• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: USB Connector  (Read 4710 times)

Metal.Gamer.28 (OP)

USB Connector
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:00:39 pm »
would anyone happen to know if when you plug in the USB connector if you can use
a USB stick or an external USB hard drive for your rom files instead of using a Micro
SD Card if anyone knows if it is possible please let me know and how to do it

Aeter

Re: USB Connector
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:07:16 pm »
would anyone happen to know if when you plug in the USB connector if you can use
a USB stick or an external USB hard drive for your rom files instead of using a Micro
SD Card if anyone knows if it is possible please let me know and how to do it
Just plug it into your pc/laptop.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Senor Quack

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:17 am »
It's not possible because USB OTG is not supported yet. There were problems with some devices drawing too much current or something, I cannot recall the specifics. Until that is ever sorted out, USB is limited to charging and acting as a client device, i.e. networking to your PC.

Aeter

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:20:36 am »
Yes, but you can connect it to the pc still and use the GCW Manager application to get into your GCW and put files, games, opks on there.
Other methods are telnet, ssh, etc. Or the use of a microSD card.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Metal.Gamer.28 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 04:55:13 am »
@Aeter - i DO plug it into my laptop....i was ONLY asking this question cuz i thought that MAYBE
it would work so you could have a bigger storage for Roms and what not instead of using a micro
SD card THAT'S why and i already know about the GCW Manager as well i'm not too much of a
noob to the GCW i've had it a couple years now

@Senor Quack - ahhh okay that makes sense then kinds sucks though! it would be awesome to use USB drives
or an external hard drive on the GCW

Post a new topic
Post a new topic