• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Final Burn Alpha SDL for GCW-Zero (UPDATE 2015-03-11)  (Read 169885 times)

dmitry_smagin (OP)

Re: Final Burn Alpha SDL for GCW-Zero (UPDATE 2015-03-11)
« Reply #420 on: October 23, 2015, 09:12:44 am »
Hi, this is probably a stupid question, but is there a way how to convert a .txt Rom list from the first post to a .dat file for clrmamepro?
Fankly speaking, I disabled generating .fba and .dat files, so you can't get them invoking FBA. However, the code is still there, so I generated them. Still, no idea if this .dat is suitable for clrmamepro.

Catch the files: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mkqj0z
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Qubits

« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »
I have a question, just got a GCW and have lot of problems to make arcade / neo geo games to work. First of all, i figured out that you shouldnt change the name of the zip file you are downloading, for strange reasons, the emulator recognize them by their zip names so even if the name of the zip is bad, dont touch it. Second, it seems that FBA for GCW cant play the zip files that contains .bin files, am i right with this ? I have seen although that on the gamelist that you can download here : https://www.sendspace.com/file/tuooid that thoses games containing .bin were supported so what should i do to make them work ? because when i try to run them i get this message :

Now loading...

Error loading rom (not found) :
Loading sm1.sm1...(not found) :
Exiting - Press any key

When i press a key, it changes the line " loading (not found " for about three times then show a black screen.

Senor Quack

« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2016, 10:16:04 pm »
because when i try to run them i get this message :
Now loading...
Error loading rom (not found) :
Loading sm1.sm1...(not found) :
Exiting - Press any key
When i press a key, it changes the line " loading (not found " for about three times then show a black screen.

You probably aren't including the Neo Geo BIOS in your ROM folder. It's usually called neogeo.zip

If it still doesn't work after that:  You must use ROMs from the MAME romset version 0.159 (as mentioned on the first post in the thread,  by the author of the port). If you use ROMs from a romset older or newer than that, there is a chance they won't work, especially if they're older.

MAME romsets can be converted between older and newer versions but it gets pretty complicated (you must use the ClrMamePro utility). It's easiest to just find a romset closest to what you need and hope the files work. If you don't know what version romset a given ROM is from, then you're pretty much just taking a complete chance by using it.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:21:46 pm by Senor Quack »

Qubits

« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2016, 01:29:12 pm »
The emulator is working very good overall, although some games have massives lags / frameskipping and therefore not quite playable, here is a short list i've made :

Gunforce 2 : Massive lags
Tengai : Massive lags
Michael Jackson Moonwalker : few lags, could be better
R-Type Leo : Massive lags
Sol Divide : Massive lags
Xexex : Massive lags

hi-ban

« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2016, 09:47:51 pm »
The emulator is working very good overall, although some games have massives lags / frameskipping and therefore not quite playable, here is a short list i've made :

It depends on the emulated system. FBA emulates NeoGeo, CPS1 and CPS2 flawlessly and full speed. However, there are some other systems which FBA supports, but require quite more horsepower to emulate, like CPS3, PGM and some Irem systems (although some Irem systems are emulated quite well by MAME, so in some cases it might be a matter of optimisation).

Qubits

« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2016, 02:17:36 pm »
There is also a problem with  J. J. Squawkers. The game doesnt launch on C68k but only M68k, and when you press select to insert coin, it starts the 2nd player (that you cannot play) so if you press select again to start player one, you then have to wait that player 2 dies to be able to play and move forward.

Qubits

« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2016, 09:33:17 pm »
Found the reason why, dmitry explained me : if you press " select + start " at the same time it will enable two players mode and there is no way to escape it unless you close the emulator and reopen it. So if any of you are wondering why it starts the two players mode, just close FBA reopen it and be sure not to press select + start at the same time again.

davidgilmour

« Reply #427 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:07 am »

I got my GCW Zero today and the first game I tested was RTYPE II.
Only 6 frames per second.
This means no irem games, a pity.

Luckily neogeo plays well, so I will just use it for neogeo, cps1, cps2 and hopefully system16 works good too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:55:39 am by davidgilmour »

Swarmadd

« Reply #428 on: September 20, 2016, 10:02:25 am »
You should use xmame 1.3 instead, that's what I use to play R-Type 1, II, and Leo, and they all run fullspeed  :)
(Anyway I mainly use fba for neogeo and cps emulation, not much for the others)

davidgilmour

« Reply #429 on: September 20, 2016, 11:22:30 am »
You should use xmame 1.3 instead, that's what I use to play R-Type 1, II, and Leo, and they all run fullspeed  :)
Thanks, will install that too and try it.
I am impressed with the way it handles the genesis/megadrive and snes, all 100% perfectly smooth.
Better than my gpd xd!

toto

« Reply #430 on: September 20, 2016, 11:54:03 am »
Enjoy your GCW davidgilmour! I know it has been asked a billion times but when an .opk version of xmame will be released?

davidgilmour

« Reply #431 on: October 07, 2016, 09:05:34 pm »
Fba has some issues with some neogeo games and even some cps1/2 games:
Progear (cps2) doesn't run
Pleasure goal (neo geo) has some serious glitches
Captain Commando (cps) can't be played
Warriors of Faith (cps) can't be played

Xmame is able to play these games flawlessly, except for Progear. That doesn't run either.

@toto there already exists an opk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50ho3ktwsli7tp/xmame_1.3.opk?dl=0

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:05:42 am by davidgilmour »

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #432 on: October 11, 2016, 05:14:23 pm »

Xmame is able to play these games flawlessly, except for Progear. That doesn't run either.

@toto there already exists an opk: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f50ho3ktwsli7tp/xmame_1.3.opk?dl=0

I play Progear all the time on FBA (but an older version, I've held off updating for fear I'll screw something up.  and I don't know if my romset will work with the new FBA)

davidgilmour

« Reply #433 on: October 11, 2016, 05:28:42 pm »

I play Progear all the time on FBA (but an older version, I've held off updating for fear I'll screw something up.  and I don't know if my romset will work with the new FBA)
Ah, maybe I should try an older romset. Will do that later this week. Thanks.

Qubits

« Reply #434 on: October 11, 2016, 08:28:48 pm »
I'd also like to add that lot of Psikyo games and others nice shooters are not running correctly... such as Gunbird 2, Dragon Blaze, Samourai Aces or Cyvern, even when changing the emu cores.

SilentRunner

« Reply #435 on: January 31, 2017, 09:31:09 pm »
Does anyone know a guide I can use for setting up this emulator it is vastly different to any other I have used? for example setting the rom paths and the roms themselves come with like 20files? Im alittle lost can anyone point me in the right direction. Its my first time trying MAME games im intrigued to try them I have always used simple GBA roms. Thanks

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #436 on: February 01, 2017, 05:47:41 am »
Does anyone know a guide I can use for setting up this emulator it is vastly different to any other I have used? for example setting the rom paths and the roms themselves come with like 20files? Im alittle lost can anyone point me in the right direction. Its my first time trying MAME games im intrigued to try them I have always used simple GBA roms. Thanks
Go to Config menu, set path to your romset, set showing roms (available only), then quit emulator and restart. You'll see the list of available games. Pay attention to romset version, it's important for some games!
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

SilentRunner

« Reply #437 on: February 01, 2017, 10:00:42 pm »
Hi thanks for replying so quickly, I didn't realize you left the roms inside the zip file apologies still learning. I have the MAME 0.159 romset all of the roms show in the menu but every single game is not showing as playable some do launch and run fine however Is there something else I need to do.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:18:56 pm by SilentRunner »

Jonosborne

« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2017, 05:53:23 pm »
Hey guys!  I am pretty new to FBA.  I went through and downloaded some CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3 games.  A few of them work but the majority of them say error loading.  Is there perhaps a parent ROM that they are missing?  I noticed a lot of them are very small(like 56 KB) and I thought that was a bit odd, but didn't put much thought into it because older games are usually really small.  Can anyone help with this so I can get these games up and running?  Thanks!

Senor Quack

« Reply #439 on: February 23, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
Hey guys!  I am pretty new to FBA.  I went through and downloaded some CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3 games.  A few of them work but the majority of them say error loading.  Is there perhaps a parent ROM that they are missing?  I noticed a lot of them are very small(like 56 KB) and I thought that was a bit odd, but didn't put much thought into it because older games are usually really small.  Can anyone help with this so I can get these games up and running?  Thanks!

I am not an expert at FBA, nor MAME roms.. but ROMs for MAME, compared to ROMs for let's say consoles, are unique in that there is a master ROM for each game and then it has related children ROMs that are just slightly different from the parent (like, different revisions or country releases). So, the children ROMs depend on the parents being present for the whole ROM to work. The children ROMs can be very small, as they represent merely the info that is different from the parent ROM.

If you mention specific games we can help you more.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:06:39 pm by Senor Quack »