Author Topic: Bermuda Syndrome  (Read 27062 times)

David Knight (OP)

Re: Bermuda Syndrome
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:17 pm »
Thanks, I've updated the manual now. As a thank you I've also changed the icon  ;)

Gab1975

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 09:37:40 pm »
Thanks, I've updated the manual now. As a thank you I've also changed the icon ;)

Thanks! :)

Gab1975

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 07:44:14 am »
I played a while and the game seems to work very well! :)
I noticed that during a game section can happen to press "select" instead of "start" and the result is to quit directly from the app... it could be useful to add a validation message, which can be: Quit the game? Yes (A) No (B)

EDIT: a validation message could be useful also for load and save state.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:41:30 am by Gab1975 »

Senor Quack

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 08:22:54 am »
Gab1975 putting in all these efforts ;)  Good job, mate.

Gab1975

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 07:36:34 am »
I arrived at the point when Jack talks with the wise Tauron and during the dialog the game crashes... I presume that the state is saved in .bermudasyndrome/bermuda.001, so I attached the file hereunder.

PS: also before this point the game crashed some times, but the crashes were random and sporadic.

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 09:06:01 am »
Thanks for the savegame, I hadn't got that far :(

Logreport states redrawDialogueTexts():Assertion 'substringCount<8' failed.

I did modify the code to make the text larger and I suspect Tauron is about to launch into a lengthy speech at this point so I'll try recompiling without the enlarged text and see if that works.

Did the game crash before during dialogue?

EDIT Fixed, the bug wasn't in my altered code, I've changed it to 12, doesn't seem to have any effect other than allowing longer speeches.
I've uploaded the opk in the first post, please report any more bugs and I'll do my best to fix ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:27:00 am by David Knight »

Gab1975

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 10:28:16 am »
Did the game crash before during dialogue?

No, the previous crashes were random and not repetitive... if I remember well, 3 or 4 times (in different locations) the game crashed when I pressed the L button to load the state, other time it crashed when I pressed "start" to see the archive/bag.

... thanks for fixing the "dialogue bug" ! :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:33:59 am by Gab1975 »

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 10:36:02 am »
Could you enable OutputLogs from gmenu2x and send me the output log next time you get a crash and I'll take a look at it.

Gab1975

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 11:44:19 am »
Could you enable OutputLogs from gmenu2x and send me the output log next time you get a crash and I'll take a look at it.

Of course! ;)

hakmanplayer

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »
I have tried for hours to get this one going to no avail. I have bermuda syndrome.opk in my apps folder, then the data files in a made bermuda syndrome folder where all my other rom folders are. Do I need a separate 'data' folder for these files?

I also noticed there are many files for this game [as you all must know] labeled 1,2,3...,etc. Do these subfolders need to be extracted and the various files placed individually in a made 'data' folder or may they be placed in the previously mentioned 'bermuda syndrome' folder? All files mentioned are on my micro sd card.

I am perplexed and most likely have confused anyone else reading this  ???.. i hope not and apologize if this is the case.
Oh yes  indeed...another noobie situation. I did play some of this game on a previously owned emulator I care not to mention. On that device I had all the proper files in one folder and the actual game engine in another folder w/ other emulators.

Please help. I literally spent hours on this [ no violin needed] and gave up sodding.

**Quite sorry to the moderator I know this is not the help section. **

Cheers!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:17:55 pm by hakmanplayer »

Gab1975

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »
I have tried for hours to get this one going to no avail. I have bermuda syndrome.opk in my apps folder, then the data files in a made bermuda syndrome folder where all my other rom folders are. Do I need a separate 'data' folder for these files?

When you launch bermudasyndrome.opk the first time, it makes automatically a directory (.bermudasyndrome) in the "home" folder (path: usr/local/home/.bermudasyndrome), inside this directory there are two sub-dir (DATA and MUSIC)... You need to put all "Bermuda Syndrome" data files inside the "DATA" sub-dir (otherwise the interpreter can't find the game data files).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:30:17 pm by Gab1975 »

hakmanplayer

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »
Thanks Gab1975  for your ever so prompt response.  :)

So I may make up these 'data '& 'home' folders on my sd card?

Am I correct to type that this is all sorted on the internal memory of the GCW-ZERO?

Cheers!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 02:44:40 pm by hakmanplayer »

Gab1975

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 02:52:24 pm »
Thanks Gab1975  for your ever so prompt response.  :)

So I may make up these 'data '& 'home' folders on my sd card?

Am I correct to type that this is all sorted on the internal memory of the GCW-ZERO?

As far as I know, the "home" folder is a preset directory and it can be located only in the internal memory (in other words, you can't create an operative "home" folder in the external sd-card).

Gab1975

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 02:58:59 pm »

I enabled the Output Logs and I was able to reproduce a "crash situation" (I pressed the L button and instead to load a state the game quitted).
Hereunder the Ouput Logs:
Code: [Select]
Loaded state from slot 1 scene 'C1_01.SCN'
Saved state to slot 1
Loaded state from slot 1 scene 'C1_02.SCN'
Saved state to slot 1

I don't know if it will be useful, moreover the last effective action (press the L button to load the state)  doesn't appear in the log file...

Anubis

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 04:42:30 pm »

When you launch bermudasyndrome.opk the first time, it makes automatically a directory (.bermudasyndrome) in the "home" folder (path: usr/local/home/.bermudasyndrome), inside this directory there are two sub-dir (DATA and MUSIC)... You need to put all "Bermuda Syndrome" data files inside the "DATA" sub-dir (otherwise the interpreter can't find the game data files).

Thanks. :)

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:53 pm »

I enabled the Output Logs and I was able to reproduce a "crash situation" (I pressed the L button and instead to load a state the game quitted).
Hereunder the Ouput Logs:
Code: [Select]
Loaded state from slot 1 scene 'C1_01.SCN'
Saved state to slot 1
Saved state to slot 1

I don't know if it will be useful, moreover the last effective action (press the L button to load the state)  doesn't appear in the log file...

Doesn't explain the reason unfortunately. I'll see if I can replicate a crash and debug. Thanks anyway.

@hakmanplayer Unfortunately I cannot assume that there is a microSD card inserted so it is safer to link the game files to the "/usr/local/home/" directory. If you need further help getting it running pm me.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:36:44 pm by David Knight »

zear

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 01:33:20 am »
@hakmanplayer Unfortunately I cannot assume that there is a microSD card inserted so it is safer to link the game files to the "/usr/local/home/" directory. If you need further help getting it running pm me.
/usr/local/home/ is also not guaranteed to exist - you should instead retreive the content of $HOME variable and use that directory.

hakmanplayer

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 01:28:20 pm »
I have and I thank you for the offer!!

Cheers!!

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:44 pm »
/usr/local/home/ is also not guaranteed to exist - you should instead retreive the content of $HOME variable and use that directory.

I have updated the opk with this change. I'm still puzzled though, $HOME is /usr/local/home so why does it matter?

zear

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 12:05:09 am »
I have updated the opk with this change. I'm still puzzled though, $HOME is /usr/local/home so why does it matter?
Because if we change the location of $HOME in a new firmware (as it happened before), your software will stop working.