Author Topic: D-Pad and buttons sticking issue  (Read 102799 times)

jamboid

Re: D-Pad and buttons sticking issue
« Reply #360 on: June 15, 2015, 06:39:24 pm »
Hey all,

On Sunday i plucked up the courage to mod that god-damn awful d-pad (man what were they thinking!!!).

broke the switch and triggers while doing it....but its all back together now.......despite having to switch it on with a screwdriver:) ...

For anyone who's interested......i followed this:-
http://wiki.surkow.com/D-Pad_Modifications

however instead of halving the depth from the top....i shaved the thickess of the pad from the bottom with a dremel...
... so the pad protrudes less....

now i can actually play fightning games :) fireball, round-house, dragon-punch !!!! oh yeah!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:41:06 pm by jamboid »

jamboid

« Reply #361 on: June 15, 2015, 06:47:44 pm »

Interestingly i noticed when taking the GCW apart was that many of the screws used to attach the PCB were not biting....they were just spinning in the holes. Seems like the screws used were too small.....this included the ones around the d-pad....this might explain some of that 'mushiness'....since the PCB might be moving slightly each time a button is pressed.......

davidgilmour

« Reply #362 on: May 12, 2019, 10:07:37 am »

Interestingly i noticed when taking the GCW apart was that many of the screws used to attach the PCB were not biting....they were just spinning in the holes. Seems like the screws used were too small.....this included the ones around the d-pad....this might explain some of that 'mushiness'....since the PCB might be moving slightly each time a button is pressed.......

@jamboid but is the mushiness gone? Did you use the same screws?