Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 2082 times)

Gerd (OP)

Multiplayer
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:22 am »
Hello everyone I'm wondering what games already support multiplayer because I think this is something my friends and I could really get into. I know no emulators work yet but what other games like quake do? Also is it possible to play games over wifi where one person is in their house and I'm in mine? Thank you!

Vato

Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:10:04 am »
Odamex is a good place to start. It's a Doom port for online gaming.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/%28beta%29-odamex-%28doom-port-for-online-gaming%29/

Gerd (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 12:34:54 am »
Thank you! ;D Are there any real time strategy multiplayer games? Most of my friends are into those too.

zear

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 06:35:23 am »
Descent 2 supports multiplayer and Quake 2 as well (although the latter one will require you to add an IP address of a remote server in the config file).

In the current firmware, if you want to play locally against a different GCW Zero, both units will need to connect to the same wi-fi network.
The next firmware release (to be released soon) features a unit to unit connectivity without the need of having an active wi-fi network in the area (one of the units hosts it's own network).

I don't know of any RTS games for GCW Zero, yet alone with multiplayer feature.

Gerd (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 07:28:59 pm »
Well maybe my friends and I could change that. ;D Most of them are proficient in coding and the rest are good artists.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic