• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: 64 GB Internal SD Card  (Read 2481 times)

zephyrus (OP)

64 GB Internal SD Card
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:20:41 am »
Just wanna let you know, 64gb sdxc cards do work in the gcw zero. I have replaced the internal sd with a sandisk 64gb sdxc 10 uhs-i and it shows the right capacity. Remember when you do so you must reflash the zero  ;) external sd should work too. now got to load everything on it...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:23:33 am by zephyrus »

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
Re: 64 GB Internal SD Card
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 12:55:25 pm »
Can you write a detailed instructions how to make this upgrade, please? I'm not familiar enough with that kind of things but definitely would want to do this later, when my Zero will arrive.

Malleus

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 01:30:52 pm »
Why?  ;D
Dont get me wrong, great news that it works!
But isnt the included card a UHS-I card?
And I think the Internal and External SD card uses the same USB bus so they should be the same speed.
So unless you need more then 64+16GB there is no point in switching the Internal SD before you have used up the Externalslot (which should support the same SD and be the same speed)

zephyrus (OP)

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 01:45:38 pm »
@drem: you need a linux system. do a search here on the forum howto do a recompile/flash of the unit or just wait until it's easier with direct usb support and a win-flashing utility.
@malleus: well just for interest :) i had a 64gb sd left over and unfortunately had a corrupt filesystem yesterday, so i must flash the unit. Now i can use the 32gb for external ;)

Malleus

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 01:56:31 pm »
@malleus: well just for interest :) i had a 64gb sd left over and unfortunately had a corrupt filesystem yesterday, so i must flash the unit. Now i can use the 32gb for external ;)
makes sense, and as a Nerd I might do the same just 'cause...

Post a new topic
Post a new topic