Author Topic: WiFi connection problems (latest official firmware from 2014-08-20)  (Read 1032 times)

Wild Penguin (OP)

Hi,

I can not connect with gcwconnect anymore. I used to, but it's been years since I've played with this thing, and obviously the WiFi settings (probably even the router) have changed.

Details:
  • The WiFi access point is working. I can connect with other devices.
  • I'm using WPA2 security.
  • I've double checked the password, by SSHing into the device via it's USB network and checking (copy-pasting the password)
  • My router log tells an IP addrress was given to the device with the same MAC address
  • I've tried with another WiFi hotspot (my smartphone) with the same result.

I've found the network connections in /media/data/local/home/.local/share/gcwconnect/networks which I can edit by hand (and verified the password this way, too!). I've reduced WLAN_DHCP_RETRIES to 2 from 20, to speed up failed attempts a bit - otherwise it takes ages as it keeps retrying.

So, it seems gcw zero does not - for some reason - think it has a proper connection (IP address? gateway? DNS?) and bails out.

The log I've got is not that helpful:

# cat gmenu2x.log
ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not permitted
udhcpc (v1.22.1) started
Process 2192 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run//avahi-autoipd.wlan0.pid)
Failed to kill daemon: No such process
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Read error: Network is down, reopening socket
No lease, failing
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wlan-dhcp exited with code 1
ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not permitted
udhcpc (v1.22.1) started
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Process 4853 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run//avahi-autoipd.wlan0.pid)
No lease, failing
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wlan-dhcp exited with code 1

Any other ideas? Any other logs I should look into?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 04:31:37 pm by Wild Penguin »
My Hocoslamfy highscore: 107. Also try Freedroid for GCW0!

Post a new topic