• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: R shoulder button stopped working  (Read 4970 times)

lw1234 (OP)

R shoulder button stopped working
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:18:52 am »
Hi all, everything was working great on my GCW Zero until a couple days ago when the "R" button (right shoulder button) stopped working. Worked one day, not the next. Any idea what the culprit could be, and if there's a fix? Thanks!

gmay3

Re: R shoulder button stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:25:33 pm »
Hi lw1234,

So if the r button press feels the same as it did when it was working and still doesn't work, a wire broke off. It will have to be resoldered.

If the r button press feels different then it did when it was working, the silicone rubber pad underneath might have gotten dislodged. If that's the case you'll need to take the back plate off and reseat the silicone rubber pad into the r button.
Designer - GCW Dev Team

lw1234 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:34:31 pm »
Everything still feels the same. I removed the back plate and both wires appear to still be connected. Nothing is broken off.

gmay3

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 03:24:33 pm »
Hmm it's hard to say what's wrong without looking at you actual unit. If both wires are firmly attached the mini board and also from the mini board to the main circuit board, it should be working. It could be that the PCB pad or silicone pad contact needs to be cleaned. There could be a board level hardware problem or it could also be a software problem.

These are just some suggestions to try before contacting GCW for a repair or warrantee. The Zero comes with a 1 year warranty from when you bought it as far as I know.
Designer - GCW Dev Team

Jutleys

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 02:11:43 pm »
This just happened to me whilst swapping out a memory card a small wire came off the right shoulder button i will have to resolder it they are so delicate damm.