• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Power slider plastic cover.  (Read 4261 times)

8-Brit Generation (OP)

Power slider plastic cover.
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:41:25 pm »
Whilst preparing the next GCW Zero video, I caused my power slider cover considerable irrepairable damage. The switch is fine but the toggle plastic that slides on top is gone. Is there anything I could use instead?

Cheers

com64

• 0x64.ca
Re: Power slider plastic cover.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:11:01 pm »
Do you still have what's left of it? I've had success repairing these with epoxy.

8-Brit Generation (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:57:05 pm »
Unfortunately not. I was kinda hoping I could buy a replacement or something that just works. It doesn't have to look pretty. Unfortunately creating the disassembly video was one that I really wanted to bypass doing but as there are no videos that show how hard it is to just replace the face buttons, I thought I would do one.

I kind of regret it now with the loss of the power switch as well as shearing the screw heads in the back of the console so I only have 3 screws holding it together haha.

xdplus fanatic-oopsy

• * AKA Dreamesper
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »
you're in luck... i still have in possession 3-4 white colored, empty casings that are brand new. If you are interested in collecting the remaining amount that I have on-hand, send me a PM or simply reply to this thread to discuss a future purchase.

Thanks.

Aeter

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 05:12:02 pm »
I think I people fixed it in the past with either a psp slider button replacement or a DS one.
Might want to check the forums here for past slider problems.
EDIT:Surkow mentions any generic PSP style slider should work, if you have basic soldering skills.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-help/i-think-i-broke-my-power-switch/msg137228/#msg137228
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:16:21 pm by Aeter »
~cucullus non facit monachum~

8-Brit Generation (OP)

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 10:30:10 pm »
The switch itself is fine. It is the plastic cover that slides over the top of the switch, the bit you actually push on to use the switch that has the padlock symbol on.