• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GCW Won't Connect to Manager *HELP ASAP!!!*  (Read 2910 times)

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

GCW Won't Connect to Manager *HELP ASAP!!!*
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:06:03 am »
okay so i have NO idea what i did but when i went to connect my GCW to the manager it worked perfectly fine the first time and then i was like "Hmm....i should try and connect it via FTP (Filezilla)" and then after that i switched back to using the manager and i got this error message (see photo) is there ANY way to fix this so that the GCW can connect with the manager again? because when i go into the Network app to put in the IP address and then the random password the message comes up after i click Next this is driving me bat sh*t crazy!! i don't have any old connections in the drop down menu in the manager and i've already deleted the folder in AppData\Roaming\gcwzeromanager as well just to start fresh and i deleted Filezilla as well just in case and i used the manager AGAIN and i STILL get the same issue that happens in the photo i posted i don't know what happened or what i did wrong but it's driving me up the damn wall at this point!! i have NO other way to transfer files to my GCW at this point so it's REALLY frustrating

Xaijiqq

Re: GCW Won't Connect to Manager *HELP ASAP!!!*
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 05:41:51 pm »
i've experienced similar issues with both manager and filezilla so i stopped using them long ago.  i recommend trying a different ftp client

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:35 pm »
@Xaijiqq i'll try a different FTP client but since this issue happened i tried the manager on another laptop i have and it connects without any issues with an old connection but when i transfer any OPK files they transfer over but they don't show up on my GCW so i don't think they actually get transferred over and i've used the manager ever since i got my GCW because it was easy to use and this issue happens and now i have no way of transferring files that don't even 100% get transferred over i've entered the 10.1.1.2 GCW IP address and password correctly when it's plugged in and everything and still nothing the manager ALWAYS worked perfectly fine for me i just don't know what made it have this issue i feel like maybe it's the GCW itself or something i don't know...

Senor Quack

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 02:01:12 am »
Have you tried a new mini-USB cable?  They really only last for so long, I've gone through 4 or 5 of mine over the years.

Enter a cmd prompt and try pinging your GCW
ping 10.1.1.2

You should get some replies, if not then that would explain the problem.

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 02:47:58 am »
@Xaijiqq so i tried 3 or 4 different FTP clients and it still didn't work it kept saying to check the host name or password and everything was entered correctly...i think it's definitely the GCW itself and something is missing from the system

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 11:10:19 am »
I've had problems connecting the GCW Zero to Windows 10 with cable before.

So maybe try to have the GCW Zero Manager connect to your device over Wifi instead. Connect your console to wifi, go the network app and generate a password and use that and the IP displayed there.

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 11:23:41 am »
@Harteex i've plugged it in via USB and over Wi-Fi as well and i STILL get the same exact result and when i use the GCW Manager and then enter a private key to connect it works and OPK files transfer over BUT...they don't show up on my GCW so i don't think they actually 100% get fully transferred over im not 100% sure but i think maybe the GCW itself is missing a file or something in it i don't know because every time i try to connect with the manager it ALWAYS says to check the IP address or password and i've entered them correctly and like i mentioned i've tried 3 or 4 different FTP clients and the GCW still don't connect with them...i feel like me trying to connect it with Filezilla for the first time MAYBE had something to do with my issue i don't know =(

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 11:56:58 am »
If you try to install an OPK, and then on your Zero open DinguxCmdr and navigate /media/data/apps. Do you see the OPK you tried to install? Does it have a size greater than zero? I don't know why this wouldn't work.

Or are you out of space on the Zero?

When it comes to actually connecting to your console, I would recommend trying to connect with an FTP program. GCW Zero Manager uses FTP to do the initial connection and install your public key on the device. If it doesn't work with another FTP program either, I can probably not offer much help, and it's better to ask the OpenDingux developers.

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 05:04:00 pm »
yes i do see the OPK on DinguxCmdr and the size of it is 233,472 and im not too sure if im out of space
idk how i'd check that and i've tried multiple times to connect with Filezilla and other FTP clients i downloaded
and it just won't connect to them at all and when i try to connect with Filezilla it says "Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS"

lazlow3

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 05:31:23 pm »
Double check you aren't connecting to a USB 3 port. I've had weird issues with my GCW and the USB 3 ports on my PC.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 05:39:08 pm »
Can you transfer the OPK files you uploaded to your GCW Zero back to PC? Check with something like md5sum if the binaries are the same. Perhaps the transferred version has been corrupted. One potential reason for this is transferring a file via FTP without binary mode enabled.

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 06:42:23 pm »
@lazlow3 how can i tell which is USB port 3 on my laptop?

@Surkow yeah i can transfer OPK files from my GCW to my laptop that's only if i connect using a Private key on the GCW Manager like i can connect using a Private key but files won't be transferred over i just can't connect with the first option in the manager and how would i enable binary mode?

lazlow3

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 03:29:39 pm »
Some USB 3 ports will have blue plastic in them indicating they are USB 3, if they aren't marked with the blue plastic they should have 'SS' printed next to the port indicating SuperSpeed or USB 3. If the port doesn't have either then it should be USB 2.

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 03:42:13 pm »
@lazlow3 im on a laptop doing this stuff and i don't see any blue tabs in all 3 of the USB ports or SS printed next to them

Juggalo.Gamer.23 (OP)

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 08:10:22 am »
Issue is now resolved....i deleted all old previous connections on my laptop

Post a new topic