• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Please Help, Boots to Black Screen  (Read 5695 times)

joebro88 (OP)

Please Help, Boots to Black Screen
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:21:41 am »
Not sure what I did, but all of a sudden I can't turn on my Zero without it showing a black screen. I've tried a lot of things to reset it, but I'm not sure if anything else can help. If there's something I can try to fix it, that would be great
R.I.P. in peace

hi-ban

Re: Please Help, Boots to Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:27:15 am »
If you see the linux boot text, then black screen, you may have a corrupted OPK which makes gmenu2x to crash.
In that case, FTP to your unit and delete all the OPKs of your apps folder, then try to reboot.

If it still doesn't work, try to delete all the files inside the following folders:

/media/data/local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/emulators/
/media/data/local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/games/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:31:02 am by hi-ban »

joebro88 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:38:07 am »
Is there still a way to connect over usb with the system like this?
R.I.P. in peace

hi-ban

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:45:55 am »
if you still see the boot text before the black screen, yes.

With your unit turned on, use any FTP client, like Filezilla, or try deleting your OPKs with the GCW Zero Manager.

Also, if you have an external microSD card plugged to your unit, remove it before trying anything else. If the corrupted OPK is there, then your unit will boot fine with the microSD card removed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:48:52 am by hi-ban »

joebro88 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:50:58 am »
Okay, I can see the text before the black screen. Filezilla doesn't recognize it like always though
R.I.P. in peace

hi-ban

joebro88 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 02:02:05 am »
Thanks, I'll try everything soon!
R.I.P. in peace

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:07:55 pm »
If you see the linux boot text, then black screen, you may have a corrupted OPK which makes gmenu2x to crash.
In that case, FTP to your unit and delete all the OPKs of your apps folder, then try to reboot.

If it still doesn't work, try to delete all the files inside the following folders:

/media/data/local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/emulators/
/media/data/local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/games/

I had encountered an issue while testing some legacy dingux apps where I got a black screen, but I was able to make the screen come back by changing sections (L or R). IIRC, it was the icon that I assigned which was causing the screen to go black, rather than the app itself (I think the problem occurred after assigning an icon).

Gmenu2x boots to the Applications section, so if changing sections brings the screen back, the offending OPK (or possibly just its icon) would be in that section, and the proper files to delete would be in /media/data/local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/applications/, right?
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

algorithm

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 09:42:36 pm »
I know this topic has not had any updates for quite some time, but if you are considering getting the GPD Q9, Go for the Blazetab plus (It is a rebranded Q9) and considerably cheaper. ?100 or so.

Post a new topic