• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GB Green/Yellow  (Read 3975 times)

KeroBlasterMaster (OP)

GB Green/Yellow
« on: June 09, 2018, 11:10:38 pm »
Into Gameboy emulation.  Not really into anything after.
Looking for durability, not looking for anything other than green/yellow look.

GCWZ really did this well until the console bricked.  (the green-yellow picture was just beautiful.)  I would get another but they seem rare.
Tried bivert module on a GB Pocket, worked for awhile, but it short circuited and bricked.  Again though the green/yellow was perfect on it.

The Gameboy advance sp is the most durable but does not have the yellow/green color that I seek.  Plays original Gameboy games with a color filter.

I hope this makes sense.  Any suggestions?

Maybe just wait for a GB Classic?  I do want for some programming though.  dunno if the classic could be programmable.

hi-ban

Re: GB Green/Yellow
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 01:18:12 am »
Have you tried reflashing the firmware? Replacing the internal SD card?
Maybe even trying to clone the contents of an SD card from a working GCW Zero?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:22:07 am by hi-ban »

Xaijiqq

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »
the two i use for a nice game boy yellow/green color are: gcw or gpd xd.  theres an emulator you can get for the xd called pizza boy it has full palette customizing works great, if a little too flexible hehe, similar to bgb emulator.  i like retroarchs dmg shader but seems outdated for the xd i'm sure it works for gpd win.  retroarch has an ugly default green

i would consider getting an rs-97 if the game boy emulator has a good yellow/green color option but does it?

KeroBlasterMaster (OP)

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:47:32 pm »
XiaJiqq, what about the XD Plus?

Xaijiqq

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 10:57:41 pm »
eventually i may upgrade to the plus for the brighter screen the xd i thought the 'crt sharp' overlay on mame was too dim on highest brightness settings.  also curious about the xd2