Author Topic: All we need is Löve  (Read 29863 times)

Gab1975

Re: All we need is Löve
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2014, 08:03:49 am »
A short embedded manual should be useful... like the one attached... :)
I created also a test opk: https://www.sendspace.com/file/oc7ox4

hakmanplayer

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2014, 02:08:19 pm »

Thanks for your efforts thus far.

Cheers.

Shin-NiL

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »
Made a Tetris clone. It's something I originally put together a long while back. Over the last week made some improvements for the GCW-Zero like better randomization, an added score board, and the ability to speed up with button hold. If you make a highscore remember to enter in your initials before hitting start to save. Let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions on how it could be improved or just want to look at the source and tell me that I can't script for spit. Hope you like it and thanks for playing.
http://vonzippenstein.com/gcwzero/love2d/vztetris.zip

Controls: d-pad to move blocks, B A L to rotate, X Y R to speed up, Start to pause and reset at game end. Select to quit.
Cool, looks great ;)

thefifthgiant

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:48 pm »
Made a Tetris clone. It's something I originally put together a long while back. Over the last week made some improvements for the GCW-Zero like better randomization, an added score board, and the ability to speed up with button hold. If you make a highscore remember to enter in your initials before hitting start to save. Let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions on how it could be improved or just want to look at the source and tell me that I can't script for spit. Hope you like it and thanks for playing.
http://vonzippenstein.com/gcwzero/love2d/vztetris.zip

Controls: d-pad to move blocks, B A L to rotate, X Y R to speed up, Start to pause and reset at game end. Select to quit.

Excellent, glad to have a version of this awesome game on the zero. I'd like to put in a request to be able to rotate the pieces in both directions with different buttons. Perhaps A would rotate to the right, and B to the left? It would make it a lot easier to keep up once the pieces start falling faster!   ;D

vonzippenstein

• vonzippenstein.com
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 02:42:21 am »
I'd like to put in a request to be able to rotate the pieces in both directions with different buttons. Perhaps A would rotate to the right, and B to the left? It would make it a lot easier to keep up once the pieces start falling faster!   ;D
Added. http://vonzippenstein.com/gcwzero/love2d/vztetris100914.zip

But for some reason I can't make this OPK. If I extract the existing posted OPK with 7zip, change nothing, and repackage it using mksquashfs it won't show up on gmenu2x. Anyone able to package Love2D games into OPKs using Windows and and feel like writing a brief tutorial? If anyone feels like packaging Tetris I made an icon right before the download link.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:33:58 am by vonzippenstein »

zear

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 11:15:24 am »

But for some reason I can't make this OPK. If I extract the existing posted OPK with 7zip, change nothing, and repackage it using mksquashfs it won't show up on gmenu2x. Anyone able to package Love2D games into OPKs using Windows and and feel like writing a brief tutorial? If anyone feels like packaging Tetris I made an icon right before the download link.
Make sure you pack it using
mksquashfs ./dir/ out.opk -all-root -noappend -no-exports -no-xattrs
and that the executables (if any) have +x chmod set.

thefifthgiant

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »

Thanks for listening to my feedback! Now all I need is to switch the A and B buttons around, my brain gets confused that the left button rotates right and vice versa.  :P

I was able to make an OPK with the Open Package Creator utility. Find it here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hfajcs

I added the new icon you made, and edited the manual that Gab1975 made to reflect the control changes. Creating the OPK was no problem, I had to change the file extension from .zip to .love, and then in the OPK Creator, I had to make sure the executable was listed as 'love vztetris100914.love'. I'm not sure why, but when I linked the file, the field said 'vztetris100914.love' and it didn't work, so I had to add in the 'love' in front

Gab1975

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2014, 04:30:21 pm »
@vonzippenstein: I think that it should be better open a specific topic for your game (VZ-Tetris) ! ;)

vonzippenstein

• vonzippenstein.com
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 03:27:48 am »
had to make sure the executable was listed as 'love vztetris100914.love'
How did you do that? Open Package Creator gives me an error and won't output the opk if I add love before the love file. If I leave the field with just the love file it makes the OPK but it won't run on the GCW-Zero since it's not actually running love. And if I unpack it, change the .desktop file, then repackage it then it won't appear on gmenu2x.
Gonna try repackaging in Ubuntu with VM just to make sure Windows isn't clipping the +x chmod.
Here's the game with the A B functions swapped as requested. vztetris140914.zip

@Gab1975, soon as I get past the basics. This game is mainly a learning experience for Love2D and GCW-Zero.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:50:35 am by vonzippenstein »

Gab1975

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 07:10:35 am »
How did you do that? Open Package Creator gives me an error and won't output the opk if I add love before the love file. If I leave the field with just the love file it makes the OPK but it won't run on the GCW-Zero since it's not actually running love. And if I unpack it, change the .desktop file, then repackage it then it won't appear on gmenu2x.

The OPC gives an error message, but it's not a "real problem"... it's enough click "OK" and the opk is made in the right way... hereunder the error message snapshot:

(I use OPC 1.1.1 and Win7 64 bit)

PS: I made an opk with your latest vztetris file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/7cnfj3
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:12:24 am by Gab1975 »

vonzippenstein

• vonzippenstein.com
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 08:28:06 am »
use OPC 1.1.1
Thanks. I was using an older version of Open Package Creator and am now able to build the opk with "love filename.love"

First I tried it out and it still wouldn't load correctly. It would load Love but not the game. I added the run.sh and run.sh~ files even though I'm not entirely sure what they do and repacked it and it still wouldn't run. Then I came back here and wrote a long frustrated and sarcastic post but before I submitted it I double checked with a changed the filename on the device and presto it worked! Changed it back to what I originally wanted then restarted and it also worked. First working love opk: vztetris150914.opk

thefifthgiant

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 03:56:25 am »
First working love opk: vztetris150914.opk

Hey that's great! Sorry I didn't get back to you on the opk issue, I hadn't checked back here in a few days. But I'm glad you got it figured out. Honestly I don't know what I am doing, I just messed around with it until it worked!  ;)

congusbongus

• congusbongusgames
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 08:00:59 am »
vzTetris is nice; why not put it in the release index?

LauweLoempia

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2019, 10:03:02 pm »
I have been playing Love2D games on my gameshell using Pico8. I imagined playing them on the GCW Zero would be similair... However I could not find Pico8 compiled for the GCW Zero. Does this mean I have to package each game into a OPK file in order to install and play them on a GCW zero?

gigabyte

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2020, 05:34:37 am »
This might be a bump, or no one might reply, but I saw a few posts about making LOVE2D OPK games, and I had to ask, how would you deal with the buttons? I'm assuming some of the OPK games mentioned here initially used keyboard controls, and I looked throw the Love2D Tetris source, and it only had keyboard controls, so how was it worked out to be used on a handheld device with different controls?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic