I opened this thread as we don't yet have a wiki (we're working on it) and I felt the need of listing the basic device operation manual for the people who already received their SE units. Feel free to post your own questions/bug reports in here.
Before first use:
* GCW units come with two layers of screen protection. First is for protection during the shipment and the second is to protect the screen bezel.
Please remove them both before the use, since they aren't made to be scratch resistant (unlike the actual bezel under them) and it might lower your gaming experience Is it necessary to remove them? Or is the top-one actually scratch resistant? Can someone confirm?
* powering off using the power slider might result in locking the device and the necessity of using the reset button. Until this issue is fixed, if you want to turn off your device, please do it by using the "Power Off" icon in the program selection menu (located in "settings" category)
* sometimes the analog joystick might not be detected by a game. Please exit the game and launch it again to fix it (assuming the game is made to use the analog in the first place). This is a purely software issue and there is no need to worry it might be a hardware defect fixed
* the preinstalled game "Powder" might sometimes stop responding during a multi-line text message. A way to exit the game in this situation is to use the Power + SELECT action (see Button combinations)
We are working hard on fixing all the mentioned bugs and issues, as well as improving your gaming experience with the GCW Zero. Once a fix is ready, we will release a firmware update.
At any moment of a program, GCW lets you trigger a button combination to perform a range of actions.
The first step is to press and hold the Power Slider in the up position. After that you need to press another button(s).
Here is the list of supported combinations:
* Power + D-PAD Up/Down: change sound volume
* Power + D-PAD Left/Right: change screen brightness
* Power + B: enable/disable mouse emulation (for games that use it)
* Power + SELECT - terminate the currently running program and return to the program selection menu (NOTE: this should be always used in case of a program hang. Only resort to the hard reset button in case the Power + SELECT combo does not help!)
* Power + wait 3sec: poweroff the device. NOTE: this is known to be buggy (see known bugs). It is recommented to turn off via a menu option instead
How to install a new game/program:
In most cases it's as simple as copying the opk of the program to "/data/apps" (internal memory) or "/apps" (external memory).
Programs requiring 3rd party data might need extra steps covered in their own README files.