Author Topic: Odd GCW Issues--Won't boot up  (Read 4011 times)

hyperbeatrice (OP)

Odd GCW Issues--Won't boot up
« on: January 11, 2019, 06:21:06 pm »
Hello everyone!

I got my GCW zero around 2014 from thinkgeek. It worked for a good while, but when I pulled it back out to play it again (after charging it), the device will not turn on, though the green LED is constantly on (and cannot be turned off except for pressing the reset button). I tried the reset button a couple of times--both times, the device boots up, goes to the home screen, and I can use it for about 5 seconds before the screen goes all wacky and goes black again. Now the reset button doesn't work at all, and the green LED still taunts me. Any ideas on how to fix this? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Cooper

Re: Odd GCW Issues--Won't boot up
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 08:21:25 pm »
Looks like I have the same issue. Was able to flash the unit (a number of times, including full flash to a new SD card). The progress is that now it shows the GCW logo at boot, but doesn't go any further. Below is the photo of boot sequence at which everything stops. Does anybody have any ideas?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 10:02:27 pm »
Hello everyone!

I got my GCW zero around 2014 from thinkgeek. It worked for a good while, but when I pulled it back out to play it again (after charging it), the device will not turn on, though the green LED is constantly on (and cannot be turned off except for pressing the reset button). I tried the reset button a couple of times--both times, the device boots up, goes to the home screen, and I can use it for about 5 seconds before the screen goes all wacky and goes black again. Now the reset button doesn't work at all, and the green LED still taunts me. Any ideas on how to fix this? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

That looks like a dead battery to me.

Cooper

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:45:18 am »
Well, at least in my unit this issue is definitely not related to the battery - tested it.

Post a new topic