This is a new port based on an updated Gambatte core (r572) with a few core modifications.
- High accuracy and compatibility.
- Completely reworked menu with sound and animations which simulates the GB screen.
- Several upscalers to choose from (hardware and software).
- Supports external color palettes for monochrome games.
- Supports external color filter files for GBC games.
- Supports external DMG/GBC border images.
- Supports using GB/GBC bios to have the "Nintendo"/"Game Boy" logos on game start.
- Supports LCD ghosting effect, to correctly display games like Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge, Chikyuu Kaihou Gun ZAS...
- Supports preview images in savestates.
- Supports Game Genie and GameShark cheats.
- Supports per-game settings
Find the latest release here: https://github.com/bardeci/dot-matrix-simulator/releases
Sample palettes: https://app.box.com/s/eydcx10qx5hy5ffbyc9ph68g40rtmgth
Sample filters: https://app.box.com/s/rw8s44npwjickz6r3ftfhyrsnwiibl1u
- Border images are NOT compatible with the ones from Ohboy.
- Color palettes and filter files are NOT compatible with the ohboy ones. They use a different format.
- For instructions on how to create palettes/filters, or where to place external files like palettes, filters, borders, bios files, etc refer to the manual included in the OPK.
You can read the manual by highlighting the Gambatte icon in Gmenu2x and pressing SELECT. Then choose "Show manual of Gambatte" to read the manual.