Author Topic: I'm looking for a battery like Zero to replace. 2200mAh or more.  (Read 1864 times)

lehnax (OP)

Where I can buy a battery with the same size like zero (110mm x 34mm x 4mm).
I searched on dx, aliexpress, alibaba but any has the same size.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:23:01 pm by lehnax »

gmay3

Re: I'm looking for a battery like Zero to replace. 2200mAh or more.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »
Are you looking to replace the internal one for some reason or are you looking for a second battery as a backup? Have you looked into any external rechargeable battery packs used to charge up cellphones on the go?
Designer - GCW Dev Team

lehnax (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:51:32 am »
To replace.
There are many lithium polymer batteries, but none of the ones I saw fits on GCW Zero.

gmay3

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 05:58:33 pm »
If you're looking to replace the battery with the same lithium polymer cell, get in touch with Justin because he is in contact with the factory that made the lithium polymer cells that are inside the Zero. I did a search and wasn't able to find off the shelf alternatives. This is because the factories will customize the dimensions of the battery to fit the application.

If you're looking to replace the battery with a higher mAh capacity cell that lasts longer you probably won't be able to fit it inside the Zero. Since the battery is one lithium polymer cell, the maximum voltage is fixed so to make the batteries last longer, they increase the volume of the cell. The total volume of the lithium polymer cell is directly related to the capacity (mAh) of the battery.
Designer - GCW Dev Team

lehnax (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:43:18 am »
Thanks for the reply gmay3.
My first thought was contact with Justin, but then I thought that the factory doesn't sell batteries per unit.

Maybe I'm wrong.
I will follow your advice.

Thanks again.

PD: By other way this could a good replace: http://pcykj.en.alibaba.com/product/696995024-210424439/hot_sale_2500mah_3_7v_551430_li_polymer_battery_for_digital_products.html

gmay3

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:21 pm »
No problem, happy to help. Yeah I don't think Justin would be able to get just one but if there were a lot of people interested in getting an extra to save for the future he might be able to put together a smaller order maybe 50 or so. He would know the details of that.

Good find! The dimension I'm most worried about is the thickness but plastic is flexible right?  ;D
Designer - GCW Dev Team

Post a new topic