• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: WTB: White GCW Zero  (Read 1922 times)

zerodeefex (OP)

WTB: White GCW Zero
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:54:26 am »
I'd like to pick up a second one but in white. If anyone is thinking of selling theirs, I'm interested.

Mar8

Aeter

Re: WTB: White GCW Zero
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:28:21 pm »
To be honest I think $250 is too much. SE is just an internal sd card upgrade.
You're better off buying a regular one when new stock gets in and get an sd card, as sd cards are cheap.
The buttons aren't that expensive either.
I understand why he's asking that price, with supply and demand and all, but still.

If in Europe get the regular white version for ?100.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:36:58 pm by Aeter »
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Mar8

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »
You're better off buying a regular one when new stock gets in and get an sd card, as sd cards are cheap.
I understand why he's asking that price, with supply and demand and all, but still.
@Aeter
 I don't think it's just supply and demand. Did you read it?
 It's brand-new which from Ithic would probably cost around 220 total w/shipping, and he's also throwing in brand-new 3-D printed buttons and Dpads. (which Cost anywhere between $20-$30 as well)

Doesn't sound like he's trying to make a profit when you add it up.

ALSO,  how many times have we heard that they're going to restock?! It's been like six or seven months at least. Hopefully the GCW zero isn't dying off.  But it kind of looks like it

Aeter

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »
@Aeter
 It's brand-new which from Ithic would probably cost around 220 total w/shipping, and he's also throwing in brand-new 3-D printed buttons and Dpads. (which Cost anywhere between $20-$30 as well)

ALSO,  how many times have we heard that they're going to restock?! It's been like six or seven months at least. Hopefully the GCW zero isn't dying off.  But it kind of looks like it
I think you have no clue what a regular GCW0 goes for.
Yes this is SE, but SE is nothing but another name and a larger SD-CARD.
Sorry, but I own a regular GCW0 and would never pay this much for an SE. Ithic has overpriced them as well.
You are better off buying the regular one and just putting in a new internal SD and new buttons, if you even need new ones. Not all GCW0s are defective you know.

Quickman

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 12:53:46 am »
@Aeter

I think you have no clue what a regular GCW0 goes for.
Yes this is SE, but SE is nothing but another name and a larger SD-CARD.
Sorry, but I own a regular GCW0 and would never pay this much for an SE. Ithic has overpriced them as well.
You are better off buying the regular one and just putting in a new internal SD and new buttons, if you even need new ones. Not all GCW0s are defective you know.
Easy man. There's no reason to call someone out and say they "have no clue". Everyone on this forum knows how much a GCW zero costs. And the thing is I completely agree with @Mar8.
If you add up the cost he's obviously not trying to turn a profit.
-Regular brand-new zeros go for $150. (IF you can even find one.. which they've been out of stock almost everywhere since the end of last year)
-Special Edition units go for $200 USED often times. And are rare to find at all, let alone brand-new.
So the fact that he's charging 250 for a brand-new special edition GCW zero with separate new buttons and D pad, and calculating shipping cost/insurance... $250 is far from overpriced.

he even stated he's just trying to make his money back.  I'd call BS if he were charging 300, but he's not.

Finally, it's a nightmare to open a GCW0. Nobody wants to do it. So to make it sound like it's not worth the money because you could just "easily" drop in a bigger SD card is by far misleading.

Mar8

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 01:00:58 am »
@Quickman thanks man.  It's people like you and the awesome developers that will keep me coming back to this forum.  Pointless arguments and snide comments such as his aren't worth my time.   Hopefully everyone can get their hands on a zero And just live happily ever after 😝😘
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:33:11 am by Mar8 »

Aeter

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »
@Quickman thanks man.  It's people like you and the awesome developers that will keep me coming back to this forum.  Pointless arguments and snide comments such as his aren't worth my time.   Hopefully everyone can get their hands on a zero And just live happily ever after 😝😘
Hey man, no hard feelings, I think you're a great addition to the community. Perhaps saying you have no clue about GCW0 pricing was too harsh, I apologize for that.

But what I was referring to was that there is another GCW0 for sale, white regular one as new, for only ?100.
So that's why I suggested that would be the better buy as you can change the internal SD card which basically turns your regular GCW0 into an SE edition, just without the SE label on it.

I also thought I mentioned the ?100 GCW0 in my other post, but I see now that I forgot that part.

I just think ?250 is a lot for a GCW0 that has a different label on it and a 32GB internal SD card.
And you guys are right, it's not outrageously expensive, considering shipping and new buttons are included indeed. But I'd rather buy a regular GCW0 for ?100 and just upgrade it myself as ?100 is a really good deal for a as new regular version.

Here's the URL for the regular white edition: http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/for-sale-white-gcw-zero-as-new/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:37:04 pm by Aeter »

Mar8

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 08:36:27 pm »
 I agree that the one from Ireland is possibly a better deal overall, but some people actually want a brand-new unit with the convenience of it being a special edition (so they don't have to open it up and risk breaking their zero from  attempting to upgrade the SD card). That alone might trigger someone to purchase something that seems more expensive and less practical...  Because it's more ideal, convenient, and not "like-new", but actually brand-new. 

If I lived outside of United States then the one from Ireland would be choice. But if I lived in the United States?? I would absolutely go with the one from the United States. Having to go through customs and be touched/Inspected by Many people, is just not my cup of tea.  I'd rather go with a brand-new one.

Also, no harm done.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic