Author Topic: GCW Zero Up for Preorder!! 100 Units available!  (Read 50840 times)

Fanatic (OP)

• Retro Gaming Fanatic
Re: GCW Zero Up for Preorder!! 100 Units available!
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2017, 12:34:06 am »
No word from GCW. They don't answer phone calls or text messages. What do you guys want to do? Do you want to wait this out?

Excalibur

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2017, 01:18:43 am »
No word from GCW. They don't answer phone calls or text messages. What do you guys want to do? Do you want to wait this out?

Apparently, GCW is notorious for bad shipping arrangements. Last I heard is that there are a lot of unnecessary complications being faced with shipping.

I, for one, am Okay with waiting. I'll also PM you something....
Ek-skal-uh-ber

fidelis1

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2017, 03:02:53 am »
@Fanatic According to Justin Baze in the GCW Zero Kickstarter comments https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gcw/gcw-zero-open-source-gaming-handheld/comments Justin Barwick the owner of @gcw has another family emergency and the Arcade he owns is closed. The Arcade is going to reopen on September 28 so maybe that means he?ll also start answering his call, texts and emails for GCW then too? I don?t know, but I just thought I?d bring it to your attention.

Fanatic (OP)

• Retro Gaming Fanatic
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2017, 03:27:44 am »
I plan on waiting for the units. Everyone is counting on me to deliver and I plan to.

fidelis1

« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2017, 04:24:20 am »
I plan on waiting for the units. Everyone is counting on me to deliver and I plan to.

Glad to hear it and I hope it works out. If he still doesn?t ship the units he owes you after a while though you should probably take it to court so you can get at least some of the money back and issue your customers refunds.

Excalibur

« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2017, 04:39:47 am »

Ek-skal-uh-ber

eltehero

« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2017, 08:12:49 am »

Hi Fanatic,

I have decided to cancel my preorder and ask for a refund. The delay has gone past my cut off point and I cannot wait any longer. I am sorry it has come to this.

I have sent you a pm and am still awaiting a reply.

You have admiration from the community for trying to get the device and I hope it all works out at the end.

Randwulf83

« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2017, 04:40:40 pm »
Unfortunately, I, too, have decided to cancel my preorder and request a refund. I have e-mailed you a copy of my receipt -- if you could respond when able, that'd be awesome.

thebradshaw

« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15:10 am »
Hey guys, I've been checking up on the situation pretty frequently.

I find it very disappointing the run around that I am seeing from GCW. I can understand not having the units in a timely fashion as there can be difficulties with logistics and production etc. but to not provide any clarity and updates on the matter when dealing with a bulk shipment like this?

That being said, I am still hopeful and I vote that we stay the course until Fanatic deems otherwise.

Excalibur

« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2017, 05:02:29 am »
That being said, I am still hopeful and I vote that we stay the course until Fanatic deems otherwise.

That's the spirit!
Ek-skal-uh-ber

fidelis1

« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2017, 12:48:44 am »
@Fanatic Hopefully Justin Barwick @gcw comes through eventually.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:13:08 pm by fidelis1 »

Fanatic (OP)

• Retro Gaming Fanatic
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2017, 01:41:11 am »
Thanks. I will keep everyone updated.

Randwulf83

« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2017, 05:06:39 am »
Was sorry to pull out, Fanatic -- but time was more of the essence than having a new system, so afraid I got one used. Still a GCW fan, and still your fan. Hope the units come through, and THANK YOU for doing such a service to so many, despite the clear risk!

If my brother or any friends decide to go the GCW route for their playing pleasure in the near future, I will definitely send them your way. You, sir, are a good man.

fidelis1

« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2017, 03:52:44 am »
@Fanatic Did Justin Barwick @gcw get back to you yet? His Arcade should have reopened today so I would assume he would try to handle business related correspondence.

Fanatic (OP)

• Retro Gaming Fanatic
« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2017, 02:46:50 pm »
I did. GCW stated that he had a family emergency and will work on getting me the units. We'll see where this goes.

fidelis1

« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2017, 03:09:48 pm »
I did. GCW stated that he had a family emergency and will work on getting me the units. We'll see where this goes.
Glad to hear they are communicating with you again. Just a suggestion that you might want to change the description for the GCW Zero Black and White units on your store website. It says they will be shipping in July which has already passed. Maybe change it to estimated Fall 2017?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:37:31 pm by fidelis1 »

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2017, 11:12:03 am »
Except Evildragon, owner of the dragonbox shop, stated he is yet to receive 20 units from his last order 1.5 years ago.This loss would wipe out any money he made on the units.

Ah, well, that was a bit different:
After receiving the first units (with the horrible build quality), I told him to hold on to these units until these issues have been resolved. I never followed up. I considered that money as a loss, as I didn't think I'd be able to get anything more useful from them.
I'm evil.

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2017, 11:15:27 am »

His family must be really big though, as it seems he has family emergencies at least once a month...

Hopefully, you'll receive your units at some time!
You got my support, if you need to take legal actions (hopefully that won't happen though).
I'm evil.

fidelis1

« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2017, 04:50:12 pm »
@Fanatic Did @gcw give you an updated estimate on when he plans to ship your order?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:12:20 pm by fidelis1 »

thebradshaw

« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2017, 06:16:06 pm »
Any news on this front? The silence on this forum and the rhetoric on the other one is making me uneasy.

Post a new topic