• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: FFplay media player  (Read 34854 times)

Nebuleon

Re: FFplay media player
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 05:38:37 am »
.rm and .rmvb files have the MIME types application/vnd.rn-realmedia and application/vnd.rn-realmedia-vbr respectively. radon86 can add those to the list of types in the file chooser for FFplay.

panshuai0

• My Hocoslamfy high score is 40. I Love My Gcw Zero
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 05:53:50 am »
.rm and .rmvb files have the MIME types application/vnd.rn-realmedia and application/vnd.rn-realmedia-vbr respectively. radon86 can add those to the list of types in the file chooser for FFplay.
Thanks for your help!  ;D
You mean to say, gcw zero and ff player can run and support rm and rmvb for?
Just need to add a list of support? :o
感谢您的帮助!
您的意思是说,gcw零和ff播放器是可以运行并支持rm和rmvb的?
只是需要添加列表支持? ;) :)
My Hocoslamfy high score is 40. I Love My Gcw Zero

Nebuleon

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 06:00:19 am »
FFplay itself (part of the FFmpeg project) can play many more formats. But the list of formats for the file selector doesn't have all of them yet.

panshuai0

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:05 am »
FFplay itself (part of the FFmpeg project) can play many more formats. But the list of formats for the file selector doesn't have all of them yet.
I'm sorry, I could not understand :'(
You say that support or do not support ....
If so, how can I add a list. . .

panshuai0

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2014, 07:22:50 am »
I'm sorry, I could not understand :'(
You say that support or do not support ....
If so, how can I add a list. . .

Hi, Thank you all for your help!
I let my friend saw your answer,
You know the meaning of the expression.
Waiting for the author of the software increases rm / rmvb format.
Thank you again~ ;D

radon86 (OP)

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2014, 07:28:29 pm »

;DAsk authors to join (rm / rmvb) for support?

I added audio/vnd.rn-realaudio;audio/x-pn-realaudio;audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin;video/vnd.rn-realvideo;application/vnd.rn-realmedia;application/vnd.rn-realmedia-vbr; to MimeType section. Real audio/video files (.ra, .ram, .rv, .rm, .rmvb) should be visible in file selector now. Please redownload ffplay.opk and check video playback.

panshuai0

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 03:51:07 am »

;DAsk authors to join (rm / rmvb) for support?

I added audio/vnd.rn-realaudio;audio/x-pn-realaudio;audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin;video/vnd.rn-realvideo;application/vnd.rn-realmedia;application/vnd.rn-realmedia-vbr; to MimeType section. Real audio/video files (.ra, .ram, .rv, .rm, .rmvb) should be visible in file selector now. Please redownload ffplay.opk and check video playback.
Thank you! I updated opk, rmvb already displayed.
However, the resolution can not be too large.
Bit rate is not too large.
Otherwise the picture and sound are not synchronized screen freeze. Not play smoothly.
Thanks to the update again!

radon86 (OP)

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 10:05:39 am »
I updated opk, rmvb already displayed.
However, the resolution can not be too large.
Bit rate is not too large.
Otherwise the picture and sound are not synchronized screen freeze. Not play smoothly.
Thanks for your report. Unfortunately this port of FFmpeg haven't got hardware decoder. Try low resolution/bitrate video (< 1000 kbps & < 720x576) or try convert your files (xvid/divx ~1000 kbps 720x576 plays well).

radon86 (OP)

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 04:27:27 pm »
UPDATE 2014-07-01

- Added libquvi support.

--Internet connection required--

FFmpeg can be compiled with support for reading files off various Internet streaming platforms directly, namely with libquvi.
libquvi is a cross-platform library for parsing flash media stream URLs with C API. It supports many websites including:
Code: [Select]
101greatgoals
1tvru
ardmediathek
arte
audioboo
bbc
beeg
bikeradar
canalplus
cbsnews
clipfish
collegehumor
dailymotion
deviantclip
dorkly
empflix
foxnews
funnyordie
gaskrank
guardian
jizzhut
keezmovies
lego
liveleak
metacafe
myspass
publicsenat
redtube
sapo
senat
sevenload
soundcloud
spankwire
spiegel
tagtele
tapuz
tcmag
ted
theonion
tmunderground
tnaflix
totallynsfw
tvlux
tvrain
videa
videobash
vimeo
wimp
xhamster
xnxx
xvideos
youjizz
youtube
I tested only Youtube and Vimeo.

FFplay has no GUI for Internet streaming video, so I added support for .m3u/.m3u8 files. Just create a text file video-name.m3u, where the first row is #EXTM3U, and the second is http://a-link-to-the-video. For example:
#EXTM3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6dikfuBByM
https:// links don't work.
You can use link to the remote video file too:
#EXTM3U
http://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/344182/video-164894-h264_high.mp4

OPK includes links to the videos from Qbertaddict1's YouTube Channel. Run FFplay ones and the next time you can open Qbertaddict1's movies from  HOME/video folder (/media/data/local/home/video).

Thanks DieHardMan for the idea and links.

slapstick

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 12:37:42 am »
Wow, this is great! How did you create the list of Youtube links inside the OPK?

EDIT: Oh, looks like youtube provides a way by doing something like this: https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/lazypillow/uploads?&max-results=50&start-index=51

It shouldn't be that hard to write a program using it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:41:41 am by slapstick »

Nebuleon

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 04:18:30 am »
I would like to request that FFplay uses a new feature of the 2014-08-20 firmware: automatic resizing of any framebuffer size to 320x240 for the LCD.

You can request the size of the video as your video mode (SDL_SetVideoMode(vid_width, vid_height) or other equivalent functions directly on fb0), then add
X-OD-NeedsDownscaling=true to the .desktop file to allow this to happen on video files larger than the LCD. And the hardware will resize it.

Software will only have to do edit: YUV to RGB conversion. I expect that even just the hardware resizing will tremendously speed up video playback.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:20:45 am by Nebuleon »

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 11:36:04 am »
It's actually faster to decode at 320x240 instead of the native resolution if it's higher.

Nebuleon

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 08:51:22 pm »
Does FFplay decode at 320x240, or does it decode at the video resolution then resize, though?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 11:09:10 pm »
The former, that's why it's faster at 320x240 (that surprised me as well). But it looks better at native resolution downscaled with a bilinear filter.

radon86 (OP)

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 10:35:34 pm »
I would like to request that FFplay uses a new feature of the 2014-08-20 firmware: automatic resizing of any framebuffer size to 320x240 for the LCD.
I tested new image scaling feature. Unfortunately I did not see increased performance.

Anyway IPU is more suitable for video scaling than setting the geometry of the screen manually. Maybe it will use hardware scaling by default after the video driver will support more resolutions.

ffplay-gcw0-ipu-test.opk

Nebuleon

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:27 am »
I've grabbed your IPU test OPK, and ran it on my usual test videos, and have noticed that indeed the performance has not changed much:

a) Mythbusters episodes (xvid/AVI, 624x384) are still around 95% CPU to decode. They look a bit crisper with details, and are shown at close to 60 FPS, but when there are LOTS of motion vectors, it gets slower.

b) Some comedy show episodes ripped from DVDs (H.264+AAC/MPEG-4, 708x364) are decoded 5 to 7 times too slow, and the sound runs uninterrupted with highly desynced video. [edit: N.B. these files were the results of some transcoding tests, they're files with CABAC, a constant PSNR, and shitloads of reference frames. They might not even be mobile-friendly H.264 bitstreams.]

This is all pretty close to what I got before. I bet it's motion compensation, IDCT, deblocking and colorspace conversion all still being done in software, and that's pretty expensive.

There's one thing with the IPU though, and it's that you can adjust the aspect ratio with Power+A - so if the aspect ratio is wrong in a video, the user can do something about it (provided the correct aspect ratio is 4:3). And now, if HDMI video output gets implemented, that test build can already display the video at the original resolution, and not some scaled-up version of what gets displayed on 320x240, possibly downscaled from something higher :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:48:44 am by Nebuleon »

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 03:27:06 am »
Hey guys,

Quick question regarding FFPlay. I doubt this can be done in the app, so if not, please suggest a way I can fix this. I have two movies loaded on so far.

-Kirby Right Back at Ya: Fright to the Finish

-Super Mario Brothers Movie (The anime movie)

If you look here at the Mario movie, it's sized with a border around it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-2Y2CtHt_U
I'm wondering if there's a way to stretch this to fullscreen via a software or in the app.
Any help is greatly appreciated, as I really want this movie on my Zero, but due to the videos black borders, the video itself shows very small.

---

UPDATE:

Found a video editor called Movavi which seemed to convert it rather nicely. I got the black borders cropped out. All is well now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:47:24 am by xXFrostXx »
Dingoonity is the place to be!

tekkaman

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 05:25:34 pm »
Pocketdivx encoder is good as well and it's free.

tekkaman

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 10:47:50 pm »
Is there are format that doesn't have tearing ? I can live with it but if it's not there better.  :)

Gab1975

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 05:09:59 am »
Is there are format that doesn't have tearing ? I can live with it but if it's not there better.  :)

Do you mean video format/codec with "format"? In this case, the screen tearing should depend on the video player and not on the video format...

Post a new topic