Author Topic: Gameblabla's Oswan  (Read 12262 times)

care16la20

Re: Gameblabla's Oswan
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2015, 06:08:31 pm »
Sorry guys,
i was just too sleepy so i have not done much but i have updated my emulator and it has
a new control sheme called 'Swap everything" which does exactly what care16la20 said.

Hi,

Very nice; Now all control swap possibilities are covered

There is one thing I noticed: On the previous version, the gfx had some kind of a filter to make the graphics smooth when selecting keep aspect ratio... In this version this doesnt seems to be enabled so the gfx looks a little blocky

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 11:21:50 pm »
There is one thing I noticed: On the previous version, the gfx had some kind of a filter to make the graphics smooth when selecting keep aspect ratio... In this version this doesnt seems to be enabled so the gfx looks a little blocky
That was an old dev version that had IPU scaling : i tried to bring it back but i (miserably) failed.
IPU scaling on GCW0 with the SDL port is very tricky because it does not like playing with resolutions lower than the screen's native resolution.
(That's how Mednafen-GCW0 got its IPU scaling support broken from one release to another)

care16la20

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 02:29:40 pm »
That was an old dev version that had IPU scaling : i tried to bring it back but i (miserably) failed.
IPU scaling on GCW0 with the SDL port is very tricky because it does not like playing with resolutions lower than the screen's native resolution.
(That's how Mednafen-GCW0 got its IPU scaling support broken from one release to another)

Oh I hope you figure out how to enable the ipu because the difference is big ...
Regards

care16la20

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 12:40:29 pm »
Hi, any news if the IPU scaling can be brought back ?

Thnks in advance

Spaceman

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2016, 06:08:19 pm »
It's great all these emulators and all, but what would be really great is an actual working link.
You know, so people can actually use them.
There are actually very little working links to any of these OPK's on here.

Edit
Found some on the repository
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:11:21 pm by Spaceman »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 10:05:03 pm »
It's great all these emulators and all, but what would be really great is an actual working link.
You know, so people can actually use them.
There are actually very little working links to any of these OPK's on here.

Sorry, i changed the link but forgot to update the post here.
In any case, it is availabe at http://gcw-zero.com.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:06:42 pm by gameblabla »

Spaceman

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 04:24:16 pm »
So which is the past version. The one in this thread is 44k the one on the repo is 52K.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2016, 01:45:36 pm »
So which is the past version. The one in this thread is 44k the one on the repo is 52K.
The one on the official repository is the older version but why would you want the old version ?
I must mention they have almost no difference other than the size. (due to some optimisations)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 09:03:30 am »
Bump.
I took some time to fix the upscaling issue and it is now fixed !
Select "Keep Aspect" and it will use the IPU to upscale it to the GCW0's screen and apply linear filtering.

Of course, you need to download it again.

Enjoy

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 03:12:54 pm »
Hey,
i have uploaded a new version again. Unlike the previous one, it's mostly minor.
The audio code should be somewhat a little bit faster but other than that, not much had been done.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2018, 03:57:19 am »
Again, bump.

I looked around the RS-97 and Oswan was simply running too slow on it, so i've decided to look around it and fix some issues,
namely audio code and adding frameskip support. I'll soon add it to next firmware but since some games on the GCW0 might still not reach fullspeed, i've decided to turn on frameskip for that build as well.

This should make most games run properly on the GCW0, but it might introduce some speed issues.
Please give it a try, as my GCW0 is for now currently broken...

opt2not

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2018, 06:29:35 pm »
Sweet!  Thanks for the update, I'll give it a try this week and give you some feedback.

opt2not

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 04:21:49 am »
Got a chance to spend an hour with your update, seems to work all good. Played a bit of Final fantasy, Golden Axe and Judgment Silversword. They all played and sounded great, but I?ll have to put more time into them to see if there are any slowdown or audio problems. But first, I gotta find some English translation hacks which I think are few and far between.

opt2not

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2018, 11:55:16 pm »
Man, Judgment Silversword  is a fantastic shmup. Works really well on this version of Oswan.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 05:09:53 pm »
Great to hear it works well now ! And i think that pretty much sums up Oswan, at least as far the GCW0 is concerned.. No idea how to fix the graphical glitches in some games like One piece though :/

Post a new topic