• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: [GCW Zero] SUPER MOD CUSTOM With IPS Screen  (Read 41553 times)

Quickman

Re: [GCW Zero] MOD CUSTOM
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 04:33:03 pm »
@superfenix2020  amazing job! I had a couple questions I was hoping you could answer though:

1.Did you upgrade the D pad using the original GameBoy's Dpad as a replacement? Or did you just use Wii remote buttons and D pad for replacement?

2. Are the larger buttons a better feel for playing in your opinion, as well as did all of these enhancements solve the sticking button/D pad issues?

3. I see the LCD is the same resolution as the GCW zero's LCD, so what makes this LCD screen better? And did it effect battery life at all?

Thank you so much! I hope you can get back to me soon! I would love to do these same modifications! Thank you!

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 06:25:31 pm »
too many questions. XD

I have responded to most things in the same post. Larger buttons, clearly noticeable. Better than tiny original buttons. Besides the quality of them it is much greater.

The D-pad and buttons ABXY used originals of Wii U Gamepad, but also holds one Pro controller of the Wii U. That if modified. The screen is the same as the original. I think it looks better, but I'm not sure.
Spend the same battery as the original.

If you have no experience in doing these things earlier in controllers, do not. You can leave the case console unusable. About buttons pad conductive, you can try using the original or other controls, like a Wii remote. That's going to try and taste. If you like the buttons go harders or softers ....

I think seeing these pictures you can get an idea of ​​what I did:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:35:15 am by superfenix2020 »

Quickman

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 07:25:23 pm »
too many questions. XD

I have responded to most things in the same post. Larger buttons, clearly noticeable. Better than tiny original buttons. Besides the quality of them it is much greater.

The D-pad and buttons ABXY used originals of Wii U Gamepad, but also holds one Pro controller of the Wii U. That if modified. The screen is the same as the original. I think it looks better, but I'm not sure.
Spend the same battery as the original.

If you have no experience in doing these things earlier in controllers, do not. You can leave the case console unusable. About buttons pad conductive, you can try using the original or other controls, like a Wii remote. That's going to try and taste. If you like the buttons go harders or softers ....

I think seeing these pictures you can get an idea of ​​what I did

Thank you so much!
  I may have someone professional help me modify mine.

also, I apologize if there is a language barrier... But what did you mean by
"The D-pad and buttons ABXY used originals of Wii U Gamepad, but also holds one Pro controller of the Wii U. That if modified."??
Are you saying everything, but one button, was taken from a wii U game pad?

Thank you again for your help!

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 09:29:46 pm »
excuse me, my English is bad.
I wanted to say that I used the d-pad and the original buttons of Gamepad Wii U, but that the D-pad and buttons of Pro Controller Wii U also work for this mod.

edit: original buttons and d-pad wii u gamepad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Original-Black-Button-full-Set-Nintendo-Wii-U-Gamepad-controller-Home-Button-/121619331614?hash=item1c5113ba1e:g:k6gAAOSw7aBVKF4V
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:34:51 pm by superfenix2020 »

Quickman

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 09:39:32 pm »
excuse me, my English is bad.
I wanted to say that I used the d-pad and the original buttons of Gamepad Wii U, but that the D-pad and buttons of Pro Controller Wii U also work for this mod.

edit: original buttons and d-pad wii u gamepad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Original-Black-Button-full-Set-Nintendo-Wii-U-Gamepad-controller-Home-Button-/121619331614?hash=item1c5113ba1e:g:k6gAAOSw7aBVKF4V
Fantastic! Thank you so much! And again I apologize for asking so many questions :D

Also,  were you saying that these buttons and D pad are a bit harder to the touch then the others?
 And would you recommend the wii D pad over the original GameBoy D pad modification that most people recommend?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:54:49 pm by Quickman77 »

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 10:12:59 pm »
the buttons go soft or hard depending on the pad conductive.

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/Replacement-Parts-Button-Pad-Conductive-Adhesive-For-WII-Pro-Controller/32424251637.html

I recommend D-pad: Gamepad Wii U, Pro Controller Wii U, Wii Classics controllers and D-pad twist Xbox 360 controller modified (only the cross, putting in another base)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:35:34 am by superfenix2020 »

Quickman

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 10:41:40 pm »
@superfenix2020
Such great info!!  Again thank you so much! That's great that you can buy the membranes/conductive as you  showed me in the links! I thought it was just the buttons and the d pad themselves, I had no idea that you could purchase replacement membranes/conductive as you said. That's great news! Thank you so much for all of the detailed replied and photos! Truly thank you

Quickman

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 06:47:39 pm »
@superfenix2020 ughhh! The person  Who was going to modify my zero canceled on me. :(
I wish you lived in the United States, I would beg for you to modify my zero! I don't want to mess anything up since I have no experience myself with modifying.
Why do you have to live in Spain!? Ha ha ;)

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 10:16:46 am »
yes, I'm from Spain

Quickman

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 10:13:42 am »
.. Soon.. news.

DSI XL speakers on the back cover of GCW Zero. ;D

Quickman

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »
 I came across this guys work somehow, looks pretty cool! If anyone's interested here's his email too!
 ---> [email protected]

I think he Lives Georgia.

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »
news, ??4 speakers!!
Two bottoms speakers DSI XL

now it has a really powerful sound  ;D

The engine of vibration I have taken it from him definitively because it does not serve for anything, only to hinder and to spend battery. Except that it is not used for any emulator and any game, and it bothers  the time of opening the console.

...And new skin decal Retro
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:35:47 am by superfenix2020 »

Quickman

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2015, 07:15:43 pm »
 Awesome work, man! Looks phenomenal :)

I'm still really obsessed with your D pad and buttons! They look big and comfortable!
Were both the D pad and buttons from a Wii U pro controller? @superfenix2020

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2015, 09:20:21 pm »
yes, They are more comfortable!

zear

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2015, 11:52:59 pm »
Except that it is not used for any emulator and any game
Which I hope to change very soon, just waiting for new FW to be released ;)

I love your mod, though. It looks really awesome!

Quickman

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2015, 12:30:05 am »
Except that it is not used for any emulator and any game
Which I hope to change very soon, just waiting for new FW to be released ;)

Can't wait! The use of the vibration with some PSX and Nintendo 64 would be amazing!  But really I'm curious to see what it's used for in any way shape or form! Thanks for all of your hard work and detailed replies @zear !!!

superfenix2020 (OP)

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2015, 10:13:15 am »
I want use the mini HDMI output and USB OTG...someday.
The vibration I do not care.
The PSX and N64 emulation too. Do not use the GCW-Zero for those two systems.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:15:20 am by superfenix2020 »

Quickman

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2015, 06:37:20 pm »
I want use the mini HDMI output and USB OTG...someday.
The vibration I do not care.
The PSX and N64 emulation too. Do not use the GCW-Zero for those two systems.

I want it ALL!!! MUWHAHAHAHAHAH! (Insert evil Bowser laugh)

Haha

Post a new topic