"Far below the surface of the planet is a secret. A place of limitless power.
Those that seek to control such a utopia will soon bring an end to themselves."
MERITOUS is a top-view dungeon crawl action/adventure game.
As MERIT, a PSI user, your task is to investigate the Orcus Dome, an ancient underground shrine.
In your way are the shadowy creatures that wander the shrine. Using your PSI circuit, you must cut through any that come between you and your goal.Author(s):
Artur "zear" Rojek (additional patches by Nebuleon & David Knight)Download: https://github.com/zear/meritous/releases/download/r1/meritous_r1.opkSource code: https://github.com/zear/meritousChangelog:2015/05/16 - release #1
* Adjust the game interface to the 320x240 resolution.
* Optimize the save format (Nebuleon)
* Remove music files due to ambiguous license statusDefault controls:
* D-PAD/JOY - Move around. To walk through doors, simply walk up to them and push against them.
* A - Charge your PSI circuit.
* L - View the map (you can then use the D-PAD/JOY to scroll around the map.
* R - View the help file.
* START - Activate a trigger tile that you are standing on. START is also used for various other things, such as for reading in-game dialogue.
* SELECT - Pause/Exit the game.Bugs:
Such a vast game like Meritous is very difficult to debug and test properly. Below is a list of known issues, to be addressed in future releases:
* Boss room doors on the minimap view have corrupted graphics.
* "Complete Map" artifact doesn't seem to be working.
* Different zoom levels of the minimap are not available.
If you have found any other issues in the game - please let me know in the comments below.A request towards the community:
As you might have read above, the original music was removed from the GCW Zero port of the game, due to its copryight status (the authors used random music from the Internet).
know of any royalty free music tracks fitting the game atmosphere, please let me know. Preferred music license is CC-BY-SA
If you need to hear the original music, you can find a gameplay video here
Together, we can make this game even better!