• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: gameseek.co.uk charging GBP 99 to ship a GCW Zero to another EU country!  (Read 3419 times)

zugu (OP)

Hi guys,

So I tried to order a GCW Zero from the european retailers, but the German retailer is out of stock, so that leaves the UK guys over at Gameseek. Except they're asking ?99 to ship the GCW Zero (which itself costs ?115) to Romania, where I live. I find this absolutely ridiculous and infuriating.

I assume there have been people here who have ordered from them. What were your experiences with this dealer?
Also, what are my options? Where can I order without being ripped off?

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
Re: gameseek.co.uk charging GBP 99 to ship a GCW Zero to another EU country!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 03:34:23 pm »
That's... a bit much for shipping. I don't think I've ever seen shipping cost that much.

I'd contact gameseek and ask them about it. If that doesn't work, you may need to wait for DragonBox to receive more. From what I've seen though, retailers are pretty good about keeping the GCW-Zero in stock. It shouldn't be too long. :D
Dingoonity is the place to be!

zugu (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:22:06 pm »
Here's their reply:

Unfortunately this is based on the weight and the size of the item.

What a joke. I will wait for DragonBox to restock.

Goggles2114

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 05:58:20 pm »
What the...

It's a box small enough to fit in a normal mailbox not a lead brick.

I'm calling shenannagins.

ruffnutts

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 06:59:31 pm »
Gameseek have never got stock my mate tried so many times he gave up and where in the UK

xXFrostXx

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 07:05:39 pm »
Gameseek have never got stock my mate tried so many times he gave up and where in the UK

Gameseek has them in stock. It's DragonBox that is out of stock.
Dingoonity is the place to be!

ruffnutts

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 07:06:37 pm »

Gameseek has them in stock. It's DragonBox that is out of stock.

I just check nothing there.... lol they do amazing first time I have seen it phones friend now ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:11:04 pm by ruffnutts »

Daniel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
Wait for Dragonbox to restock. Shipping was 12 euro for me and it only took 3 days.

lemmywinks

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:36:58 pm »
Might depend on what courier they use, some charge astronomical prices for overseas shipping even if they are EU. UK couriers have gone really expensive recently for international stuff, at my work we have had to change couriers a few times for exports. We use Interlink as they get DPD at lower prices, we used to use TNT but they started charging crazy prices even for daily business collections.

Might be worth seeing if they'll let you sort your own courier out, should be able to get UPS for around ?30.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

zugu (OP)

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:42 am »
They charge just ?30 to ship a GCW Zero to Athens, Greece. It's 333% more expensive to ship the same item to Bucharest, Romania, even if Bucharest is closer to UK than Athens  :)

lemmywinks

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 12:49:35 pm »
Like I said it might depend on the courier/middleman they use, some offer good rates to certain places and awful ones to others with no consistency, either that or they could just be greedy or don't want to ship to Romania! I would expect it to be in the region of ?30-?35 though for a good but cheap courier (TNT/UPS/DPD/FedEX). Might be worth messaging them again about it and provide courier quote links.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Post a new topic