Author Topic: Grafx2  (Read 4494 times)

David Knight (OP)

Grafx2
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »

Here's Grafx2, A pixelart-oriented painting program
https://code.google.com/p/grafx2/

This version is based on the most recent release (2.4.2035).

Changelog:
Included support for Lua scripting, check the demonstration scripts in the opk (right click on Brush effects/factory)
Doublebuffered graphics
Numerous control changes

(from the Grafx2 website)
GrafX2 is a bitmap paint program inspired by the Amiga programs Deluxe Paint and Brilliance.
Specialized in 256-color drawing, it includes a very large number of tools and effects that make it particularly suitable for pixel art, game graphics, and generally any detailed graphics painted with a mouse.
The program is mostly developed on Linux and Windows, but is also portable on many other platforms.

Features:
Image editing in indexed colors (with palette), up to 256 colors
Classical tools : lines, circles, text, multiple undo/redo, built-in brushes, ...
Less classical tools : airbrush, splines, gradient-filled shapes, custom brushes
Dual-view mode, you can see and draw both zoomed and actual size views at the same time
Extensive palette editor : RGB and HSL color systems, editing group of colors, define and create color ranges
Palette control : reorder colors without altering picture, common palette generation for merging two images
Shading mode : helps you to antialias with your own gradients
Grid mode : draw tile and easily assemble and copy them to create a screen mockup.
Patterned mode
Transparency, smoothing, smearing, and other advanced effects
Extensive and customizable shortcuts. You can control everything with the keyboard and disable the menu to draw fullscreen
Unusual screen modes : wide and tall pixels, constrained palettes. Very useful for pictures dedicated to 8 and 16-bit computers.

GCW0 Controls:

All controls are configurable, these are the defaults:
D-Pad: Pan image
D-Pad + A: Fast panning
D-Pad + B: Slow panning
D-Pad L/R + X: Change foreground colour
D-Pad U/D + X: Change background colour
A-Pad: Mouse emulation

Y: Left click
R-SP: Right click
L-SP: Display Help menu

SELECT: Exit menu
START: Screen resolution menu
START + X: Default to 320x240 resolution

To change control configuration, Select 'Help' from the Help menu and click on the control you wish to change. There are plenty of possibilities!
To change skin, rightclick on Settings/Skins.

Link to opk (source included):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYi4RGX-HSaQnZtdmJjZXBvVHc/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:35:09 pm by David Knight »

David Knight (OP)

Re: Grafx2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:14:31 pm »
A current developer on the project (PulkoMandy) has asked me to update the port to the latest snapshot in order to fix a few bugs so here's the new version based on latest SVN :)

Also there are a few new fonts, skins and lua scripts to try out as well ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYi4RGX-HSaQnZtdmJjZXBvVHc/view?usp=sharing

Gab1975

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:28:39 pm »
Now the GCW Zero has got a bitmap paint software! This app remembers me the times when I used the Amiga Deluxe Paint! Thanks David! ;)

opt2not

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 07:36:37 am »
This is cool! Sprite creation on the go! Thank you so much for this, you don't know how long I've been trying to find a decent way of being able to build sprites without the need of a tablet PC, or crappy mobile apps. I'm going to try this out tonight!  ;D

opt2not

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 09:31:16 pm »
Is there any way of changing the mouse sensitivity?  I find it really slow and wanted to increase the speed a bit.

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 08:08:33 am »
Is there any way of changing the mouse sensitivity?  I find it really slow and wanted to increase the speed a bit.

Sure, would you prefer a particular key combination or just a config setting?

opt2not

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 08:28:10 pm »
A config setting would be nice. But whatever is easiest to implement, I'd be happy either way.  :)

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 12:06:05 pm »
Awesome thx a bunch David Knight