I downloaded it from doperoms too, but no luck.
I agree with you about the mess , lol.
This is the history of the magician lord home rom:
0.142u5: Changed description to 'Magician Lord (NGM-005)' and clone to 'Magician Lord (NGH-005)'. Fixed rom names.
- 0.140u1: Johnboy fixed/mixed up crc's in Magician Lord and clone. Renamed (maglord) to (maglordh) and (maglordh) to (maglord).
- 0.130u1: NeoGeo update [Johnboy]: Changed Magician Lord (set 1) to clone (set 2) and (set 2) to parent (set 1). Corrected chip label of maincpu rom to 005-pg1.bin (MichaelNet) in Magician Lord (set 1). Renamed (maglord) to (maglordh) and (maglordh) to (maglord).
- 0.124u1: Added new cpu2 rom.
- 0.120: Johnboy fully redumped Magician Lord. Added correct 128k cpu2 m1 rom.
- 0.69: Jarek Burczynski fixed FM bug causing bad sounds in Magician Lord and other games which was introduced in the last release.
- 22nd May 2003: Jarek Burczynski fixed a bug in the YM2610 sound chip emulator that caused problems in the Magician Lord intro for example.
- 0.35: Changed description to 'Magician Lord (set 1)' and clone '(Home version)' to '(set 2)'.
- 0.35b2: Added clone Magician Lord (Home version).
- 0.34b1: Added Magician Lord (Alpha Denshi 1990).
- 26th January 1998: CaBBe dumped Magician Lord.
I will never get it too work lol