• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New Game for GCW Zero  (Read 5721 times)

AmigaRacer (OP)

New Game for GCW Zero
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »
Hello, i just wanted to inform you that i have for my Game Amiga Racer also an GCW Zero Version (opk) as Download available. Currently the game for GCW Zero doesn't support the Live-Update (yet) and is still under development. If you like the game and you want to support development you can donate via the website if you like.

We also have a dedicated facebook group with lots of informations about "behind the scenes" and current development progress. Fell free to apply here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/437267409800246/ and please mention in the intrudction post that you are from the GCW Forum. (Helps me to get some idea how many people using the GCW version)

Have fun and hopefully see you around in Amiga Racer!  ;D

superfenix2020

Re: New Game for GCW Zero
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:03:07 pm »
thanks, I'll testing.

zear

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »
The OPK is malformed and can't be opened:
Code: [Select]
opendingux:/media/data/local/home # opkrun /media/data/apps/AmigaRacer.opk
Error reading input: unexpected EOF
Failed to read metadata block @0x2a0eb43
Failed to read metadata block
Table block 44100419 not found
Failed to read directory inode 00000A9C0334
Unable to open metadata file within OPK

...or extracted:
Code: [Select]
[[email protected] tmp]$ unsquashfs AmigaRacer.opk
Parallel unsquashfs: Using 2 processors
Read on filesystem failed because EOF
read_uids_guids: failed to read id index table
FATAL ERROR aborting: failed to uid/gid table

md5sum: 9d21da71f672ab520005ebb2ac581573

I re-downloaded it twice and confirmed the md5 sum matches the one of the OPK uploaded to my GCW Zero.

As for Facebook - I don't have an account, so I can't join your group, but feel free to join our IRC channel instead, if you need any help with testing or have any development related questions: http://www.gcw-zero.com/irc

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 04:44:22 am »
I have the same issue as zear. I would love to do a video of this once it is fixed. I'll try running it on the gcw-zero's amiga emulator until then

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 12:52:19 am »
a updated working version is now available at his website. The game is really fun and has some great features that are still being added like a track editor. The music is awesome and its a lot of fun. I'll be doing a video of it soon. OH dont select the auto update option in the menu. It is not working yet and will crash the app

his website is  www.amigatec.com

Quickman

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 02:22:12 am »
a updated working version is now available at his website. The game is really fun and has some great features that are still being added like a track editor. The music is awesome and its a lot of fun. I'll be doing a video of it soon. OH dont select the auto update option in the menu. It is not working yet and will crash the app

his website is  www.amigatec.com

Can't wait for the video! Thanks @qbertaddict !

And thanks for the game too, guys!

zear

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 06:08:57 pm »
I redownloaded the game and the OPK issue was finally resolved.

The game works like a charm. Thanks for making a GCW0 port!

There are two issues at the moment that I have noticed:
1) The game is downscaled from 640x480, which makes some of the text and gui elements unreadable.
2) The input mapping is not well adapted for GCW0 (ie. car acceleration/break is done with D-PAD UP/DOWN, while I think having it mapped to A/B would work much better).
Although I understand this game is still in development, so these issues will hopefully be fixed in the future :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic