Author Topic: Mice in Joy (Mouse in Joy)  (Read 6330 times)

AntiCat (OP)

Mice in Joy (Mouse in Joy)
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:23:31 pm »
Hi

I fixed Mice in Joy.
OPK: http://www.bugfree.ch/data/miceinjoy.opk
Source: https://github.com/AntiCatCH/Mice-in-Joy

I have tested it with ScummVM and OpenXcom http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-games-and-homebrew/openxcom/

If you have any questions feel free to post them here.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:26:32 pm by AntiCat »

Kouen Hasuki

Re: Mice In Joy
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »
Cheers for this!

Dejunai

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:16:17 pm »
Most gracious ThX... btw to help people look for this in the future you may want to put the original name in the original top level post... it was "Mouse in Joy" not "Mice in Joy"... so a simple search wont get you here very fast, LOL...

it seems to work very well with ScummVM... and it is once again much more useable than the DPAD Power+B solution.

Much Much Thanks!
-DEJ

EDIT: Ever since I quit sniffing glue, well, er... you know...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 01:15:40 am by Dejunai »

AntiCat (OP)

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »
I tought this was the name the initial Developer (JohnnyOnFlame) had used: https://github.com/JohnnyonFlame/Mice-in-Joy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:31:53 am by AntiCat »

Dejunai

Re: Mice in Joy (Mouse in Joy)
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 01:01:30 am »
uhm... so I reinstalled the previous version by JohnnyOnFlame... DOH...

yes, you are right the icon clearly says "Mice in Joy"... I was searching for "Mouse in Joy"...

I thot it was "Mouse in Joy" and found several topics discussing it as "Mouse in Joy" so clearly I am not alone... But I am embarrassed... LOL...

I just see what I want to see sometimes, ever since my legal prescription to Crack ran out... Thank You Colorado...
-DEJ

spinmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 02:55:32 pm »
Awesome! Many thanks for this! Can't wait to use it in ScummVM ...

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »
ScummVM already uses the joystick for the mouse.

spinmaster

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 07:30:58 pm »
ScummVM already uses the joystick for the mouse.

Sorry - might be a stupid comment - but what is the "joystick" in your terms? GCW has a D-Pad and Analog-Pad. The Analog-Pad (which is the only comfortable input device for ScummVM games) was previously not working with Mice-in-Joy, as it was reportedly broken or buggy.

I haven't tried it since, so I got exited that somebody fixed it now.  ;)

zear

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 11:33:54 pm »
ScummVM natively supports moving the cursor with joystick devices (like our analog nub). You just need to go to the config and turn it on.

spinmaster

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »
ScummVM natively supports moving the cursor with joystick devices (like our analog nub). You just need to go to the config and turn it on.

Thanks for making that clear! Makes me confused though why Mice-in-Joy was apparently then needed to run ScummVM with the Analog-Pad.

If the A-Pad is supported natively - what is the point on having an extra app like Mice-in-Joy?  ???

zear

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 09:03:04 pm »
If the A-Pad is supported natively - what is the point on having an extra app like Mice-in-Joy?  ???
No point. I assume people weren't simply aware of the built-in feature, since it wasn't exposed through the GUI.
I'd also recommend implementing native joystick-mouse support in other games where Mice-in-Joy is currently used (if any), since it's a much cleaner solution.

spinmaster

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »
No point. I assume people weren't simply aware of the built-in feature, since it wasn't exposed through the GUI. (...)

How can I enable Analog-Pad support in ScummVM when it's not exposed in the GUI? I'm running the 1.6.0 release on my GCW but all I find in the options menu is settings for Gfx, Audio and path information.  ???

Since there is no option for enabling the A-Pad in ScummVM through the GUI I was hoping to use the Analog-Pad by installing Mice-in-Joy..

Thanks for your help!

alxtr1bal

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 08:27:20 am »
No point. I assume people weren't simply aware of the built-in feature, since it wasn't exposed through the GUI. (...)

How can I enable Analog-Pad support in ScummVM when it's not exposed in the GUI? I'm running the 1.6.0 release on my GCW but all I find in the options menu is settings for Gfx, Audio and path information.  ???

Since there is no option for enabling the A-Pad in ScummVM through the GUI I was hoping to use the Analog-Pad by installing Mice-in-Joy..

Thanks for your help!

You have to add the line :
joystick_num=0

in your .scummvmrc file that is in your home folder.

But, i prefer to enable Mice in Joy cause it is less sensitive than enabling the joystick in scummvm (unless there is an option do mod the sensitivity in scummvm ?)

johnpeel

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »
Guys I need help. I can't seem to find the mouse calibration menu, I want to make the mouse less sensitive. I've looked all over,...does this have to be executed thru terminal or some other application. I know I'm a noob when it comes to Linux :/ Any help would be appreciated ;)