• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Screen protector.  (Read 3903 times)

CREEPINGIRON (OP)

Screen protector.
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:29:31 am »
Where can you get a 3.5" matte screen protector to put on the screen? After rewatching WMG'S review, I decided it would be a good thing to have when (if) I get one, even if I don't have a GCW-ZERO I think it would be helpful for others looking to improve their consoles.

Aeter

Re: Screen protector.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:59:32 pm »
Check out hori screen protectors and choose one large enough so you always cut it to the right size.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

CREEPINGIRON (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:49:51 pm »
Do you know the horizontal and vertical dimensions of the screen in inches?

Aeter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:32 pm »
No clue, hence why I said just by a bigger one and cut to size. Or just measure it with ruler or some shit. I don't know, imma have another beer. Cheers.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:52:33 pm »
My device's default screen protector became too much scratched and increasingly bulged. I'm looking for a replacement of it. Anyone know a protector for phone with a similar screen size that could fit screen of GCW Zero perfectly?

Drem

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 12:36:39 am »
Still need this desperatedly. Having GPD Win 2 almost a year now, I still playing on my GCW Zero in NES and SNES games (currently completing original tetralogy of Dragon Quests). Last layer of my unit's default protector started to peel off the screen, so I've got some light scratches on the screen and noticed some dust particles managed to get under it already. Need to go to our city's largest fleamarket and search for protectors for comparable screens of old cellphones. Considering the scratches, though they are arguable light ones, now I should invest in buying the replacement screen at some point anyway.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 02:55:41 am »
Still need this desperatedly. Having GPD Win 2 almost a year now, I still playing on my GCW Zero in NES and SNES games (currently completing original tetralogy of Dragon Quests). Last layer of my unit's default protector started to peel off the screen, so I've got some light scratches on the screen and noticed some dust particles managed to get under it already. Need to go to our city's largest fleamarket and search for protectors for comparable screens of old cellphones. Considering the scratches, though they are arguable light ones, now I should invest in buying the replacement screen at some point anyway.
The screen is behind the bezel. The screen protector is on top of the bezel (some units even had two). Are you sure a replacement screen is required?

Drem

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 01:08:25 am »
The screen is behind the bezel. The screen protector is on top of the bezel (some units even had two). Are you sure a replacement screen is required?
Right, I've forgot about it. Still, I think that if I want to keep this little thing alive for ages yet to come, I should buy one at some point.

(Strictly accidentaly, my Win 2 screen encountered a backlit problem yesterday, so I'm back to Zero & Sony VAIO P once again unit I'll fix it.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 01:10:19 am by Drem »