Author Topic: GCW Zero  (Read 1039208 times)

jimclarson

Re: GCW Zero
« Reply #3500 on: December 19, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »
aaaaaauuuugggghhhh!!!!! ~is foaming at the mouth, eye in derp position and psychotic smile on face~ oh my GOOOOOODDD!!!!  holy sentient one legged kiwi fruit walking with crutches!!!!!! i just got a shipping notice from justin!!!!! wtf happy days!!!! ~explodes~

Dexidus

GCW Zero
« Reply #3501 on: December 19, 2012, 02:11:22 pm »
Hahhahahaha nice one!

ruffnutts

« Reply #3502 on: December 19, 2012, 02:25:28 pm »
LOL good for you ;D

TheThinker

« Reply #3504 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »
Justin told me that 110 units remaining will ship after Christmas and keep shipping till complete.

Are these devices currently in USA?

Can't wait to receive my 2 consoles! :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:50:56 pm by TheThinker »

robert2098

« Reply #3505 on: December 19, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »
Sergio Majic is danilop2k2 aka GCWB and he has been refunded via Google wallet and western union for his first 65.00 as promised last night after he said who he was.

When this all started he wanted a refund and I hooked him up with several people on the forum to sell it too each time he high balled the price above what the console actually sold for so none were interested.

Sorry for bringing this up again but FYI he is today also banned from AtariAge because of dumping roms of Colleco homebrew releases and reselling them (and possibly illegal copies) on eBay.

Robert

jimclarson

« Reply #3506 on: December 20, 2012, 01:39:58 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8olMfiY23E" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8olMfiY23E</a>

THE GCW ZERO!!!! SO AWSOME ITS EVEN AS AMAZING AS GIANT ROBO. JUSTIN, STAND TALL BESIDE YOUR MIGHTY CREATION, THE GCW ZERO!!!!

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #3508 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »
Was thinking of the following...

Advertising on multiple handheld forums

InsertCoin on Engadget

Gizmodo forums

Tomshardware forums

Any other ideas?

Besides targeting gamers, you should also try to get the attention of developers at forums like Gamasutra. Although the ports and emulators the Zero plays are great, having a selection of original games developed specifically for the Zero could really help it stand out from the crowd of emulator handhelds currently on the market.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Dexidus

GCW Zero
« Reply #3509 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:50 pm »
Any more sent today.

Dude, I'm positive someone will post something when anything happens, trust me.

jimclarson

« Reply #3510 on: December 20, 2012, 11:11:49 pm »
Was thinking of the following...

Advertising on multiple handheld forums

InsertCoin on Engadget

Gizmodo forums

Tomshardware forums

Any other ideas?

Besides targeting gamers, you should also try to get the attention of developers at forums like Gamasutra. Although the ports and emulators the Zero plays are great, having a selection of original games developed specifically for the Zero could really help it stand out from the crowd of emulator handhelds currently on the market.

+1
original gcw zero exclusive games ftw yo!!!

zear

« Reply #3511 on: December 20, 2012, 11:15:48 pm »
I don't like the idea of exclusives. GCW is an open platform and any game written for it should be portable to other devices. If all the game developers from the past kept their software exlusive to their original platforms, nowadays we'd have no games to run on GCW ;)

jimclarson

« Reply #3512 on: December 20, 2012, 11:34:44 pm »
definatly, i think exclusive is a wrong choice of words, though i do very much like the idea of some open source software built for the gcw, the ability to port to another device is of course included as this is open source, i just think it'd be nice  to have some gcw zero specific games that take advantage of the zero's hardware capabilities. coding competitions are always fun, they seemed to work well with the caanoo in produceing some decent original games, such as paper wars.

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #3513 on: December 21, 2012, 03:54:19 am »
A little bit off topic but semi related and rather interesting...

That new Neo Geo X handheld is using the exact same CPU as the GCW:

What's the bet that the OS and emulators from the GCW could easily be ported over to the Neo Geo X console. Would you guys allow this if it could be done or would that be out of the question?

gcw

• http://GCW-Zero.com
« Reply #3514 on: December 21, 2012, 05:06:46 am »
Our OS is open source so I'm sure it could be done but components such as wifi if it has any and other drivers probably won't work on it. You would also need to reverse the gpio to make controls and other functions work. It's a huge task not to be taken lightly.

But end of the day if a third party developer wanted to I guess he could the hard part all along has been the drivers making connections and getting source or getting vendor of a component to compile source for us was and still is not an easy process.  There is also just actually having to write a driver from scratch assembling a team to tackle it could be very hard also.

dmitry_smagin

« Reply #3515 on: December 21, 2012, 05:42:41 am »
It's technically possible to port OD on neogeox but is it reasonable?

Neogeox is more restricted hardware-wise: no usb-port (though you can solder one), no external sd-card but a proprietary non-standard cartridge slot, fewer buttons, no d-pad but analog, fewer RAM (128 Mb).

It seems almost impossible that someone would buy a more expensive but more restricted device to run OD on.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #3516 on: December 21, 2012, 06:08:24 am »
The external SD card is standard, they're just using a proprietary file format for their game cards.

crazyhorse2352

« Reply #3517 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:00 am »
oooh, suddenly the neogeox becomes interesting....

PureWicked.AU

• Australian GCW reseller
« Reply #3518 on: December 21, 2012, 12:54:03 pm »
really don't want to sound mean, the Neo Geo will be a good candidate for ports to our GCW Zero if the specs are right surely?!

I mean it has less memory, proprietary file format etc.. but same processor? so we have the advantage over it surely?

people are just casting about for "alternatives" I have a Pandora and it is as close an alternative that I know, but sometimes the full keyboard and foldable screen do get in the way,

don't get me wrong though I love it and it's battery life etc, wish they would have shipped better, the GCW Zero is much further along than they are. ..

I will keep a Pandora myself but sell the other.. if I ever get it, but the GCW Zero I am likely to keep 2 for myself and sell the rest I get  I admit so I can make Frankenstein colours by swapping buttons :-P

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #3519 on: December 21, 2012, 02:06:39 pm »
I am looking for a real troll can anyone help me where I could start looking I want to turn it to stone.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic