Author Topic: How to remove the shell case from GCW Zero unit?  (Read 1245 times)

Eliwood_san (OP)

How to remove the shell case from GCW Zero unit?
« on: March 09, 2022, 11:25:01 pm »
I have a kickstarter GCW Zero 16 gb edition and i want to remove the all the shell case from my unit and put the motherboard ingenic to retroflag pi case

How i do this mod? its possible to change it?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 11:29:58 pm by Eliwood_san »

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: How to remove the shell case from GCW Zero unit?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 04:34:25 pm »
This wiki page shows you a number of disassembly tutorials.

I can't comment on the motherboard fitting a RetroFlag Pi case.

Eliwood_san (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 07:01:28 pm »

Thanks for the wiki dissamble its the difficult part because the battery its solder to the motherboard,but i want to know if i can put it in a retroflag pi gameboy handheld? im asking because the shell of my gcw zero its broken and i doesnt seem for ebay or another page to buy a original shell gcw zero.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 11:41:54 pm »

Thanks for the wiki dissamble its the difficult part because the battery its solder to the motherboard,but i want to know if i can put it in a retroflag pi gameboy handheld? im asking because the shell of my gcw zero its broken and i doesnt seem for ebay or another page to buy a original shell gcw zero.
I do not think it fits the RetroFlag Pi Gameboy shell. However, replacement shells were a thing for a while for the GCW Zero. Some of the third party stores had inventory. Not sure if anything is left from the stock they held.

Eliwood_san (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 09:07:37 pm »
Its bit sad i have a full working motherboard GCW Zero and i cant use it. Get a replamecent shell and button power for the GCW Zero its super difficul to obtain. Sure i have the switch button from psp but to move to on/off the slider psp button i need something to cover it... :( :-\

Post a new topic
Post a new topic