Author Topic: GCW Zero  (Read 1439968 times)

robert2098

Re: GCW Zero
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:54 am »
What is final cost of GCW Zero Special Edition it will be between $110.00 to $120.00

So now we've increased the price a little bit further.

120$. Good luck with that.

That is the price for the 512MB version. The 256MB version will be a little cheaper but I don't think it will be much cheaper. I agree that if the price does not come down below the $100, it will be hard to compete with the Android devices out there which give more bang for the buck.

Also no mention of the shipping costs. If it is the same as DD-USA calculates then it is $25 more for regular shipping to the EU. Then an Andoid device from WillGoo with free or only $6 for registered shipping is even more attractive.

Robert

CREATICA

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:34 am »
Oh yes, my wrong.

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 02:28:35 pm »
Oh yes, my wrong.
...and they're only having 100 of these made, so it's kind of a two edged sword as the rest will only have 256MB and that's the spec that most developers will target...

...impatiently waiting now...  I'll probably have forgotten by the time the mail me the bill for the remaining balance...

cruelcynic (OP)

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:36 pm »
120$. Good luck with that.
The way I see it for the same price of a canoo I am getting a handheld with twice the power and eight times the ram. For a small batch built device the price seems reasonable to me.

SuperL

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:52 am »
YOu must have used a dingoo really long ago if it wasn't running super mario world full speed. If you watch the teaser video you will see it already runs starfox and yoshis island 100% with frameskip 0

No, I've been running the latest and greatest Dingoo SNES emulators. Mario World chugs, and this is a game that the PSP phat can run without problems (even without being overclocked).

My guess is that one of the JXD and Yinlips devices will get true analog before GCW can do adequate SNES (or N64 or Mame at all)

qbertaddict

• The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 04:37:13 am »
pocketsnes and the dingoosnes from the emulation pack runs super mario world and most other games full speed. Did you try either of those on the native os? If you did did you delete the sim and app from the old one first?

qbertaddict

• The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 04:39:06 am »
My guess is that one of the JXD and Yinlips devices will get true analog before GCW can do adequate SNES (or N64 or Mame at all)

The gcw already does snes full speed even fx chip games like starfox and smw2. Quit trolling

hi-ban

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 08:23:45 am »
What about Kirby's Dream Land 3? It has always been one of the slowest SNES games for emulating.

You should release another video (i already said this to you via PM some time ago)

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:29 pm »

The gcw already does snes full speed even fx chip games like starfox and smw2. Quit trolling
Banhammer time...

SuperL

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »
Sorry if I came off as a troll.
Maybe this GCW will shape up to be the game console to end them all. We shall see.

retrodoodoo

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 03:05:05 am »
GCW Zero needs to collect people's suggestion here to improve itself.

At the same time, we needs the real console to check for more details.

Hope GCW Zero can bring us more surprise.

darklight1138

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 04:01:26 am »
Just registered to show my support and interest in the device. Haven't found a reason to replace my Caanoo yet but maybe this device is it.

Does this only have HDMI out or does it also have composite out?

Looking forward to following the development!
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

Jutleys

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 09:04:35 am »
It has both it's going to be a great handheld my advice to anyone interested get your deposits down before there all gone 512mb versions one time only offer when there gone they are gone.

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »

emrextreme

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »
"If not shipped three weeks after final payment you will receive a full refund of monies you have paid."

This one is pretty tricky. Who wants to pre pay a project which isn't even certain to be released or not? I mean who are these gcw guys? Really hard to trust anyone these days, sorry.

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 05:10:05 pm »
I don't understand the reasoning behind releasing a limited run of 512MB consoles? Aside from bringing about the possibility of some software not utilising the extra RAM (kind of reminds me of the A320 32MB RAM / A330 64MB RAM scenario), it creates a division between the consumers.

If the intent is to encourage some pre-orders, I think a better way of doing this would be to:

- Offer a discount to the first 100 pre-orders.

- Show some additional videos/updates to the system.

At this stage, from what I can gather from the small amount of info available, the hardware isn't even finalised (this concerns me, nothing will ever get done if things keep changing or requests for new/different things are taken too heavily into consideration). The proprietary OS (if one exists) isn't up to speed and more challenging accomplishments like successful N64 emulation etc are far from being met.

So as a consumer I have to draw some conclusions as to what this device is about, as it doesn't seem it will come to fruition unless enough pre-orders are met. So, all I can come up with is:

- It's being produced by Justin from DDUSA (possibly under contract from Dingoo Technology)
- It will most likely end up running Open Dingux
- The simplest way of summing up this device is to say that it will be a Dingoo A320 with a faster CPU but not compatible with native A320 software
- The creator(s) don't have the financial backing to get this off the ground. It's not completed, in productions or ready to buy and won't be unless enough people pre-order, and even then there's no guarantees.

So running all of the above through my head, there's not much incentive for me to lay down $125 plus shipping.

I'm not trying to be negative, just offering you an insight into what many potential consumers seem to be thinking.

My advice would be to:

- Lower the cost; get it under triple digits (say $95) and it will have a better chance of selling well.

- Keep the specs simple and cost effective. Quit changing things around unless absolutely necessary. If you keep looking into faster CPU's, better screens, more features etc it will never end. Technology improves and cheapens at an alarming rate, you can't keep up with it, sometimes you just need to be content with what you have and as long as everything is working as it should, finalise and release it.

- Finalise the hardware, churn out the software, test extensively (something you can't do until everything is finalised) and show us the results.

cruelcynic (OP)

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 05:24:43 pm »
I am sure that once he gets the new site up and running with some new videos it will be easier to push the product. You are diffinately right about needing to finalize the product. They changed the screen to a resistive touch screen.  :-\

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 07:02:00 pm »
I don't understand the reasoning behind releasing a limited run of 512MB consoles? Aside from bringing about the possibility of some software not utilising the extra RAM (kind of reminds me of the A320 32MB RAM / A330 64MB RAM scenario), it creates a division between the consumers.

If the intent is to encourage some pre-orders, I think a better way of doing this would be to:

- Offer a discount to the first 100 pre-orders.

- Show some additional videos/updates to the system.

At this stage, from what I can gather from the small amount of info available, the hardware isn't even finalised (this concerns me, nothing will ever get done if things keep changing or requests for new/different things are taken too heavily into consideration). The proprietary OS (if one exists) isn't up to speed and more challenging accomplishments like successful N64 emulation etc are far from being met.

So as a consumer I have to draw some conclusions as to what this device is about, as it doesn't seem it will come to fruition unless enough pre-orders are met. So, all I can come up with is:

- It's being produced by Justin from DDUSA (possibly under contract from Dingoo Technology)
- It will most likely end up running Open Dingux
- The simplest way of summing up this device is to say that it will be a Dingoo A320 with a faster CPU but not compatible with native A320 software
- The creator(s) don't have the financial backing to get this off the ground. It's not completed, in productions or ready to buy and won't be unless enough people pre-order, and even then there's no guarantees.

So running all of the above through my head, there's not much incentive for me to lay down $125 plus shipping.

I'm not trying to be negative, just offering you an insight into what many potential consumers seem to be thinking.

My advice would be to:

- Lower the cost; get it under triple digits (say $95) and it will have a better chance of selling well.

- Keep the specs simple and cost effective. Quit changing things around unless absolutely necessary. If you keep looking into faster CPU's, better screens, more features etc it will never end. Technology improves and cheapens at an alarming rate, you can't keep up with it, sometimes you just need to be content with what you have and as long as everything is working as it should, finalise and release it.

- Finalise the hardware, churn out the software, test extensively (something you can't do until everything is finalised) and show us the results.
I serious doubt that Dingoo has anything at all to do with this.  In the openpandora thread they asked Ingenics to recommend potential partners and got 4, then they picked one of them.

Has Justin (of DDUSA) come right out anywhere and said this is his project?  If so, I missed that, but it does indeed sound like the project that he had the post about here before...

512MB version:  I'm sticking with my guess that they need some(or would find helpful) to have some extra funding and possibly(?) as a way of gauging interest in the Zero, but to be brutal honest there are a total phail in PR/hyping the thing.

Alien Grey

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 07:11:52 pm »
I've lost all interest in this device.

I don't like the idea of running commercial games and applications on the what is supposed to be an open-source console. I think that this will only harm the open-source community.

I've got a Dingoo A-380 with a screen resolution of 400 x 240 pixels with 64GB storage space that runs almost all the games that I like at full speed.

Why would I want to buy a console with less storage space and a resolution of 320 x240?  ???
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

zear

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »
Why would I want to buy a console with less storage space and a resolution of 320 x240?  ???
Because 400x240 is pretty useless. Don't you guys have issues with all the SDL games rendering at the top-left corner? ;)

Post a new topic