Author Topic: GCW Zero Up for Preorder!! 100 Units available!  (Read 40630 times)

crazyhorse2352

Re: GCW Zero Up for Preorder!! 100 Units available!
« Reply #285 on: November 30, 2017, 08:46:01 am »
Its not looking good...

Excalibur

« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2017, 08:30:29 pm »
Nope. Not looking good at all.
Ek-skal-uh-ber

ms602

• I'm on Google+, follow me if you want
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2017, 08:41:53 pm »
Hello everyone! I've had a PSP 3000 I've been using for retro gaming for a while, which seems to do like 80% of what the GCW purports to do, plus it plays PSP games also of course. There's no burning urgency that I get a GCW, but it would be nice. I really love that the screen is the 4:3 ratio that most television video games were designed for, and the specs on the thing are fair, though certainly laughable by many modern smart phone standards.

This is very long running thread! I went back and read a few pages from the beginning, but it's fricking 20 pages of comments and posts! I found this forum when I was considering whether to buy a GCW Zero from Fanatic's website. Obviously, the sale page says it's available and on sale now, so I was about to check out, when I decided to do a little digging and found this page. I decided to hold off now that I've found there are issues.

So would someone be so kind to summarize what we know, and where this issue stands currently?

Excalibur

« Reply #288 on: December 07, 2017, 01:21:51 am »
@ms602

TL;DR

Fanatic paid GCW-Zero the cost to produce and ship 100 Units and GCW-Zero is outrageously late on delivering the units to Fanatic so he can deliver them to those who bought them from his site.

Some of us are sticking by Fanatic and didn?t request a refund and all of us are hopin that GCW will deliver the order to Fanatic like they?re supposed to.

People are pissed at GCW-Zero and nobody knows what is really going on or why they never delivered to Fanatic.
Ek-skal-uh-ber

van denhawk

« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2017, 08:56:01 am »
Fanatic, any update on the situation? Can you give us some good news for Xmas?

Just out of interest, as the units are still up for preorder on your site, can you tell us how many preorder slots are left?

Perp#1

« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2017, 08:46:08 pm »
Hi All. I am one of the people that originally supported the GCW Zero via Kickstarter. I am sorry, but you will never see those consoles, unless you fight tooth and nails for them (then you have about a 50% chance). This thread is a complete rerun of how the Kickstarter campaign went: First there was a shipment date, then no shipment, then a new shipment date. This cycle was repeated multiple times. Sometimes, blame was shifted to the Chinese factory, then to U.S. (or European, Brazilian, etc) customs, then to UPS (or DHL). Then we heard stories about quality problems and devices that had to be sent back to China. Then the stories about family tragedies and emergencies started: nephew, father, blah, bubb, blah. Some Kickstarter supporters managed to get their consoles by never ceasing to stop emailing Justin Barwick directly (no use to discuss him on this thread, he won't read it), some people got Kickstarter (no help at all) or their credit card company (sometimes helpful) involved. Other Kickstarter supporters have not seen their consoles to this day. I emailed Justin B once a day for several months and finally threatened to take legal action. Only then did I get my device (needless to say: it passed through customs in a day). This seems to be how he operates: He takes your money, then hopes that you won't fight aggressively enough to get what you paid for. Merry Christmas everyone.

SONY

« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2017, 08:56:05 am »
Hi All. I am one of the people that originally supported the GCW Zero via Kickstarter. I am sorry, but you will never see those consoles, unless you fight tooth and nails for them (then you have about a 50% chance). This thread is a complete rerun of how the Kickstarter campaign went: First there was a shipment date, then no shipment, then a new shipment date. This cycle was repeated multiple times. Sometimes, blame was shifted to the Chinese factory, then to U.S. (or European, Brazilian, etc) customs, then to UPS (or DHL). Then we heard stories about quality problems and devices that had to be sent back to China. Then the stories about family tragedies and emergencies started: nephew, father, blah, bubb, blah. Some Kickstarter supporters managed to get their consoles by never ceasing to stop emailing Justin Barwick directly (no use to discuss him on this thread, he won't read it), some people got Kickstarter (no help at all) or their credit card company (sometimes helpful) involved. Other Kickstarter supporters have not seen their consoles to this day. I emailed Justin B once a day for several months and finally threatened to take legal action. Only then did I get my device (needless to say: it passed through customs in a day). This seems to be how he operates: He takes your money, then hopes that you won't fight aggressively enough to get what you paid for. Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Microsoft Surface GO w/ ipega PG-9023 (pending)

Apple iPad pro 2018 or 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

CREEPINGIRON

« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2017, 04:01:57 pm »
If the legal email route is taken, it may have some more impact considering the amount of consoles being manufactured, with pre-orders (not just one) but I don't know, I'm not a lawyer.

Excalibur

« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2017, 07:28:49 am »
The only reason Fanatic hasn't posted to this thread in a while is because he himself heard nothing from Barwick. Justin has, and continues to disappoint people who want the GCW0 and there's always a new excuse for why the units aren't delivered. Oh well...
Ek-skal-uh-ber

Excalibur

« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2017, 07:29:13 am »
Ek-skal-uh-ber

thebradshaw

« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2018, 11:56:35 am »
Good Morning,

I regret to write that I would like to request the cancellation and refund of my purchase from your store, Retro Gaming Fanatic.

I would like to thank you for everything you have attempted to do for this gaming community. The transparency and feedback you've provided us along the way has been excellent. I honestly would have loved to have my GCW-Zero by Christmas, but the signals coming out of the GCW-Zero camp has filled me with doubt. With that, it is my opinion that it may be time to abandon the whole endeavor. GCW has demonstrated that they're simply dishonest with their communication and you're the one taking the headache for their lack of professionalism on this matter.

Again, thank you for everything you've done, let me know what you can do on this matter at your convenience.

Fanatic (OP)

• Retro Gaming Fanatic
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2018, 02:18:34 pm »
Still no word from GCW. I know the GCW arcade is shut down. Hopefully Justin hasn't fled town. I will keep everyone posted.

Fanatic (OP)

• Retro Gaming Fanatic
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2018, 09:55:12 pm »
I talked to Justin today. He stated that I should have the units in two weeks. Hopefully this happens. It would seem strange for GCW to ship accessories to me and not the units. If they were going to stiff me, why bother with the accessories?

opt2not

« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2018, 10:03:26 pm »
^This is great news.  I'm really pulling for all of you who pre-ordered. I know the buddy I recommended to this hasn't cancelled his order yet, and is still holding hope that it will come. So, fingers crossed!

van denhawk

« Reply #299 on: January 08, 2018, 10:09:49 pm »
@Fanatic. Good to hear. How many units have been preordered from your site? Can units still be preordered?