• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Having issues with the Genesis Plus GX  (Read 6410 times)

SNES72 (OP)

Having issues with the Genesis Plus GX
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:19:28 am »
I installed the opk - Genesis Plus GX earlier, and it was working great. I tested out a few roms and was perfect.

I went in loaded some more roms, and now it won't open.

Would the new roms be causing the issue? I haven't even been able to get to the screen where I can select a rom as it keeps booting me out.

I tried deleting the opk, and re-installing to no avail.

Any help appreciated if anyone has insight as to how to fix it

Thank you!

gameblabla

Re: Having issues with the Genesis Plus GX
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:18:27 am »
Try to remove config.ini from genesis plus gx's home folder ?

If you are using Filezilla to transfer your files over the GCW0, make sure to set the transfer type to Binary and not Auto or ASCII,
they can break your roms.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:20:23 am by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

SNES72 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:58:47 pm »
How do I remove that file? I am currently using Cyberduck to transfer all the OPK's and the roms.

The other emulators work and launch just fine, and so do the roms, but not sure what happened with this one. When I try to launch it, it brings me to another screen, and when I hit "A" it crashes.

I noticed when going into the settings that it has a path under selector directory - I may have messed that up too, is there a way to fix it?

I am not sure what's causing it, but it was working so well when I first had the OPK installed, and now it's not...

SNES72 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 08:18:22 pm »
Update: I have tried everything to get this working.

Here is a screenshot of the FTP and files & where they are placed.

With the genplus.opk, when I try to open the emulator, it takes me to a bunch of folders instead of opening up the actual emulator - so does that mean it's not finding it? Then when I hit select and go to: Edit Genesis GX plus, & the selector directory - I reset that, and toggle selector browser to on, when I select it, it looks like it's trying to find it, but it won't open.

I also am having trouble finding the file config.ini - I have looked everything and can't find the darn thing.

So as of now, I cannot get this working.

Additionally, with Pico Drive, I have updated the rom extensions to .smd, and it won't find them either.

I was wondering if perhaps I am putting the roms or the OPK files in the wrong folder. I have attached a screenshot of the FTP files on my Mac.

If anyone can please enlighten me on how to fix this, that would be great, thank you!
Jenny
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:20:22 pm by SNES72 »

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:34 pm »
Be sure to enable "show hidden files" and "binary mode" in your FTP client of choice (those are options available in Filezilla).

This might help you understand the directory structure on your GCW Zero.

If you want to reset the configuration files of Genesis Plus GX be sure to visit "/media/home/" and delete the appropriate directory. It will be regenerated upon starting the program.

SNES72 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:10:13 pm »
Thanks for the help!

I was able to get roms on the pico drive working, and enabled show hidden files in Cyberduck.

I am able to navigate to media/home/ in the FTP - should I be navigating to that inside the device itself?

I am still  having issues finding the config.ini file, it's literally nowhere to be found.

Additionally, I don't have a micro SD card installed yet, I am assuming that wouldn't affect anything?

thank you for helping a newbie

SNES72 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:18:10 pm »
Just to clarify, when using the DinguxCmdr center, and navigating to the files, that's what I see - of course I could be navigating to the wrong area...

Also in the Genesis GX Plus, I have tried going into the settings, edit Genesis GX plus, and the selector directory always says: :/media and the selector browser is on.

I have tried resetting the selector directory path, leaving the browser on, relaunching, and it always says the same thing: /media

Is there a way to manually fix the path since I can't seem to find the config.ini file? I've attached a screenshot of the command center file navigation that I am seeing on my end...

Also - I am finding gmenu2x.config but no config.init file...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:33:26 pm by SNES72 »

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:19:24 pm »
@SNES72, it should be a ".application_name" directory inside the home directory where the config files reside in.

SNES72 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 11:09:40 pm »
i have sifted through almost every file and can't find it... is there a way someone can tell me the exact extension? And I am looking via the Dingux Cmdr - should I be doing this via FTP?

gameblabla

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 04:09:50 pm »
So the issue was really stupid but not so obvious to someone who never used it.

The new version of Genesis Plus GX now uses the internal file browser to select a Genesis Rom.
The problem was that SNES72 put them in the wrong folder as that folder is hidden by the file browser.
So he needs to move them to the home directory for example.
Another issue was the extension, it only takes the .md extension.

Now knowing this, he should be able to use it.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

SNES72 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 05:11:30 pm »
Thank you SO much!!! that totally fixed the issue, I actually created a folder and placed it in the sd card folder section, and now it works!! ugh I was racking my brain trying to figure out where that init.config file was, and it was nowhere. All along it had to do with where the roms were located.

Thanks again for the help!!

Jenny

Post a new topic