• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Rollback nighty build firmware / can't activate boot mode?  (Read 711 times)

kudos (OP)

Rollback nighty build firmware / can't activate boot mode?
« on: December 12, 2020, 08:53:57 pm »
I installed the 2020-12-08 GCW-Zero nighty build from https://zcrc.me/opendingux/2020/10/13/we-have-nighties.html, and everything worked fine. Only, I've realized now that I don't like it. The biggest problem is that the thumbstick doesn't seem to be recognized anymore.

I'd like to roll back to the old 2014 GCW Zero firmware, but I can't figure out how to do it. Running the old updater OPK just gives me the message, "ERROR! Unable to update RootFS. Do you have enough space available?"

I've gotten the OpenDingux Rescue Disc v0.3 from this forum up and running, but now I can't seem to get my GCW-Zero to start in boot mode. It doesn't do anything when I hold down SELECT and then try to power it up (or when I hold START, for that matter). So the Rescue Disc just can't detect it.

Can anyone help??

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: Rollback nighty build firmware / can't activate boot mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 08:56:19 pm »
Try with a different USB cable and/or a different PC.

kudos (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 07:55:26 pm »
I've tried another cable, didn't make a difference. Unfortunately, I don't have access to another PC at the moment. I'll see what I can do about finding more cables.

How is boot mode supposed to work? Does it only activate when you've plugged the GCW Zero in via USB? Or should it be able to go into boot mode without being plugged in?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 11:42:29 am »
Try to press the reset switch while pressing SELECT, it will get into boot mode.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic