom, you select that rom, and then it crashes in the loading process?

CSX

« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2014, 03:59:47 pm »

+1 Would really appreciate it. Thanks for all the work you've done!

hi-ban (OP)

« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2014, 12:11:30 am »
Updated the first post with new version.

Eliwood_san

« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2014, 12:34:31 am »
Updated the first post with new version.
Thanks hi ban for your hard work :)

Nebuleon

« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2014, 03:15:32 am »
Just in time, because the November build also started exiting abnormally for me. I don't know if it was crashing or just going to a proper "quit" state at the wrong time, though.

This was after I had cleaned my previously-defined, but not moved or deleted, ROM directory of games I didn't like. Presumably the saved index fell out of bounds.

Hooray for the gmenu2x browser ;D

animeboy1488

« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2015, 10:07:41 pm »
guys how can i get in ohboy full screen.

computerguy

« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2015, 10:24:30 pm »
Quote from Senor Quack "If you are running the latest firmware (8-20-2014), this is probably because the hardware scaler is now supported and has two different modes: Keep-Aspect-Ratio and Stretch-to-Screen:  Press Power-Slider + A and it will switch between the two modes, as described under "Button Combinations" here in the quick-start guide:  http://wiki.surkow.com/Quick_Start_Guide

Some programs/emulators give you the option of saving this selection as a setting, others make you press Power+A each the time video mode changes."

Phaser Rave

• http://phaserrave.deviantart.com/
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »
I'm trying to save a game using the game's save (not save state) in OhBoy, but it doesn't appear to produce a save file. Has anyone else encountered this?

Edit: After a few different tries, it somehow worked. No idea what I did, if anything.

Edit2: Now it's not working. Seems to work when it pleases.

If I save the game, then exit the emulator with GCW's Power+Select or when I power off the system, it seems to delete or not recognize the save on the next load. If I save the game, then through the emulator's menu reset the game, it will remember the save.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:36:51 am by Phaser Rave »
Remember, remember the fifth of Movember. The moustache season and beard. I know of no reason why the moustache season should ever be sheared.

Aeter

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2016, 03:19:10 pm »
Yes, I believe you need to exit the emulator for the save to be written to SD.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Fluxchar

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2016, 01:37:20 am »
will gameshark emu work with this

Qubits

« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08:27 pm »
Here is a border i've made using the background menu of Ohboy, you can download it here : https://www.sendspace.com/file/cd6trs

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:24:02 pm by Qubits »

Qubits

« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2016, 06:28:17 am »
I've got a question : How do you change the clock speed ? when i go in " Main Settings " and press down, it skips the clock speed & rom path lines and goes from " show fps " to state sram... And is it on NTSC by default or Pal ?

Aeter

« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2016, 01:40:10 pm »
I've got a question : How do you change the clock speed ? when i go in " Main Settings " and press down, it skips the clock speed & rom path lines and goes from " show fps " to state sram... And is it on NTSC by default or Pal ?
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/regba-gba-emulator-(alpha-1)/msg143590/#msg143590
~cucullus non facit monachum~