• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: PR of GCW???  (Read 1654 times)

Yertle (OP)

• !
PR of GCW???
« on: June 12, 2015, 03:46:42 pm »
Craig Strother is claiming that he is the PR of GCW on the Kickstarter page. Here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gcw/gcw-zero-open-source-gaming-handheld/comments?cursor=10147582#comment-10147581

To my knowledge, he hasn't had any communication with the public for over 4 months yet he is still claiming to be PR. I'm not sure what the hold up is on new retail units but there are multiple people asking on the GCW Zero Facebook page about where they can buy a new GCW Zero and no one is replying(publicly anyway). These are new potential customers or even new developers and they are getting ignored. This is the job of the GCW PR and it's not getting done. Justin Barwick originally said new retail units would be in stock at the end of May and then he changed the date to the beginning of June but retailers still don't have stock and he obviously doesn't see the importance of updating the public with what is going on.

I believe Surkow is in charge of the Facebook page and has done quite a bit of true PR but has never called himself PR. This just seems really confusing and I don't think it's a good idea to be ignoring new potential customers or developers.

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: PR of GCW???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:15:56 pm »
Honestly, I answered a large number of questions at Facebook already regarding restocking - despite not knowing more about it than the average person. I'll update the page when I notice stock has been received by a number of the stores.

Yertle (OP)

• !
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 10:51:24 pm »
It's nothing bad against you Surkow. I know you can only share information that you are given yourself. I always thought you were the true PR because I've seen you more than anyone else doing PR that wasn't on Kickstarter. You've answered a lot of questions and put up with more than anyone should. If GCW is going to succeed and grow, they need to figure out how to communicate and my point was that they are claiming to have a PR person but that person has been completely silent and absent for 4 months and has only made his presence known on Kickstarter.

zear

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 12:14:44 am »
And who cares about that? How is KickStarter even related to anything but updates about the status of backer pledges?
Website/Facebook/Twitter is where the real updates happen, and we are in control of those sites. If me, Surkow or some other dev gets any update from Justin, be sure we will let everybody know.

To me, it looks like you're trying to brew another pointless drama.
I am closing this thread now, before it derails.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic