Author Topic: How about a contest? To shake the things here.  (Read 17111 times)

theweirdn8

Re: How about a contest? To shake the things here.
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2014, 07:20:29 pm »

We can go beyond Super Sayan as a community though...

Optimus

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2014, 12:02:12 pm »
Good PS1 emulator should be possible. The Caanoo version that is 3 times slower than the GCW0, could play some 2d well enough and 3d slower but more playable speeds than in the past. The Pandora that might be 50% faster than GCW0 plays PS1 really fast. I think the machine can do it. But it needs work. A straight port is slow or doesn't work well. Maybe in few years.

But yeah, I am more interested for original homebrew in this compo, even though some well improved or new emulators would be a positive surprise.

wepecko

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2014, 12:45:02 pm »
I would also like to see the category for system enhancements. for example support for vibrations, overall joystick/mouse support through all application (which I miss most right now), sleep/hibernate function, finishing the HDMI connection etc...

Malleus

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2014, 03:51:10 pm »
Good PS1 emulator should be possible.

CPU - 32-bit MIPS (33mhz)
I havent heard of any MIPS to MIPS recompiling emulation core except the one in Daedalus PSP, which prolly would need extensive work to make more portable. :/ I'd LOVE for it to happen though!
IF someone would manage to port it though.. wow!

Malleus

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2014, 03:58:40 pm »
Good PS1 emulator should be possible.

CPU - 32-bit MIPS (33mhz)
I havent heard of any MIPS to MIPS recompiling emulation core except the one in Daedalus PSP (N64 emulator for PSP), which prolly would need extensive work to make portable and usable for PSX. :/ I'd LOVE for it to happen though!

Optimus

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 11:17:41 am »
I am still curious how PSP pulls it off. People claim they have perfect PS1 and good N64. I have seen some videos that are fast, some are very slow, can't decide. And I have a PSP which I have still not unlocked (that's why I hate those commercial consoles for emulation and prefer openhandhelds, so many bother and didn't succeed and then didn't bother to unlock) so I cannot test. But PSP with it's 233Mhz processor (MIPS?) and GPU, how did they do it? Ok,. no GPU in some openhandhelds, but Caanoo with a good ARM at 533Mhz (and overclocked at 800) also has GPU, but the software rendering version of PCSXreARMed is much better but still not there. Is it a MIPS to MIPS dynarec on PSP that makes the magic? Or just good programming and people taking care of a good emul? Can't it be easilly ported?

Optimus

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:05 am »
I think my next post will be about the contest, sorry for being out of subject here.

RodrigoCard (OP)

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2014, 03:41:54 pm »
So... is someone interested in helping with the organization and holding the funds.....??

ker

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2014, 07:23:30 pm »
So... is someone interested in helping with the organization and holding the funds.....??

I've never organized something similar, but I offer myself.

Eliwood_san

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2014, 01:51:51 am »
Any news about the contest?

RodrigoCard (OP)

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:25 pm »
no time till august

you can keep giving ideias here anyway...

Optimus

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 05:52:31 pm »
Well, at least I'll have more time after August to dedicate to GCW0.

Post a new topic