Author Topic: GCW ZERO up for preorder!  (Read 16815 times)

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
Re: GCW ZERO up for preorder!
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:33 am »
Sadly not. Those were units I had lying around for a long time, just didn't find the time to fix and clean them before :(
I'm evil.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2017, 06:20:12 pm »
Oh okay, gotcha... thanks for clarifying.
"To Dreamesper.com, ZZZZZZzzzzzz.... (smb2)"

:)

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »
So, did I just do this in the wrong order?  ;D

Just went onto Dreamesper last night (9/20) and purchased a Black Zero (thinking "wow, you can still get these? Cool!") - then came over here TODAY and found out about the fulfillment troubles.

Now, I'm writing this with no ill-will or anger - I know text messages can be misread, so I want to clarify that before I say...   Why in the world keep the orders open, if GCW won't return your calls? I assume I am now at the very end of a rather long list of pre-orders, since this seems to have started in the beginning of the year - Would I even get one if you do get an initial shipment? My assumption is, if they are spotty - you may only get part of your 100.

I totally understand a small electronics company's limited ability to produce stock - AND a small sales company's need to get some capital to place an order - but a little bit of a head's up on your website would have been appreciated. In fact, I literally sent you an email this morning, a reply to my purchase receipt, saying "so, did I just order this, or PREorder it?" Because it was rather unclear (said 'preorder' - but also said 'in-stock').

Knowing the situation, I'm still willing to wait my turn - If you honestly think my waiting will score me the prized possession of a GCW Zero.

It looks like it's not your fault, and I totally feel for you - But if you truly think this is a lost cause - you should really take those Zeros off of your site. You can always put them right back up when you have a verification of a shipment and a piece count (If it will cover your pre-orders, of course) - It's just going to cause you more grief it it winds up not happening.

And may the shipment gods bless you with many Zeros. Especially MINE.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:57:09 pm by Vinc3Has3 »

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2017, 11:21:02 pm »
Vince... sry about the confusion... i just replied to you via email.

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2017, 12:55:10 am »
...And you did!

Appreciate the effort and conversation. Thanks!

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2017, 01:07:49 am »
Not a problem.

fidelis1

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2017, 03:46:28 pm »
@dreamesper Any updates on when I can expect to receive my refund? Thanks.

Meanthord

« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2017, 04:53:10 pm »
I asked for the preorder cost refund in May, so soon it will be 4 months. Thief dreamesper probably will not give anyone any money as I wrote few posts earlier.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2017, 05:09:45 pm »
Refunds to be processed by Monday to you both... I am so sorry for the delay... I've been super busy & dealing with refund requests these past two weeks over the Zero, etc.

@Meanthord

I haven't forgotten you... just be patient, it's coming by Monday. Thanks.

fidelis1

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2017, 05:21:29 pm »
Refunds to be processed by Monday to you both... I am so sorry for the delay... I've been super busy & dealing with refund requests these past two weeks over the Zero, etc.

@Meanthord

I haven't forgotten you... just be patient, it's coming by Monday. Thanks.

No problem. Thanks for getting back to me.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »
Sure, you bet.

GreyImport

« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2017, 07:04:53 pm »
Hi dreamesper. I've just re-forwarded my email to you with my order details. I sent it to the purevisiononline one, is that right?

Thanks for getting this refund processed.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2017, 09:01:55 pm »
Send me order details and refund request to j@dreamesper.com

Thanks.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2017, 06:14:53 pm »
After much deliberation & thought, I have decided to end preorders for the GCW ZERO altogether. For customers that still have orders pending, everyone will be reimbursed one by one over the course of the following month or so. I have MANY, MANY orders so kindly be patient with refunds, etc.

After the 8-9 months of back n forth with GCW, it has become apparent that GCW no longer cares for their product nor resellers that wish to do business with them. Many attempts have been made to contact them recently but to no avail.

So, with that said, I want to apologize to everyone for testing your patience, hard earned $$$ into placing orders & with my business as well. Truly, I am deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart. I had every intention of placing a purchase order with GCW & release the neat handheld to everyone, etc.

However, I will not forget what GCW has put my business & myself through... I intend to sue within the coming months for restitution/damages/lost sales/damage to my business' reputation & a deal that we had setup since back in December/January, etc.

For those that are now on the fence without a handheld to play with soon... all I can offer is either a full refund in the coming weeks OR as stated previously on a different thread... a complimentary upgrade to a black, 32gb GPD XD model instead. I've always felt that the XD is the better handheld overall... more buttons/functions & dual analog.

I will also be updating my twitter/facebook pages with news of this information over the weekend. Additionally, both ZERO models will be removed from dreamesper.com immediately. Again, this is all a blow to many of you & myself as well... but sometimes in business, these things can happen.

Kindly accept my deepest apologies once again & I hope to do business with everyone again in the near future for any of your retro gaming needs. As a side note, I am on a mission to become an authorized reseller for Nintendo soon... so if that falls into place soon, please check back with my site to see what new offerings will be available to purchase or preorder.

Dreamesper
 :(

opt2not

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2017, 11:16:11 pm »
However, I will not forget what GCW has put my business & myself through... I intend to sue within the coming months for restitution/damages/lost sales/damage to my business' reputation & a deal that we had setup since back in December/January, etc.
Please update us on the progress of this suit. Itís really a shame that it has come to this, but I gotta say, he had it coming with the way the business was handled.
Itís really heartbreaking that for something that was started as a passion project has turned into something ugly.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic