Author Topic: How to remove the shell case from GCW Zero unit?  (Read 1594 times)

Eliwood_san (OP)

How to remove the shell case from GCW Zero unit?
« on: March 09, 2022, 11:25:01 pm »
I have a kickstarter GCW Zero 16 gb edition and i want to remove the all the shell case from my unit and put the motherboard ingenic to retroflag pi case

How i do this mod? its possible to change it?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 11:29:58 pm by Eliwood_san »

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: How to remove the shell case from GCW Zero unit?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 04:34:25 pm »
This wiki page shows you a number of disassembly tutorials.

I can't comment on the motherboard fitting a RetroFlag Pi case.

Eliwood_san (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 07:01:28 pm »

Thanks for the wiki dissamble its the difficult part because the battery its solder to the motherboard,but i want to know if i can put it in a retroflag pi gameboy handheld? im asking because the shell of my gcw zero its broken and i doesnt seem for ebay or another page to buy a original shell gcw zero.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 11:41:54 pm »

Thanks for the wiki dissamble its the difficult part because the battery its solder to the motherboard,but i want to know if i can put it in a retroflag pi gameboy handheld? im asking because the shell of my gcw zero its broken and i doesnt seem for ebay or another page to buy a original shell gcw zero.
I do not think it fits the RetroFlag Pi Gameboy shell. However, replacement shells were a thing for a while for the GCW Zero. Some of the third party stores had inventory. Not sure if anything is left from the stock they held.

Eliwood_san (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 09:07:37 pm »
Its bit sad i have a full working motherboard GCW Zero and i cant use it. Get a replamecent shell and button power for the GCW Zero its super difficul to obtain. Sure i have the switch button from psp but to move to on/off the slider psp button i need something to cover it... :( :-\

lemmywinks

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 12:21:45 am »
Do the shells for the v1 Playgo / Pocletgo 2 fit the GCW? If you're in the UK I have a one for sale with buttons etc, it's currently on eBay.

The board for this model of Playgo had GCW Zero written on it so worth checking if it's compatible as you'll probably find it easier to get a spares/repairs one of those than the GCW.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Post a new topic