• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Hey Pardue! Could you be a dear?  (Read 75404 times)

Pliskron

Re: Hey Pardue! Could you be a dear?
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:34 am »
I'm not going to forget. I've permanently soured on this project

johnnyonflame

« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2013, 06:10:19 am »
ty of one time or another.

From the KS page comments, Justin has said that there WAS an apology and that he DOES pay the developers. Put that scandal to rest. (Probably a pittance but still more than most other OS projects)

As far as I have read, there are small 'bonusses' given.
No hourly wage or anything coming even close to what he would cost were he hired staff.

Bullshit, I'm not going to discuss in-depth about my income here, but Justin actually pays me better than anything I would get around here, with freedom or working whenever I want, wherever I want.
There are also some small bonuses, but these are but extras.

GrandTheftConsole

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2013, 06:40:40 am »
What the hell is everyone's problem here? I said "what I read". I don't care either way. You guys obviously deserve it, no one is hating on the development guys. relax. chill out. I read wrong apparently.

Prophet

« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2013, 07:41:16 am »
C'mon everyone... just take a breather.

We have seen the photos (thanks Articus) of the boxes of Zeros being flashed etc. Things are progressing. Slowly, but surely.

lemmywinks

« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2013, 09:10:07 am »
What the hell is everyone's problem here? I said "what I read". I don't care either way. You guys obviously deserve it, no one is hating on the development guys. relax. chill out. I read wrong apparently.

No you didn't, the quote I remember was this:
I am working on OpenDingux on my free time, and I am not paid for the GCW Zero port (although I got a tip).....

From this thread:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/re-official-gcw-zero-updates-sound-stutter/15/

Would sorta indicate that it was more of a token gesture than a proper wage, that's how I read it anyway.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Inertia

« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2013, 10:01:53 am »
Just to be sure, the SE's wont be sended before the KS?
Justin is making a huge invoice off all the units so we won't get our SE before any KS backers who are in the boat for like 4 month max?...
disapointed... :(

fukes

« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2013, 10:20:49 am »
Just to be sure, the SE's wont be sended before the KS?
Justin is making a huge invoice off all the units so we won't get our SE before any KS backers who are in the boat for like 4 month max?...
disapointed... :(

Sorry Inertia - but i've got no idea what any of that meant?
"Justin is making a huge invoice off all the units so we won't get our SE before any KS backers" ??

Inertia

« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2013, 10:23:26 am »
I just want to know if the SE will be flashed and sended at very first, before all the KS flash are finished, or if justin will just go one time at the post office and ship them all together.

fukes

« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2013, 10:25:43 am »
Ah gotcha - then you missed my post yesterday. I emailed Justin and had a positive reply about that very question ;)

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/gcw-delivery/msg72021/#msg72021

Inertia

« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2013, 10:31:53 am »
yep I have missed it :)
thank you Fukes :)
And it's cool if the SE's are sended first :)
now waiting for confirmation email:)

gcw

• http://GCW-Zero.com
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2013, 12:15:23 am »
I've taken a bashing for a long time and listened to conspiracy theories and outright lies and slander against me and my actions.

The SE pre-order models raised around a total of 21K which out of that PayPal took it upon themselves to freeze 8K and not allow access to which leaves about 13K.

Out of that 13K refunds have been given which equal about 2.5 to 3K so we are down to 9 or 10K raised.

From day one the first prototype shown to where we are now other than final production of retail and Kick starter Models has been 90% funded by me and my Personal savings.

Would this have put a damper on the production of the SE maybe a month to month and half while I waited for one of my savings to mature to the point I could access it to continue.

Am I grateful for the SE early adopters yes very much so but it would not have stopped my dream of a console just delayed it for a bit.

If I was out to make a quick buck on this venture I would have continued to take pre-orders after the 150 SE orders or setup a store to sale the GCW-Zero after the Kick Starter.

This venture has been time consuming and exhausting at time but very fulfilling none the less at the same time. As for mistakes yes I've made quite a few in the last year and a half but when you have never done anything like this you have no clue what to expect or what delays will befall you or delay?s that will get in your way.

One of my faults was going silent on Dingoonity I was never forbidden by the developers or anyone from posting on Dingoonity. I just noticed it didn't matter what I said, did or showed it did not make a difference there would always be the select few that had conspiracy theories or would say it was a scam or just plain try to stir the point and get the forums going.

I needed to focus on the main goal of the project to get a console out in people?s hands and handling and defending and rebuttal of conspiracies and the like detoured me from actually applying my time to that goal and making sure we had the extra software the console needed via licensing etc.

I've also been accused of taking advantage of my developers and not paying them, that is also very untrue and taken way out of context by an argument that Ayla and Pardue should have never had in public and should have been handled internally.

I addressed this more than once here and this will be last time I address it. Both parties are at fault for their actions and statements on the forums both parties are adults and should have handled the situation in a private manner. I've discussed my feelings on the matter to both of them and feel the issue is a closed matter.

Do I feel the early adopters aka SE pre-orders deserve something special for waiting and believing in the project when it just started you darn right I do. Hence most of all the extras given on the Kick starter were given to the SE orders.
 In closing I value you all for believing in the project and making the dream a reality thank you thank you thank you.

Prophet

« Reply #211 on: May 27, 2013, 12:31:51 am »
Nice post, Justin. It's great to see you back on the board here.

Keep up the good work. Looks like units are very close to shipping now, and sounds like SE users will receive a nice bonus package.

RupeeClock

« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2013, 12:37:05 am »
Thanks for speaking up Justin, I've always had a bit more faith in what you're trying to do, and I understand if you make mistakes from inexperience.
I think maybe all that needed to happen was to keep people informed on the status of their goods, maybe as the SE pre-orders were concerned you could've kept a mailing list handy if you needed to let every pre-ordered know something regarding a delay or complication.

ruffnutts

« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2013, 12:54:38 am »
Well said mate, nice to see your back love the GCW Zero console its goner do well.. there's no doubt about that ;D

Ritz

« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2013, 01:07:47 am »
Thanks for your post, Justin. Watching the dream come true is, indeed, awesome!

Bulldog64

« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2013, 02:18:36 am »
Thanks Justin, both the update and your presence here are much appreciated. =)

(Especially in light of the "rubbing salt in the wounds" party currently taking place over on the KS comments forum regarding the long suffering SE pre-order people...led by a certain google-eyed, wet behind the ears johnny come lately...who has been spoiled with plentiful updates all along.)

Just saying it here as I'm not allowed to comment on their forum (as I'm not one of the privileged "red carpet treatment" Kickstarters), and I know he'll be over here looking for more stones to throw, and so will be reading it anyway...

Was really getting tired of the snide comments being made about the good SE people on the KS board, so again, thanks for remembering your long lost sheep and finally coming back to Dingoonity and throwing us a bone Justin. The extras are nice, but what we really need most is reliable first hand communication in the form of regular updates from you personally.

Here's hoping this isn't a one shot deal, but in any case thanks for all yours efforts to keep the dream alive Justin. Almost there! =)

retroman

« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2013, 02:48:28 am »
Go Justin! I believe in GCW 8)

Yrx

« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:11 am »
Welcome back! Much appreciated.

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2013, 05:03:35 am »
I look forward to being able to purchase a Zero.  Hopefully they'll start rolling out to resellers before too long.  :)

Sensei

« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »
Nice to have you back here Justin.  I hope you are recovering from your flu.

I know it is hard to come here often and it looks like things like you say fall on deaf ears.  But really you commenting on here every how and then does a world of good.

There will always be 3 camps:

1. The true believers.  ("I have plenty of things to do until it's done, take your time!"
2. The opposite. ("He took our money and ran.  These are no units.  There is no factory.  China isn't real!")

But the overwhelming majority of the people here (and on KS) fall in the middle.  I will call them

3. Normal people ("I hope I get it soon.  Wonder what's going on")

You don't have to do anything to please group #1.  You will never please group #2 no matter what you do, so don't worry about them.  But you do need to make sure group #3 remains excited and confident in your project.

I myself last month, after communication dried up, I started to move into group #2.  But you know what got me (and a lot of other people) back?  A post on the boards (I think by SNES fan or Zear) and I've been moving towards group #1 ever since.

I love what you are doing with the GCW0 and if you can let people in on that, they are going to be excited about it to.  Except for group #2, but as I said they will never be happy with anything.  Don't let them get you down.

Again, thanks for the post, I hope it is the first in a long line of them.  Welcome back.