Author Topic: Power slider removal? - SOLVED  (Read 2297 times)

Reds (OP)

Power slider removal? - SOLVED
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:36:36 am »
I'm trying to remove the PCB so I can install my new D-pad, but the instructions on how to remove the power slider are unclear. I might just be blind, but I can't see how you're supposed to get it out without almost removing the hooks entirely. Could anybody elaborate on how they removed their's?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:47:05 am by Reds »

com64

• 0x64.ca
Re: Power slider removal?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »
You don't need to remove the power slider at all (in fact, you'll probably just end up breaking it).

What you should do to remove the board is:

* Remove the joystick cap
* Remove all screws
* Unseat the speakers, L and R buttons, and the haptic motor (very carefully)
* Disconnect the LCD ribbon cable
* Starting from the top and going counter-clockwize, lift the middle section of the plastic housing so that it separates from the front housing bit by bit. Continue until you are able to lift the PCB along with it. Once the top section as well as the USB connector on the bottom have been cleared, lift the PCB towards the right and it should slide right out. Be sure to free the ribbon cable.

Reds (OP)

Re: Power slider removal?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 03:46:52 am »
You don't need to remove the power slider at all (in fact, you'll probably just end up breaking it).

What you should do to remove the board is:

* Remove the joystick cap
* Remove all screws
* Unseat the speakers, L and R buttons, and the haptic motor (very carefully)
* Disconnect the LCD ribbon cable
* Starting from the top and going counter-clockwize, lift the middle section of the plastic housing so that it separates from the front housing bit by bit. Continue until you are able to lift the PCB along with it. Once the top section as well as the USB connector on the bottom have been cleared, lift the PCB towards the right and it should slide right out. Be sure to free the ribbon cable.

Thank you, this helped greatly and I've now successfully installed my new D-pad.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic